shape
carat
color
clarity

"Best" setting for Princess Cut Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaje77

Rough_Rock
Neophite question again.

My soon to be fiancee is a nurse and should avoid a diamond that has a high mount. I am having trouble finding semi-mounts.

She likes white gold and the princess cut the best.

Any suggestions from those who know much more than I?

Thanks!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I suggest window/magazine shopping with her to see what kinds of settings she likes. Since she''s a nurse, she probably wants something that won''t snag and that she can put latex gloves on and off with ease. Maybe you should look at some semi bezel set rings. Here''s a picture of one with a round center, but you should be able to find lots of semi bezels for princess stones. Also, look at the Show Me the Ring forum for lots of pictures and ideas. Obvioulsy, nothing is better than actually asking your soon-to-be fiancee what she''s looking for. I bet she has a pretty good idea.

Good luck

baroni-diamond-engagement-ring-setting-4.jpg

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
you could do a nice bezel setting-it definately won''t snag on gloves etc.

You could also do a custom setting where the diamond is in the band...

You could also try a normal setting from wf and have it modified or customized so the diamond sits very low.

Also try searching the forums for low settings or bezel settings, that should give you a lot of ideas :)

just a few ideas

lillei

Rough_Rock
I have a princess diamond solitaire e-ring that is set in white gold and am also a nurse on a busy cardiac unit. I wear my e-ring faithfully every day through hundreds of pairs of gloves and have never had a problem with them ripping. My FI did take my career into consideration when buying the ring; he bought a sturdy, HEAVY, cathedral set mounting, that almost looks like the lucida tiffany setting from the top view.

Honestly, I work with other nurses who have higher settings, and have never heard a complaint about their gloves ripping. The only situation in which I hear the other nurses complaining about not wearing their e-rings, is when their FI has bought them a setting that is too delicate, or one in which the stone that is too exposed. I personally love the tension setting, but don''t think that it is realistically appropriate for a nurse. While that setting will surely nix any chances of scratching someone with the ring, IMO, leaves the stone way too exposed for everyday bumps and bangs that nurses go through....especially in a princess cut which is already vulnerable to begin with.

Unless your future FI absolutely loves pave settings or super delicate rings, I would completely stay away from those types, as her job could easily damage the form of the ring.

I hope this info helped a bit. I''m attaching a thread with a pic of my ring if you wanted to take a peek. Good luck!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-got-mine-posted.41539/=

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure This is everyone's piece of pie, but if it happens to me the right style, the ring looks like a great example of the species
30.gif

Everyone seems to like Ritani's bezels these days!

05QQ13.jpg
picture from Pearlman's

And a low-set solitaire can't hurt, can it:

tmb_small_0654-011.jpg.jpg
tmb_small_0654-008.jpg.jpg
from Whiteflash

There is allot ore out there, sure that... Any idea what the receiver might prefer?
2.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 9:39:13 AM
Author: valeria101

Not sure This is everyone''s piece of pie, but if it happens to me the right style, the ring looks like a great example of the species
30.gif

Everyone seems to like Ritani''s bezels these days!

05QQ13.jpg
picture from Pearlman''s

And a low-set solitaire can''t hurt, can it:

tmb_small_0654-011.jpg.jpg
tmb_small_0654-008.jpg.jpg
from Whiteflash

There is allot ore out there, sure that... Any idea what the receiver might prefer?
2.gif
I have the WF setting that Ana posted above. It sits fairly low, and I have yet to catch it on anything.

Kaje77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice! Nothing like ring advise for a nurse from a nurse! Also, I liked that WF x setting. I would have to ask for it to be set low, correct?

KJ

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ll add another nurse opinion here.
2.gif

i like both of the settings that ana posted. i am especially partial to the w-prong settings from wf, i think they are beautiful. you don''t have to specify that the stone be low set, they are by nature of the design, quite low. the flowing smoothness of the band and prongs is not something easy to find for princess cuts. i think it would be a really nice choice.

best of luck with your decision!

Kaje77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the second opinioin! :)

I like the W-Prong setting as well, but am having trouble finding it on their website. Is that a special design? Anyone have a link to it?

Thanks!
KJ

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
W prong
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg
X Prong

/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i would also recommend browsing styles with your gf to see what she likes.

personally for me, I adore a princess stone in the X prong setting, and even better when there are 3 or 4 channel set princess side stones along the shank.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results