shape
carat
color
clarity

Best ultrasonic cleaner

Q

Queenie60

Received my Magnasonic today! Cleaned some of my bling with a little dawn, then put in clean water for a rinse. Sparkles galore! Thank you Pinto for the recommendation.

Q

Queenie60

One question at those of you who have one - do you use hot water or regular, room temp tap water?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One question at those of you who have one - do you use hot water or regular, room temp tap water?
I've been using warmish hot water plus dawn or cleaning solution. Its really helped my gypsy-set wedding band. The holes under the diamonds tend to get really filled with gunk. Things I wish I knew when I choose it so long ago!

Edited to add. I then dump some alcohol on my platinum ring to drive off the water from within those tiny holes.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use warm water.

I did knock a diamond out of an Etsy cheap diamond miligrain band, so do be careful with less quality items. I have to pay $25.00 now to get it replaced.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the same one Pinto has a few years ago. I use it almost every day and love it!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use cool water because I wash my jewelry with my Invisalign:oops:. I put in a tiny bit of regular shampoo, dish soap or hand soap. I dump out the soapy water after the first wash cycle and then do two more shorter cycles with plain water.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My magnasonic arrives tomorrow! Are you ladies still loving it?! I love my Jewel Jet, but it doesn’t work as well for my middle band in my avatar (diamond/sapph). I want to see those blue sparkles like it’s new again!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My magnasonic arrives tomorrow! Are you ladies still loving it?! I love my Jewel Jet, but it doesn’t work as well for my middle band in my avatar (diamond/sapph). I want to see those blue sparkles like it’s new again!

I just got finished using mine!!! Love it.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got finished using mine!!! Love it.
Amazon says it was delivered, and it wasn’t. :doh: So I reported the problem and now I wait... I paid extra for one-day delivery and now I’m annoyed. But it will eventually get here!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon says it was delivered, and it wasn’t. :doh: So I reported the problem and now I wait... I paid extra for one-day delivery and now I’m annoyed. But it will eventually get here!

Same thing happened with my chewy package. It better show up on monday.

Q

Queenie60

Yes, still love it and use it almost daily. Keeps my bling nice and shiny and sparkly

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Had to reorder after a shipping snafu, but it’s here! Pics to come!

64060214-B459-44B8-B2DE-ACFD542ECBC1.jpeg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Eeeewwwww!! Look at this nasty ring of gunk that was inside one of my bezels! :sick: How disgusting! I clean my rings once or twice daily with the ordinary soak and brush method. This came out after the first round of cleaning with hot water and Dawn. The lighting is bad this afternoon, but I am so happy with how my rings look IRL! Pics don’t show that magic glittery shine! :appl:

AFB47F8F-DD73-4A37-B7E5-0DEC4532AF11.jpeg 9B6807AB-51A9-47D0-B660-BA9CED79F88A.jpeg 17A1570A-6EF3-4264-B075-1193C55859C4.jpeg

Last edited:

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for this thread. I bought the Magnasonic Pro a week ago and it is freaking awesome! :dance:For those who use it to clean other things (like invisalign) -- how do you sterilize it?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one of the Magnasonic cleaners too and LOVE it! I’ve cleaned everything I owned today (it arrived yesterday). Nothing has looked this good since they were new.

I pick up my Invisalign in a couple of weeks, so I’m curious about sterilizing too.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it so much I bought 4: 3 for me and one for my SIL. I told my friend about it and she bought one and loved it so much, gave one to each of her female relatives for Christmas :D

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been using Speedbrite and like it a lot. Gives a super shine.

This makes me ask... what is the best way to clean an emerald? Is Speedbrite not good for an emerald?

Any expert opinions out there?
Thank you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one of the Magnasonic cleaners too and LOVE it! I’ve cleaned everything I owned today (it arrived yesterday). Nothing has looked this good since they were new.

I pick up my Invisalign in a couple of weeks, so I’m curious about sterilizing too.
Every morning I pop my Invisalign into my magnasonic with tap water and a drop of regular shampoo, handsoap or dish soap and run it for 480s. I dump out the water then refill with more tap and run at 180s. It can still be mildly sudsy. Last cycle dump and fresh tap at 90s. Dump and rinse under faucet. It will be clear and sparkling.

Brushing made it clouded and never as clean.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Ha, ha, I found this thread yesterday while searching for a recommendation on an US cleaner. I do have a jewel jet steamer but it's not as good at cleaning out gunk stuck in between or under diamonds.

I used the link provided by @PintoBean and ordered yesterday morning. Got same day delivery and by 8pm it was delivered to my door. I gave it a test run on hubby's ring because his ring is the hardest to clean with channel set diamonds inset on the band.

Some warm water, couple drops of Dawn, 2 cycles (changing out the water/Dawn between cycles) and blam! It looked brand new. I should have taken before/after pictures. :doh:

I wonder though, does anyone use both US and steamer? Or would that be overkill? I have to say the steamer gets quite a nice sparkle on diamonds.

Anyway, thank you for the recommendation!! Can't wait to play with it more this weekend and have a spa day for my jewels. :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, ha, I found this thread yesterday while searching for a recommendation on an US cleaner. I do have a jewel jet steamer but it's not as good at cleaning out gunk stuck in between or under diamonds.

I used the link provided by @PintoBean and ordered yesterday morning. Got same day delivery and by 8pm it was delivered to my door. I gave it a test run on hubby's ring because his ring is the hardest to clean with channel set diamonds inset on the band.

Some warm water, couple drops of Dawn, 2 cycles (changing out the water/Dawn between cycles) and blam! It looked brand new. I should have taken before/after pictures. :doh:

I wonder though, does anyone use both US and steamer? Or would that be overkill? I have to say the steamer gets quite a nice sparkle on diamonds.

Anyway, thank you for the recommendation!! Can't wait to play with it more this weekend and have a spa day for my jewels. :dance:
I think it's great and effortless if you use it regularly. The Jewel jet... I had to make a bed of towels on the table and be where the table wa over a rug... bc sometimes the blast would surprise me and things would fly Bahahaha. I'm ready to fire sale mine bahahhaha. I even bought the extended tongs from Kassoy to use with it. Doesn't matter it just scared the crap out of me. Oh yeah, I also bought a gallon of distilled water to use with it and the gallon ended up developing a slow leak over time and one day I was like, hmmmm why is there water in the closet? Jimminy cricket the distilled water is only half in the container!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I haven't seen this company mentioned in the thread. They have a variety of ultrasonics and steam cleaners.
https://blitzinc.myshopify.com/collections/jewelry-cleaning-machines

The one/two punch of ultrasonic and steam is the optimal method of really getting a pro level clean. A good maintenance regime would be regular ultrasonic and occasional steam. For the steam to be fully effective the dirt and film must be loosened up. The ultrasonic does that, but does not always get all the dirt off. The steam takes care of the residual.

This one looks pretty cool - both ultrasonic and steam in one machine:
https://blitzinc.myshopify.com/coll...emoro-ultraspa-combination-ultrasonic-steamer

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen this company mentioned in the thread. They have a variety of ultrasonics and steam cleaners.

The one/two punch of ultrasonic and steam is the optimal method of really getting a pro level clean. A good maintenance regime would be regular ultrasonic and occasional steam. For the steam to be fully effective the dirt and film must be loosened up. The ultrasonic does that, but does not always get all the dirt off. The steam takes care of the residual.

https://blitzinc.myshopify.com/coll...emoro-ultraspa-combination-ultrasonic-steamer

Do you rinse or dry or anything after a steam?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Does it play music if you drop coins in it?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There should be no need to rinse after steam. The steam actually serves as a hot power rinse. If the steamer is in good operating condition, and you are using good technique, the heat of the vapor tends to cause the water from the steam to evaporate quickly. In our shop we just put down on absorbent paper for a few minutes after steam.

You want to use distilled water in the steamer to avoid any mineral residue from the water.

Note: bottled water called "Spring" water, is NOT pure water and does contain minerals. You want to use distilled or reverse osmosis filtered water.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There should be no need to rinse after steam. The steam actually serves as a hot power rinse. If the steamer is in good operating condition, and you are using good technique, the heat of the vapor tends to cause the water from the steam to evaporate quickly. In our shop we just put down on absorbent paper for a few minutes after steam.

You want to use distilled water in the steamer to avoid any mineral residue from the water.

Note: bottled water called "Spring" water, is NOT pure water and does contain minerals. You want to use distilled or reverse osmosis filtered water.

Thanks!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results