shape
carat
color
clarity

Best ultrasonic cleaner

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the market for a diamond cleaner. Can anyone pass me some brand names and models to look at?

@Matata you mentioned one in a post. Do you recommend it?

(I know I can't put micropave in it)

Thanks in advance!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this one. I clean my Invisalign and jewelry in it with cold water and a drop of any regular detergent - hand soap, shampoo, dish soap lololol. Dump out soapy water add water run again. Dump out and run a third time. That's just my routine. I love the timer and auto shut off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007...ic+cleaner&dpPl=1&dpID=41QxD1i5DkL&ref=plSrch

Thanks for linking it... I am going to check it now.

ETA: I wasn't expecting it to be so inexpensive. I may buy one for each house, but will wait to see if other brands are mentioned for comparison.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't remember which it was. I have a Jewel Jet -- steamer not ultrasonic.
I will google. Steam would work with micropave, correct?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct assuming the ring is well made. I had a poorly made sapphire ring with micropave and the steamer knocked the stones loose. I had the ring remade twice and when it was done properly, the steamer had no effect on the stones other than to make them sparkle.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more ques: are cleaners better than dawn and soft brush? I'm also in a getting rid of junk phase, so am reluctant to bring another item in. But I will if it is worth it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
are cleaners better than dawn and soft brush?
I think it depends on the setting. For my spinel which isn't intricate and doesn't have a lot of hidey holes for gunk, dawn and a soft brush does a good job; however the melee diamonds are sparklier after using the JJ. For my AVC setting with its nooks and crannies, nothing gets it as clean as the Jewel Jet.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on the setting. For my spinel which isn't intricate and doesn't have a lot of hidey holes for gunk, dawn and a soft brush does a good job; however the melee diamonds are sparklier after using the JJ. For my AVC setting with its nooks and crannies, nothing gets it as clean as the Jewel Jet.

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
q78x.jpg
Don't buy a cheap plastic US cleaner that is made in China. Buy one that is made in the U.S. or Europe b/c they don't cost that much more and will last forever. Mine is made by Gem-Oro.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon has been out of stock on JJ for years.:cry2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon has been out of stock on JJ for years.:cry2:
If I make it to AZ I'll give you mine! I have the red one. I can't handle the steam lololol. It scares me and I end up jumping.

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Question - does an ultrasonic cleaner make the rhodium playing on 18k white gold come off faster?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick note about putting micropave in an ultrasonic, as I know it's typically thought of as a no-no. I specifically asked David Wolf if putting my ring in an ultrasonic machine once a week would be okay and he said yes. I asked how often he recommended getting the prongs checked to make sure the melee was still in there tightly and he said "about as often as you go to the dentist".

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just a quick note about putting micropave in an ultrasonic, as I know it's typically thought of as a no-no. I specifically asked David Wolf if putting my ring in an ultrasonic machine once a week would be okay and he said yes. I asked how often he recommended getting the prongs checked to make sure the melee was still in there tightly and he said "about as often as you go to the dentist".

Thank you for posting. I'd seen a couple times on PS, vendors say that certain types of pave were fine in an US (but not daily obviously). My ring has a bit of pave (or bead set, idk if that's the same thing) and nothing gets it cleaner than an US but I've been terrified about putting it in there. This gives me confidence to clean my ring.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cayie said I can. Thanks for bringing that up @ILikeShiny
She said I can put it on once an hour if I wanted. :appl:

(I hope you are loving your ring)

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought the one @PintoBean recommended. Thanks!

I have the same as Pinto, and it's great. You'll love it. I use a couple capfuls of Blitz Gem &a Jewelry cleaner in it with hot water, and it does an amazing job. I haven't tried other detergents yet; I got the Blitz in the first place because it was recommended by a jeweler.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean I love love love it! It is small and powerful! Thanks again!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions

Q

Queenie60

@PintoBean I love love love it! It is small and powerful! Thanks again!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions
Thank you Pinto and Whitewave. I just ordered mine and can't wait. I have a "frontgate" model and it doesn't do the job. Can't wait to junk that one!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1783.JPG

I'm obsessed. Everything is getting cleaned!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1783.JPG

I'm obsessed. Everything is getting cleaned!
I bought the same one and I'm also obsessed. I've cleaned all my stuff, so started on non-jewelry. I don't think DH's eye-glasses have ever been so clean...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the same one and I'm also obsessed. I've cleaned all my stuff, so started on non-jewelry. I don't think DH's eye-glasses have ever been so clean...

I cleaned my housekeeper's ring and glasses today. You should have seen how dirrty that water was!!!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cleaned my housekeeper's ring and glasses today. You should have seen how dirrty that water was!!!
I can imagine. Even with frequent cleaning, my daily rings + DH's wedding band left the water pretty icky. I did not have time at work today, but I'm going to examine my rings under my work 40x scope to see if they are really clean or not without adding any detergent/cleaner to the water. I'll tell you what I see next week.:mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results