shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Value on James Allen

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening PSers! I'm looking for a best value RB from James Allen. Budget is 3,750 for the center round diamond only. The finger size is 8.5 so I'm hoping to maximize face up size while still have an acceptable cut (we do not need absolute perfection here, face up size is preferable, 60/60 stones welcome). Eye clean, white enough to normal non-diamond people. The setting is the petite pave, so we don't need to worry about it competing with whiter side stones. My friend needs to purchase before their sale ends. All suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance!

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Is there a size or color range he is looking for?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're going for best for budget, biggest size with acceptable cut, eye clean, I/J/ maybe K to maximize size.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
well since most everyone here is a cut nut LOL! I'm not sure what else would be considered acceptable :mrgreen:

Is the recipient ok with K or even J color? I ask because I just helped someone look for a diamond and she was not, we found an H :)

I found this https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-k-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-2660301

Also does it have to be JA? I had ID Jewelry find one and he did an amazing job finding an H VS2

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would recommend a simple 3 stone. I'm a 10 ans that is the key to making stones look bigger since you get more covrrage.
SKU 17929W14
14K White Gold Three Stone Diamond Engagement Ring With Scroll Undergallery
Price $1,230

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There seem to be many 1 carat SI2 ... of which barely one seemed clean & had other details keeping me from linking. However, most RBC seem quite deep - cca 63% & beyond, so 1 carat is 6.2mm now. This spread is feasible among .9 cts with 60% depth, quite easily & there is a range of grades (75 RBC to choose from). [ @Asscherhalo_lover - yuo seem to have looked among these .9s !]

One example: 6.3 mm, I / VS, HCA 2.6

Else, Asscherhalo_lover 's find is very close to the straightforward options I came accross too - e.g.

.9 J/VS 6.2mm HCA 1.1

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 ct. J/SI1 (SB) HCA 1 6.6mm

T
hese are all 6.2 mm - with small variations of < They are speadier stones than the current H&A labels:

.9ct I/VS2 HCA 1.6

.9ct I/VVS (SB) HCA 1.3

.9ct I/VS2 HCA 1.6

I am intrigued by the I/VVS (SB) - the VVS part seems to be a sort of extra ...

Then, I pushed colour & clarity apart & found two colourless options - still .9ct & 6.2mm:

.9ct F/SI1 HCA 1.2
- this is my choice among all

& it has a 'SB' twin:

.9ct F/SI1 HCA HCA 1.7

___
Reminded of the good old days of Pricescope, @rockysalamander , when perhaps a thrid of posts were like this ! ,-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results