shape
carat
color
clarity

better diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccalss

Rough_Rock
I've browsing the net and found this 2 diamonds I really like.Can anyone tell me which one is better?
E SI1 0.88ct AGS H&A
6.24x6.26x3.75mm
depth 60%
table 57%
HCA 0.5
$4252

E SI1 0.90ct AGS H&A
6.20x6.22x3.81
depth 61.4%
table 56%
HCA 1.1
$4626

Leonid is it possoble to show me how would these diamonds look using the IS,please. Thank you.

buttercup

Rough_Rock
they both sound fabulous!
if it were me, i'd probably go with the cheaper one. it's the same diameter. but that's just me.
those prices are great too, where did you find those diamonds? you've made very smart choices...going right under the 1ct mark and getting the best cut and color. whichever you decide, it's going to be beautiful!
did you check here w/ the angles: http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt1.htm
congrats on your new diamond, which ever it is.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cclass,

Both diamonds are great. It is impossible to tell which one is better without seeing them and it should be your call.

If you give me crown and pavilion angles I can post DiamondCalc simulation for IS but you have to keep in mind that it cannot be 100% exact without knowing minor facets.

Theoretically, the first stone should have a bit less light leakage and better spread (as you can see it has less depth and a bit large diameter for smaller weight). That is why it has better HCA score.

However, as you probably have read on HCA page, once your score is below 2 one has to pay attention to other features such as H&A pattern, etc.

ccalss

Rough_Rock
Hi Leonid ,
The angle for the first diamond is 34.2 and 40.6 and the second diamond is 34.6 and 40.8. I'm not sure if this is right . The AGS copies that I saw are not clear.
Buttercup I found these diamonds at affordablediamondsonline.com .
Thank's Leonid for your reply. And I've been trying to buy an ideal scope but it showed error everytime I checkout.:love:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is known problem :( You can try from another computer or use another browser.

Angles sounds quite right and both diamonds should be great.

Below are DiamCalc simulations. There is not much difference either.

is2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results