shape
carat
color
clarity

Best smaller emerald cut moissanite?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any recent purchases of smaller emerald cut moissanites from places you’d recommend? I’m thinking 7x5 and affordable. I’m really thinking of recreating a Berricle ring that I’m slightly obsessed with. Or at least something similar as I’m loving the emerald cut!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another EC lover here, in diamonds and in certain CSs.

Following this, however, I do not intend to get a Moissy in EC, as I love my EC diamonds (one small for daily wear, and a bigger one for more formal occasions) and do not intend to have more.

However, I may, just may, consider getting a 3-stone with step cut traps as side stones.

The rings at Berricle, although stunning, do not suit me as I would only have bezel-set stones. However, I could be persuaded to change my mind, as the stones and rings are more easily replacable financially. :bigsmile:

DK :))

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @dk168! The Berricle one I have has small rounds and I am a huge fan of three stones and would consider any side stone shape; I have a few three stones and love them! I am definitely a smaller stone gal and get the right amount of bling from the smaller three stones and five stones.

I switch out my wedding rings based on my mood and outfit so I don’t want to invest in diamonds for occasional wear. Berricle is great since it’s so cheap to try something new! I love the one I just got enough to want to invest in something like it that will last longer.

Should I need EC advise, I know who to come to!:)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert on ECs, there are other PSers who are far more knowledgeable than me!

Moissy are great, so are the likes of Berricle. I would probably get more non-ring items from Berricle in future as they are fun and affordable.

I like it to know that there are quite a few PSers who would mix real diamonds and CSs with lab and imitation varieties, largely, IMHO, thanks to the introduction of the FFJ sub-section in PS.

DK :))

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @dk168! The Berricle one I have has small rounds and I am a huge fan of three stones and would consider any side stone shape; I have a few three stones and love them! I am definitely a smaller stone gal and get the right amount of bling from the smaller three stones and five stones.

I switch out my wedding rings based on my mood and outfit so I don’t want to invest in diamonds for occasional wear. Berricle is great since it’s so cheap to try something new! I love the one I just got enough to want to invest in something like it that will last longer.

Should I need EC advise, I know who to come to!:)

I was going to say to save a little more and get the 1 carat emerald cut necklace from Lightbox but of course it is already gone. I wanted to do a 3 stone with a 1 carat center and two smaller sides or a daintier E/W setting. It is sold out already now...

DCA884ED-2917-4757-B7FD-DE22D9367FEB.jpeg

I would probably go for one from Tianyu. I think in the size that you are after, it will be very affordable and it cuts down on the double refraction. You can even do some lab diamonds in a bezel on each side. Someone recently did that with it set East/West and I wasn’t sure about it but I actually think it worked.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was going to say to save a little more and get the 1 carat emerald cut necklace from Lightbox but of course it is already gone. I wanted to do a 3 stone with a 1 carat center and two smaller sides or a daintier E/W setting. It is sold out already now...

DCA884ED-2917-4757-B7FD-DE22D9367FEB.jpeg

I would probably go for one from Tianyu. I think in the size that you are after, it will be very affordable and it cuts down on the double refraction. You can even do some lab diamonds in a bezel on each side. Someone recently did that with it set East/West and I wasn’t sure about it but I actually think it worked.

Lightbox would have been a great idea!

I’ve ordered from Tianyu before and am comfortable with that. I may reach out for a price. Thanks!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my moissy August vintage emerald. They are pricey for moissy but the antique cut is amazing and he has sales now and then on them if you keep an eye out.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Lightbox would have been a great idea!

I’ve ordered from Tianyu before and am comfortable with that. I may reach out for a price. Thanks!

They are off for Chinese New Year until the 8th or 9th.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FYI - For Tianyu to make this ring, I received this estimate. No CAD so just a rough estimate.

Platinum 950 ring , US size 5-6 , Platinum weight: about 5grams ,Center moissanite:5*7mm emerald cut best def color vvs clarity excellent cut Sidestones: 3mm round def lab diamonds of 2 pieces , Factory price roughly estimate:$671

Attachments

• EE80157A-F332-42CE-B178-E1C5750C7B13.jpeg
    EE80157A-F332-42CE-B178-E1C5750C7B13.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 41

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To add - posted rough quote just for informational purposes and ballpark amount. Metal prices fluctuate a lot so your mileage may vary!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have decided to move forward with a Tianyu three stone - 7x5 mm with traps (size TBD) on a size 4.5 finger - left hand is a 4 but I want to be able to wear it on both. I switch out rings too much to pay the extra for platinum (and usually wear just a band). I actually purchased a preloved asscher ring with pave and hate the pave as a halo and on the shank. So pretty but not my style at all. I’m returning it and will pick this up instead, which I think I’ll like much better and which will be much cheaper anyway. I’m really into clean lines. It did make me realize how much I love step cuts, though. I also realized that I like plain shanks but like to pair them with a diamond wedding band. Who knew.

I have a couple of diamond bands which I hope go with this emerald but if not, I’ll look for another. I have a skinny pave one and a wider half channel one but I really want a full eternity and may sell that and pick up something different. I think I’ll go diamond preloved instead of moissy for a band if I don’t have anything that works.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results