shape
carat
color
clarity

Beware of the gold snatchers!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sad they're gone. I loved going there on a hot day.

I'm sure I must have met your IL's if you're in the spot I'm thinking of.

I can't wait to fly over the valley. It is something I've wanted to do as long as I can remember. We're doing a restoration so the airplane got brought in on a truck ;(
Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane just seems... wrong. I know a lot of people enjoy it, but there is just too much that can go wrong. Lots of fun to watch though.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1314029440|2996590 said:
So, with gold hitting crazy record prices (this morning a new record high of $1898.60 per ounce!)have people here on the forum heard the news reports about people having their gold chains and necklaces literally ripped off their necks by people as they run by them!
I remember this happening back in the late early 80s when i was living in California and gold and silver hit record prices back then.People had to be careful walking down the streets and board walks because thieves would wear roller rink skates( roller disco fever!!)and grab peoples chains off their necks as they skated past them! Anything like this happening in your area with gold snatchers :evil:

The other day in the grocery store, there was a guy decked out in gold. It was total overkill since he was wearing a tie dye shirt, shorts, and then a huge thick gold chain, gold earring, and something else (watch?) and he was with his two kids. lol The chain was probably worth $3-4K on that day (gold was $1800+).

All my stuff is in a safe deposit so I don't have to worry about it. Right now all I wear is silver!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LGK|1314211211|2998373 said:
TooPatient|1314200871|2998251 said:
LGK|1314136432|2997742 said:
Well, I suppose it is always good to be aware of your surroundings- anyplace that something like that might happen, I'd have my jewelry hidden or not on anyway. Last time I went someplace I might worry about my jewelry (GA floor of a Rob Zombie / Slayer show in Seattle a couple weekends ago, actually :devil:) I left *all* the good jewelry at home and wore the fun rhinestone costume stuff from the '50s. So yeah, I guess if I was wandering around downtown urban areas a lot alone, I'd worry. But, I don't, and the worst you need to worry about in the little town I live is the drunken dude-bros that take over every weekend puking or peeing on something. Which they do. By day it's a cute little antiques mecca- and the little old ladies don't notice that for every antique store, there's a bar. At night the bikers and dude-bros take over, the bars over-serve like whoa, and there's a raging party in the streets. Thus, our building gets peed on, puked on, and you find drunken dude-bros abandoned here and there- very sad. But, I don't think any of them have the motor coordination to snatch *anything*, purse, jewelry or whatever.

Wow, I'm rambling and overcaffeinated today. Don't mind me!

LGK --- Does your cute little antique mecca have a lumber mill next door?
Why yes, yes it does :bigsmile: And an eponymously named very large river which floods us quite thoroughly every few years! You from around here too?

LGK - we were in your mecca the other day!!! lol Was with the kids looking at the sparklies. We also went down to 1st. Gotta love the alternations of antique stores and bars. Some drunk guy stumbled out of one bars and almost smashed into my son. lol (eta - that was the middle of the day!)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
MC|1314294335|2999359 said:
LGK|1314211211|2998373 said:
TooPatient|1314200871|2998251 said:
LGK|1314136432|2997742 said:
Well, I suppose it is always good to be aware of your surroundings- anyplace that something like that might happen, I'd have my jewelry hidden or not on anyway. Last time I went someplace I might worry about my jewelry (GA floor of a Rob Zombie / Slayer show in Seattle a couple weekends ago, actually :devil:) I left *all* the good jewelry at home and wore the fun rhinestone costume stuff from the '50s. So yeah, I guess if I was wandering around downtown urban areas a lot alone, I'd worry. But, I don't, and the worst you need to worry about in the little town I live is the drunken dude-bros that take over every weekend puking or peeing on something. Which they do. By day it's a cute little antiques mecca- and the little old ladies don't notice that for every antique store, there's a bar. At night the bikers and dude-bros take over, the bars over-serve like whoa, and there's a raging party in the streets. Thus, our building gets peed on, puked on, and you find drunken dude-bros abandoned here and there- very sad. But, I don't think any of them have the motor coordination to snatch *anything*, purse, jewelry or whatever.

Wow, I'm rambling and overcaffeinated today. Don't mind me!

LGK --- Does your cute little antique mecca have a lumber mill next door?
Why yes, yes it does :bigsmile: And an eponymously named very large river which floods us quite thoroughly every few years! You from around here too?

LGK - we were in your mecca the other day!!! lol Was with the kids looking at the sparklies. We also went down to 1st. Gotta love the alternations of antique stores and bars. Some drunk guy stumbled out of one bars and almost smashed into my son. lol (eta - that was the middle of the day!)

Oh cool! It is a fun destination for families looking for a good day trip. Ugh, I'm not surprised with the drunk guy- the over-serving and partying has been gradually getting more wide-spread and annoying. Plus you see more of the Hells Angels and other biker gangs in town.

If you were looking at sparklies I suspect you were at my work near the front desk- there isn't much other antique jewelry in town.
:bigsmile: Say hi next time if you remember!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results