clarity

Best Purchase Of 2012

joyluck

Rough_Rock
This one is easy for me...

Me and the hubby's first house. =)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy--I teach English at a community college. My field is reading and literacy, and the class I'll be teaching online is a developmental reading class. I have the best job in the world. ::)

I thought the MacAir felt lighter than the iPad, too. I can't wait to use it! I write on my laptop, and it's going to be so nice to be able to carry this one with me wherever I go. I never carried my last one around because it was too large.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven, your online class sounds great. You will love having such a light weight laptop to carry around.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm ... either my breast-pump or my french-cut diamond band.

I know, the ridiculous and the sublime, one way or the other, right?

But my kiddo was born with a tongue-tie and he couldn't breast-feed directly, and it meant a lot to my husband - me, I'm not wholly convinced one way or the other about the relative merits of breast-milk vs. formula. But it's nice that I could keep the kiddo fed and my husband secure in the knowledge that he was getting his needs met. I worried that little at-home pump wouldn't fit the bill, but one year late, hey! My plug for Medela.

Otherwise, it'd be my happy accident of a french-cut band. :lol:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
YayTacori|1355717084|3333167 said:
webdiva said:
On a sentimental note, surgery for my dog that cost twice my e-ring but my doggie is priceless! :) We have pet insurance so fingers crossed we get back about 80% of that. Either way, it's worth having him with me for years to come!

I also love my new iPad! :) so much fun! And iPhone 5.
Oh yay! That's way better than anything I got for 2012!!! My baby is hurting right now... Her hips, there's something wrong and I would give anything to make sure she never feels any pain. I'm sooo glad your doggie is better!

Thank you Haven and YayTacori! :) He's still recovering and has three incision sites that are healing but he's on pain meds and doing well. Finally go the appetite back! :) Definitely recommend pet insurance !

So sorry your baby is not feeling good, YayTacori. :( Do you know what is wrong? I know many people have had success with acupuncture and laser treatments for their dogs when everything else wasn't working. Paws crossed for you and your doggie!

And back on topic - I also love my new rose gold ipad cover from Target ($29!) that Hubby got me for Xmas! Yay!

D

Deactivated member 42515

webdiva said:
YayTacori|1355717084|3333167 said:
webdiva said:
On a sentimental note, surgery for my dog that cost twice my e-ring but my doggie is priceless! :) We have pet insurance so fingers crossed we get back about 80% of that. Either way, it's worth having him with me for years to come!

Oh yay! That's way better than anything I got for 2012!!! My baby is hurting right now... Her hips, there's something wrong and I would give anything to make sure she never feels any pain. I'm sooo glad your doggie is better!

Thank you Haven and YayTacori! :) He's still recovering and has three incision sites that are healing but he's on pain meds and doing well. Finally go the appetite back! :) Definitely recommend pet insurance !

So sorry your baby is not feeling good, YayTacori. :( Do you know what is wrong? I know many people have had success with acupuncture and laser treatments for their dogs when everything else wasn't working. Paws crossed for you and your doggie!

And back on topic - I also love my new rose gold ipad cover from Target ($29!) that Hubby got me for Xmas! Yay!
Her vet has mentioned a couple times about her hips being weak. Not that she has hip dysplasia tho. She never recommended anything to me. So I researched and started to give her some glucosamine and MSM. She also lost some weight and started to feel better and all of a sudden, starting Friday, she can't walk. She's better now. Still limping. I'm gonna take her to a new vet. Someone who cares. There is a holistic/chiropractor vet here. I was gonna try taking her there. I was gonna make a thread asking people advice about it. I'm just worried about her. I wish she could talk and tell me what happened. Because we don't have stairs, she doesn't jump up and down from anything...

I'm really glad your baby has got his appetite back tho! That means a lot!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The O.G bag from Lo and Sons. I travel often and also have to carry a laptop and files to work everyday, and this bag fits the bill! It's light, sleek and helps keep my stuff organized.

og_armygreen_features_783x485.jpg

I tend to prefer leather because it looks a little more professional but my shoulders and petite frame just can't handle another 4 pounds of extra weight if I went with a leather briefcase.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Best thing? Hmmmm.

For bring, my new e-ring. I got a deal that was too good to be true.

For all other things, the pomegranate facial oil from john masters organics. It does miracle to my dry skin.

My husband got the new mac book air like some of you. It's very light and I'm soooo jealous!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1355713438|3333131 said:
My upgrade(s)! :-o :halo:
I was paging you somewhere else; I am dying to hear about this!!! :Up_to_something:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1355773507|3333572 said:
I was paging you somewhere else; I am dying to hear about this!!! :Up_to_something:

I'm hoping to get it set this week-I'll head over there as soon as I can! :halo:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My fabulous car :bigsmile: I loves it. :love:

But I do still like our Sodastream, even if it was purchased in late 2011. We never buy soda anymore, and the diet stuff tastes SOOOO much better than store stuff. It's on sale at Costco for $79, plus I got a coupon in the mail for $20 off a system, but everyone I know already has one.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
For bling related it is the diamond eternity band that I bought pre-loved (thank you laura!) that is now part of my wedding set. I had been looking for a pave band forever but didn't want to pay the 2-3k pricing!

For not bling related my favorite purchase was our new Krupps coffee/ espresso maker! We broke our coffee maker over the summer so after 4 months we finally got around to replacing it! :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1355775449|3333600 said:
Skippy|1355773507|3333572 said:

I'm hoping to get it set this week-I'll head over there as soon as I can! :halo:

agh, I can't wait to see pics!!! :love: :love: :love: :cheeky:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dyson Animal DC41 http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuumcleaners/uprights/dc41/dc41-animal.aspx

My husband is allergic to nearly everything it seems (dust, cat dander, mold) and this seems to cut down on the dust in the flat a lot. He uses it two to three times a week. He loves the carpet cleaner which we've had for a few years and this seems like the perfect companion to it.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Rhea said:
Dyson Animal DC41 http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuumcleaners/uprights/dc41/dc41-animal.aspx

My husband is allergic to nearly everything it seems (dust, cat dander, mold) and this seems to cut down on the dust in the flat a lot. He uses it two to three times a week. He loves the carpet cleaner which we've had for a few years and this seems like the perfect companion to it.
I love Dyson! Their products and their customer service! DH and I also have a carpet cleaner, we got the commercial Rug Doctor (monster of a machine) and the combo is awesome! Especially because the fur babies love to track in mud!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My rolling mill. It is far from the best but it meets most of my needs. It has changed the way I work.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lady D I got one of those too, though I think it was last year. I got a Durston C100 minimill. If I ever get around to bolting it to the worktable it will be much more useful, but I have gotten quite a bit of joy from it already!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Uhhh, this clearly ISN'T enuf info!!!! Holding out is a un-PS trait! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1355715831|3333151 said:
Just purchased.

When I was a kid all our Christmas ornaments were shattered by a move, and my dad took me shopping for all new ornaments. My favorites were these bells.

I have an ornament collection but the bells haven't fared that well. I only have 2 remaining and one of them is missing tier.

I've been looking on ebay for years hoping someone wold list one. And they did this year!! So... even though it's not here yet, by far my favorite buy of the year.

HI:

Oh so lovely! :appl:

cheers--Sahron

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1355787648|3333814 said:

HI:

Uhhh, this clearly ISN'T enuf info!!!! Holding out is a un-PS trait! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

I know I was being a tease! I'll post a thread when it's done, I promise!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
webdiva|1355716138|3333153 said:

HI:

Your critter is worth every penny! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
joyluck|1355717435|3333173 said:
This one is easy for me...

Me and the hubby's first house. =)

HI:

New homes are so much fun! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1355721590|3333207 said:
Hm ... either my breast-pump or my french-cut diamond band.

I know, the ridiculous and the sublime, one way or the other, right?

But my kiddo was born with a tongue-tie and he couldn't breast-feed directly, and it meant a lot to my husband - me, I'm not wholly convinced one way or the other about the relative merits of breast-milk vs. formula. But it's nice that I could keep the kiddo fed and my husband secure in the knowledge that he was getting his needs met. I worried that little at-home pump wouldn't fit the bill, but one year late, hey! My plug for Medela.

Otherwise, it'd be my happy accident of a french-cut band. :lol:

HI:

Hey, both are valued and have utility! I can't say that about most things I own!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1355771480|3333546 said:
The O.G bag from Lo and Sons. I travel often and also have to carry a laptop and files to work everyday, and this bag fits the bill! It's light, sleek and helps keep my stuff organized.

og_armygreen_features_783x485.jpg

I tend to prefer leather because it looks a little more professional but my shoulders and petite frame just can't handle another 4 pounds of extra weight if I went with a leather briefcase.

HI:

Smart bag; looks great too! Save that extra 4 pounds for carrying around new jewellery purchases!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sakuracherry|1355771996|3333548 said:
Best thing? Hmmmm.

For bring, my new e-ring. I got a deal that was too good to be true.

For all other things, the pomegranate facial oil from john masters organics. It does miracle to my dry skin.

My husband got the new mac book air like some of you. It's very light and I'm soooo jealous!

HI:

Congrats on the ering--and I must look up that oil. Our climate sucks the like out of our skin...

cheers--Sahron

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1355776357|3333616 said:
My fabulous car :bigsmile: I loves it. :love:

But I do still like our Sodastream, even if it was purchased in late 2011. We never buy soda anymore, and the diet stuff tastes SOOOO much better than store stuff. It's on sale at Costco for $79, plus I got a coupon in the mail for $20 off a system, but everyone I know already has one.

HI:

Does your new car have a name like DeeJay's???

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1355777000|3333629 said:
For bling related it is the diamond eternity band that I bought pre-loved (thank you laura!) that is now part of my wedding set. I had been looking for a pave band forever but didn't want to pay the 2-3k pricing!

For not bling related my favorite purchase was our new Krupps coffee/ espresso maker! We broke our coffee maker over the summer so after 4 months we finally got around to replacing it! :appl:

HI:

Isn't pre-loved a handy place?? Like you, I enjoy those tricked up coffee machines. Our Kerig is da domb.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1355779871|3333671 said:

HI:

I LOVE DYSON! DID I say I love Dyson??? :bigsmile: Gotcha.

cheers--Shaorn

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1355784218|3333761 said:
My rolling mill. It is far from the best but it meets most of my needs. It has changed the way I work.

HI:

I want to say I know exactly what you mean, when I in fact I have no idea what a rolling mill is. Do I need one?

cheers--Sharon

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today we just bought this couch and I am pretty jazzed about it:

http://www.mgbwhome.com/AVIGNON-COLLECTIONBR-available-online--P10648.aspx

It'll take like six weeks to be made and delivered so I don't know if it should really count as this year, since it's not like we have it yet, but it is really going to look great in our living room!

Bling-related: my little half-carat OEC that I scooped up off Ruby Lane. It's so cute and flashy! It gets the nod because I got it at such an awesome price. I also got a lot of awesome colored stones, but none were "deals."

Not a purchase at all: When my old car was totaled, my dad gave me his old Prius (2005) so he could buy a new one... and it's saving me around $400 a month in gas! It's definitely the gift that keeps on giving.

Lady_Disdain|1355784218|3333761 said:
VapidLapid|1355786645|3333793 said:
Oh Lady D I got one of those too, though I think it was last year. I got a Durston C100 minimill. If I ever get around to bolting it to the worktable it will be much more useful, but I have gotten quite a bit of joy from it already!

Ohhhhhhhh so jealous of both of you! I want a rolling mill so badly but they are SO expensive. The studio where I take classes has one and I love it so much - it really wildly increases the things you can do once you learn how to use it! I especially love combining it with acid etching and acid etching onto brass plates and then rolling it onto the silver (or copper). It makes such delicate, pretty patterns. And is way cheaper than buying pre-patterned sheet metal when you already have access to the mill.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results