shape
carat
color
clarity

Best White Gold Alloys

mepp

Rough_Rock
evergreen|1327430088|3110578 said:
Thanks for the bump! Also wanted to chime in -- James Allen mentioned their new "True White" alloy that doesn't need replating (though they will continue to plate). Not sure how well this question to a specific vendor works with PS's rules, but I would really love to know more about that alloy, and see pictures of it - unplated - next to Pt. (Or ideally next to other unplated WG alloys.) For science! Is it just rebranding of an alloy we already know of, something proprietary like the Stuller X1, or something new and exotic?

If that's not allowed, maybe James Allen would be so kind as to post a comparison picture on his site, for consumer education.

And if they offer chains in their true white. I've been searching around and don't see anyone offering such a think -- again because many of these unplated WG alloys are better for casting but too hard to machine.

japroffitt1

Rough_Rock
Bump this thread back to the top.

I am very interested in this topic as I was originally set on platinum because the ring I am looking at has a lot of pave and I did not want yellow shinning through the halo of the ring with an F center stone. After reading a lot of the downfalls of platinum and some recommendations to stick with an unplated WG I have been looking into X1, which my jeweler mentioned he offers, and the Argen 19K.

If anyone has experience with either please chime in!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if your piece is going to be cast or handmade, but here is a statement by a master ring maker regarding platinum and white gold (and he is referring to regular white gold, not one of the new alloys):

http://www.victorcanera.com/platinum-vs-gold

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results