shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place to find unusual or unique fancy cut lab grown diamonds?

Cheekygirl1977

Rough_Rock
Hi there!! I’m still learning about cuts and the nuances that go with it. One thing I do is keep going back and forth about the cut. I have always loved the step cut feel of emerald and asschers, but here’s the kicker: I love and want the sparkle of round and the elongated look of an oval. So my question(s) is this:

1. What other cuts are available that can give me all the things Im looking for. (I’ve seen the crisscut, but want to know if there are others)

2. What are your suggestions for sites or businesses that can do them at affordable prices?

Thank you in advance!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about an elongated cushion? Have you tried contacting Distinctive Gem?

Cheekygirl1977

Rough_Rock
How about an elongated cushion? Have you tried contacting Distinctive Gem?

I have seen elongated cushions and they are in the mix of possibilities! I’ll check our distinctive gems, thank you!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Check out Tycoon cuts. An LGD vendors can probably look into getting some lab stones cut this way. This is an Australian website but showcases the cut in settings nicely: http://www.tycooncut.com.au/

It's a step cut but with some diagonal facets so should provide some more sparkle. Having said that, I have an Asscher and I'm always surprised by how sparkly it is. A well cut Asscher or Emerald will be plenty blingy :D

Cheekygirl1977

Rough_Rock
Check out Tycoon cuts. An LGD vendors can probably look into getting some lab stones cut this way. This is an Australian website but showcases the cut in settings nicely: http://www.tycooncut.com.au/

It's a step cut but with some diagonal facets so should provide some more sparkle. Having said that, I have an Asscher and I'm always surprised by how sparkly it is. A well cut Asscher or Emerald will be plenty blingy :D

I LOVE asschers but hate their “spread” size versus carat weight.. I feel like they are very much a bottom heavy gorgeous shape. My like myself…

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a step cut in a MRB halo or a round with a step cut eternity?

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure what size/budget you have in mind, but Ouros has a step cut oval diamond:

Lauren B Jewelry has "hybrid" cuts of a few different flavors, and "antique" cuts, which can be square or elongated.

Cheekygirl1977

Rough_Rock
Not sure what size/budget you have in mind, but Ouros has a step cut oval diamond:

Lauren B Jewelry has "hybrid" cuts of a few different flavors, and "antique" cuts, which can be square or elongated.

I have been stalking ouros! I’ll def check out Lauren B as well. Thank you!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Ouros has some cool cuts, do you guys find their quality good?

Cheekygirl1977

Rough_Rock
How about a step cut in a MRB halo or a round with a step cut eternity?

I love the step cut/mixed cut “emeralds” and the look they have. I’m also still learning the acronyms… what does MRB stand for? Thank you!!!

Cheekygirl1977

Rough_Rock
Ouros has some cool cuts, do you guys find their quality good?

They have excellent reviews on their Etsy store but I’ve never bought from them. Maybe I’ll do a test run and take one for the team?? I mean, I’m sure I can handle the “suffering” of buying some diamonds/jewelry from there….

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the step cut/mixed cut “emeralds” and the look they have. I’m also still learning the acronyms… what does MRB stand for? Thank you!!!

MRB = modern round brilliants. You can get the step cut feel and sparkle of the rounds you like. Here’s an example, you could make the halo bigger or smaller to fit your personal taste.

424F7FA1-CF80-47B6-A3C0-11722AFDF6FC.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sure ouros had some controversy lately. To be honest I'd avoid purchasing from them .

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think with Ouros, if you're after a stone or happy to buy 'off the rack', you'll have a smooth transaction (I bought a basic ring with no issue) but they are not known for good custom work and the more complex the request, the more likely there will be issues.

I LOVE asschers but hate their “spread” size versus carat weight.. I feel like they are very much a bottom heavy gorgeous shape. My like myself…

I get you. I wanted an Asscher from day one but my first major stone purchase ended up being a 1ct marquise cut that was over 10mm long so I felt I was getting bang for buck. I then got a 2ct oval (also spready) but I couldn't shake my need for an Asscher so I found the perfect one at 1.6ct. It does face up similar to a 1ct MRB but it's so worth it. If you do consider a step cut then an emerald may suit more as you can get the length to make the stone seem more spready.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results