shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my e-ring--Gelin Abaci TR-105

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
I just got my e-ring, I''m pretty excited about it, I think it came out quite well. I was not expecting the side sapphires to be as nicely cut as they were. Crappy pictures because it''s dark in my place and she could be home any minute, I have to hide it! I am excited to see it in natural light--it looks relatively sparkly but I can''t really tell until I get it out in the open and am able to compare it to other''s stones.

Anyway, the specs for the diamond are here
.91 carat
F, VS1
Table 72
Depth 68
girdle is slightly thick
good symmetry and polish

I had two lavender purple sapphires mounted instead of diamonds and had it all high polished finish instead of an odd two tone thing that G+A does on their stock ring.

Finally, everyone I worked with was fantastic, much better than the slimy pushy jewelers (independent and otherwise) I talked to in person--Whiteflash for the diamond was great, even for a smaller purchase than some people make here on PS, Dave Atlas''s company for the appraisal worked out quite well and Micky Roof jewelers for the G+A ring. I cannot recommend Micky Roof enough if you''re going to get a G+A setting. Their prices are decent and their staff bent over backwards to answer my questions over a long period of time when they weren''t necessarily sure I was anything but a bozo blowing smoke on the internet--HIGHLY recommended.

That''s about it, PS helped me so much through this process. PMing Researcher gave me a little push at just the right time to keep trying to get a new stone from WF and pass on one, so special thanks there.

IMG_1061.jpg

Garysax

Shiny_Rock

Number 2.jpg

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Finally #3. I'll try to take better pictures of it, but I think you guys get the idea... oh, and just noticing that they're all from the same side. Obviously there's another identical purple sapphire on the other side.

GA 3.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garysax, WOW
30.gif
36.gif
! I think your ring is beautiful! Very unique and sooo elegant, I love it! Great job, I''m sure she''s gonna love it!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it is very unique.
That''s a lovely princess.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the little purple sapphire''s on the sides and the princess is gorgeous..

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!. Very unique. The little sapphires add a very nice touch.
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, she''s going to love that. It''s beautiful. Congrats on a great choice.

shay

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, great job!!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
I had some buyers remorse with this one--I wish I had gotten princess sapphires instead of rounds. I also really would like to buy a new ring box, maybe a wooden one instead of the ugly green one.

Also, I think I''m paranoid, but the stone looks yellow to me in the top picture, even with the F...

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
So very unique! I love the purple sapphires, beautiful ring.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
That's beautiful!

Look forward to seeing some hand pictures!

Blod

Are you going to have a custom band made too?

yankbvi

Rough_Rock
Love that ring!!! Very Unique and contemporary. The purple sapphires are awesome!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
It''s so unique, very nice job she''ll love it!
face6.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You have put together a gorgeous and special ring for your fiance! Trust me when she sees that ring she won''t even notice the green box!!!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 5:51:58 AM
Author: blodthecat
That''s beautiful!

Look forward to seeing some hand pictures!

Blod

Are you going to have a custom band made too?

I would really like to have a custom band made to fit nicely with the odd shape of the bypass--I think it would be possible though a little difficult. Someone here had a picture with a band that had sort of a notch in it to fit flush on the side of an oddly angled e-ring. I''d like to do that but there are the sapphires to think about, don''t want to cover or damage them.

That is something I''d be interested in, actually--anybody have any thoughts on a band or how I might be able to custom something for this ring? I''d probably try to continue the diamonds-purple sapphire theme going on here for consistency--or do you think a diamond only band would be preferable?

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 7:54:01 PM
Author: Garysax
Finally #3. I''ll try to take better pictures of it, but I think you guys get the idea... oh, and just noticing that they''re all from the same side. Obviously there''s another identical purple sapphire on the other side.
WOW, I think your ring is beautiful, so different, she will love it. I really like the round purple sapphire''s on the end, I think you made the right choice of both style diamonds.
35.gif

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
When you are proposing, I do not think she will be thinking about the green box:))

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 12:08:12 AM
I had some buyers remorse with this one--I wish I had gotten princess sapphires instead of rounds. I also really would like to buy a new ring box, maybe a wooden one instead of the ugly green one.

Also, I think I''m paranoid, but the stone looks yellow to me in the top picture, even with the F...
It''s reflecting the color from the silly stuffed animal tail you put it on. Silly Gary, there''s no color in an F.
2.gif

shay

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 6:38:07 PM
Author: Shay37
Date: 3/9/2006 12:08:12 AM

It''s reflecting the color from the silly stuffed animal tail you put it on. Silly Gary, there''s no color in an F.
2.gif

shay

Yeah, you''re probably right... it''s tough to be so picky about diamonds.
9.gif

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
I gave her the ring this evening. Everything was perfect, I gave it to her at the university quad we both went to (I still do, getting my PHD). It was during the evening during spring break so it was totally deserted, completely silent, a little chilly and all the lights on in the buildings and along the sidewalks which really made the whole thing lovely. She had NO idea it was coming, she thought I was going to propose this summer when we take a trip to Europe. Then, after the proposal, I surprised her by telling her we were flying to San Fran tommorow and coming back friday! It worked great, she *loved* the ring even with the very non-traditional design, just like I hoped she would. I guess I''m proof getting odd rings can work if you''re pretty sure you know what she likes! Don''t despair gentlemen!

Anyway, a few hand pics, some of them a little blurry, she would not be happy about me putting them up as she HATES how her hands look in these pictures and the fact she''s wearing a goofy orange tee shirt in a few of them in the background! hah.

Also, her first move when I told her we needed pictures of her hand w/ring (for her parents)? Color her nails the same purple as the sapphires!
3.gif

IMG_1071.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Garysax, I love it even more on her hand! Esp with the lavender nail polish, lol! You made a great choice...that ring is so unique and beautiful, and takes a very unique gal to wear it! Congratulations on your engagement, and that stunner of a ring!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Gary!!

The ring is gorgeous on her hand, and I really love how architectural and artistic it is. She is a lucky lady!

Kristy
PS - I still must insist that you take your fiancee to the Lyon Steps on a clear day or night to gape at the bay view. It is one of the most romantic places in San Francisco! DH and I have been married 5 years but we go back there every chance we get. We live about 15 minutes away. (it''s also where we took a lot of our wedding pictures)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very interesting and modern! I think that is a stand alone ring. She could always wear a wedding band on her other hand.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Garysax: What a great ring! Treat your speacial girl to a pampering manicure (and maybe pedicure too) so she won''t be selfconscious about her hands when she shows off her beautiful new ring. The design is just lovely. I''m a big fan of Gelin Abaci settings. I''ve heard (I hope I''m right) that they are a very secure setting for princess diamonds. I have an unusual shaped e-ring/wedding ring. I don''t wear a wedding band with it at all. It has a wide band, like your setting, so it''s easy to wear it as one ring that is like a e-ring and wedding ring combined. Congratulations on your engagement, beautiful diamond and great ring setting. Your fiancee has something quite special and unique there, just like your relationship, I''m sure!
9.gif

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
It looks great on her hand! Very cool and unique ring. Congrats
36.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this thread in the beginning but I have to tell you it looks great on her hand! Congratulations!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 6:16:50 PM
Author: didiamond
I missed this thread in the beginning but I have to tell you it looks great on her hand! Congratulations!!
Hi Garysax ~
emrose.gif

I missed this too. Oh my gosh ... you did a wonderful job.
36.gif

I love the mondern setting, and your diamond is beautiful! I am sure it took her breath away!
3.gif

Post more pics when you can ... it really is lovely!
9.gif

Congratulations to both of you ... may your future be blessed with much happiness, good health and lots of love!

**just a thought for a wedding band ... maybe get either a plain band to match the same flow of the design ... same thing to fit on the outside of the current band. Just not as wide.

Have a great day!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results