shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to clean a channel set e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I am starting to think ahead to how best to clean my e-ring once it arrives and he pops the question.
This is the setting:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Diamond-Channel-Set--0-50ctw-_620.htm

And my diamond is 1.24ct in a 4 prong setting

What is the safest and most effective way to clean this? I was thinking about buying a Sharper Image US but don''t want to risk the melee falling out during the cleaning? Is a steamer good enough? I want to keep it REALLY clean.

And finally, what if any suggestions do you all have for me as far as inspecting the setting and making sure everything is "perfect" when it arrives?

Thanks everyone,
hikerchick

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring is also 4 prongs, and my future wedding band (yes I have it already, and I sometimes wear it with my e-ring as per my bf even though I''m not married yet) is chanel setting... I have an US but I prefer use Gemcare to clean my rings these days.... It''s just easier for me to put my ring in the Gemcare diamond cleaner when I take a shower...

Here''s the website..

http://store.gemcarejewelrycleaners.com/

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Hikerchick, my ring is very similar except I have princess cut channel stones and I use my SI US all the time without any problems!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would ask WF what they recommend for cleaning that setting. I prefer a soft toothbrush with dawn or ammonia. Many others love their USs.

To inspect, I recommend picking up a cheap loupe from Ebay. It''s always nice to have one.

etienneperret

Rough_Rock
From the picture you link to, you should be able to use either an ultra-sonic cleaner or steam cleaner to clean your ring. Most jewelers will do this for free. If you can afford a cleaner for home after what you paid for your wonderful ring it will serve you well. It is amazing what you can think of cleaning in an ultra-sonic cleaaner once you have one. If the diamonds do not stay in the ring, there is deffinitely something wrong with the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results