shape
carat
color
clarity

Between these 2 diamonds from JA, which would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbieD

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:53:28 AM
Author: Ellen
I''d call JA and tell them to scratch the new IS if they haven''t done it yet. And just as I suspected, gorgeesimo! *muah!
9.gif
(did we make sure it''s eyeclean?)

Coincidentally, JA emailed me the I/scope after I posted my reply to RBsearch!! And it is beyond beautiful! I was so excited I woke up my soon-to-be fiance to have a look. And he sleepily inquired, "I have no idea what I''m looking at, but it looks great... Your diamond isn''t pink is it?" (lol, goodness.) I just responded with "Boy, the things I need to teach you!"
20.gif

Yes, JA confirmed this diamond to be eyeclean (it was one of the first things I checked with them).
9.gif

So, I just ordered the ring over the phone with JA.
36.gif

I''m so excited and antsy. A little worried, though, because I had asked them to try to set the stone as low as they possibly could, but judging from another PSer''s post, it may be too low..? I''m wondering if I should tell them not to. Is it possible for a mounting to be set "too low"?? If so, how will this affect the look of the diamond?
33.gif

newbieD

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 12:22:48 PM
Author: Lorelei

I''d call JA and tell them to scratch the new IS if they haven''t done it yet. And just as I suspected, gorgeesimo! *muah!
9.gif

Thats a beaut!!! Thanks for that RB!!

Yes, can''t thank you enough, RBsearch!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 12:56:34 PM
Author: newbieD

9.gif

Coincidentally, JA emailed me the I/scope after I posted my reply to RBsearch!! And it is beyond beautiful! I was so excited I woke up my soon-to-be fiance to have a look. And he sleepily inquired, ''I have no idea what I''m looking at, but it looks great... Your diamond isn''t pink is it?'' (lol, goodness.) I just responded with ''Boy, the things I need to teach you!''
20.gif

Yes, JA confirmed this diamond to be eyeclean (it was one of the first things I checked with them).
9.gif

So, I just ordered the ring over the phone with JA.
36.gif

I''m so excited and antsy. A little worried, though, because I had asked them to try to set the stone as low as they possibly could, but judging from another PSer''s post, it may be too low..? I''m wondering if I should tell them not to. Is it possible for a mounting to be set ''too low''?? If so, how will this affect the look of the diamond?
33.gif
Woohooo!! And your guy is too funny!
9.gif

newbie, from looking at your setting, I think it''s perfect as is myself. It''s not what you''d call a high setting, just enough, imo. One note, the lower you go, the smaller the diamond will appear, and vice versa.

newbieD

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 1:48:33 PM
Date: 3/20/2009 12:56:34 PM
Woohooo!! And your guy is too funny!
9.gif

newbie, from looking at your setting, I think it''s perfect as is myself. It''s not what you''d call a high setting, just enough, imo. One note, the lower you go, the smaller the diamond will appear, and vice versa.

I know, I found myself a funny one. He''s pretty entertaining, so it keeps things interesting.
9.gif

Good news! JA was more than happy to change the order to have the stone/heading mounted as is. Thank you for letting me know about that, Ellen!

Whew, I can finally just sit back now that this is done. All I have to do now is wait (patiently) until next Thursday.
36.gif
Thank you everyone!! I''ll be sure to keep you posted.
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 2:04:47 PM

I know, I found myself a funny one. He''s pretty entertaining, so it keeps things interesting.
9.gif

Good news! JA was more than happy to change the order to have the stone/heading mounted as is. Thank you for letting me know about that, Ellen!

Whew, I can finally just sit back now that this is done. All I have to do now is wait (patiently) until next Thursday.
36.gif
5.gif
You''re very welcome newbie, now try to sit tight!
9.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 2:09:10 PM

Date: 3/20/2009 2:04:47 PM

9.gif

36.gif
5.gif
9.gif
2.gif
Thats the hard part!
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 2:11:52 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/20/2009 2:09:10 PM

9.gif
2.gif
Thats the hard part!
11.gif
I know.
41.gif

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:42:39 AM
Date: 3/20/2009 10:00:23 AM

Author: RBsearch

FYI, below is the IS for #2 (1210835). I know because I almost bought it a couple months back. For the record, I prefer #2 and think it looks great.

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

RBsearch!!! Thank you so much!! I''ve been waiting since yesterday to get this from JA constantly checking my email to see if they sent it to me.

Oh, my goodness. You have just made my day!!!

I can''t thank you enough! It does look beautiful. I''m so relieved and happy.

I guess this means I''m off to buy my ring! Thank you so so much again!

And to everyone else as well! Thank you for your advice and input and helping me make my decision!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m glad I could be of help. I can''t even remember now why I didn''t get it, but looking at it again I sort of wish I had! It really looks nice, and an excellent price. Don''t forget to post pictures for us once it arrives!

newbieD

Rough_Rock
It''s only been a few hours since I''ve ordered it and I''m already restless, lol.
I''m planning my wedding and house hunting, so hopefully that will keep me preoccupied.
9.gif

RBsearch, it really was a great deal. I''m so glad I found PS before I got serious with some of the big name jewelry stores I was initially shopping at. I definitely will post pics as soon as I get it!! Thanks again
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 2:50:02 PM

It''s only been a few hours since I''ve ordered it and I''m already restless, lol.
I''m planning my wedding and house hunting, so hopefully that will keep me preoccupied.
9.gif

RBsearch, it really was a great deal. I''m so glad I found PS before I got serious with some of the big name jewelry stores I was initially shopping at. I definitely will post pics as soon as I get it!! Thanks again
5.gif
Maybe get a manicure or go and buy some lovely new polish so your hands are all glam and ready....
bat%20eyes3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results