shape
carat
color
clarity

Best hair products for my tortured hair???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2005 11:10
6.gif
0 AM
Author: fire&ice
Yeah, Redken All Soft does calm hair.

I''m a tried and true firm believer in a product called Fermadol. You can only buy it at a beauty supply store like Sally''s. It''s a leave in conditioner. Use Netrogena shampoo w/ no added stuff before use. My hairdresser said this is the ''ultra'' conditioner they use & charge $30.00 for an application. It costs about $5.00 or so dollars to apply yourself.
This is how the kerastase is. The salon treatment is around $36, but if you buy a little pot of the stuff, you get about six treatments for the same price. It would be fun getting a pampered treatment, but this would become extrememly pricey at the recommended two times per week! I think i''d go for a facial first, which I''ve never done, but at age 32 I''m thinking it may be time to start doing these!
7.gif

Oh, and regarding the expensive dryer question. . .I do think stylists are more skilled than us laywoman are!!! lol But, this comment aside, I''ve still had some scary post-haircut styling jobs. I hate when the hairdresser cuts my hair great than poofs it all up like a boufant and I''m stuck walking around with a puffy mushroom hairdo all day!

MMM - good luck with your hair cut!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Heart Prongs-
I also can''t live without my sleek lines by matrix. I have thick course hair and that along with my Farouk Chi flat iron is FABULOUS. I will post "before" and "after" pictures tomorrow to show you just how fabulous this flat iron works. It''s the only one I''ve ever found that straightens my hair but also shines it up. It doesn''t ruin my hair. I bought mine for about 100 on Ebay and it was good money spent. I''ll grab the pictures and post tomorrow.......my hair was a DISASTER in a church photo because I couldn''t tame it.

Jaime
coincidentally, pregnant with fabulously wonderful growing hair right now LOL

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks...can''t wait to see the photos...and congrats on the pregnancy!!! klr

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I have dry color treated hair too. For deep conditioning I LOVE Aveda''s Cherry/Almond Bark conditioner. I''ve been using it for years, whenever my hair starts to feel a little abused. As for leave-ins: Phyto-therathrie''s Phyto 7 leaves your hair silky soft. Kiehl''s Creme with Silk Groom is outstanding as well.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I know this product was already mentioned, but it''s my favorite so here''s another vote for Redken''s All Soft products!! Use the shampoo and conditioner daily. Love the smell and it makes my overproceessed curly hair nice and soft!

I use John Freida''s sheer blonde styling products. My favorite''s are the "beach blonde ocean waves" styling spray, the "spun gold" shaping and highlighting balm and can''t live without the "dream cream"!!!

Another great inexpensive product line is Citrus Shine. The "anti-frizz polishing serum" and the "anti-frizz spray laminator" are very similar to some high-end lines I''ve tried. I''ve tried everything over the years to tame my curls.

For color maintenance, when my highlights are fading, I use the ARTec line. Love the lemon flower for light blonde!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Michelle!
21.gif

Please update us and let us know how your hair turned out!

Best,
Lori

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with mara that the redken extreme anti snap is awesome, my hair has felt so shiny and healthy since using it!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I SWEAR by Catwalk''s Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner. It''s ultra thick, conditions deep and has a warm oatmeal cookie scent that''s sexy. ...you know, in that oatmeal cookie kinda way. LOL

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got naturally curly hair (both a blessing and a curse - those of you sisters know what I mean). Having said that, frizzys happen in humity (also a curse of the southeast). I have had far less frizzy episodes since using an ionizer blow dryer. I swear by the thing.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yellowfan, my hair is doing fine. lol Thanks for asking. The washing every-three-day method of hair color protection hasn't worked too well!!! My head is icky now.
14.gif
lol!

F&I - which ionizer blow dryer do you have? Possibly I should invest in one of these. I don't want to spend $200 though, but would spend up to $70, I guess. Right now I have a cheap revlon dryer. . .

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Michelle, I bought the one at the costco for around 20 bucks. Does the trick for me. Conair, I think - it''s at our other home. I''ll check when I go back.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Six weeks ago when I informed my stylist that I wanted to grow out my thick thick thick curly wavy coarse hair to just above shoulder length, the blood drained from his face and he let out a groan that sounded as if someone was ramming a red hot curling iron up his nose. We've been through this together before and he knows how churlish I become throughout the grow out phase. He also claims he has to double his weightlifting workouts just to work with my hair when it's longer. In damp/humid weather it usually swells to fill the size of the room I'm in.
20.gif

Anyway, I stumbled across this thread and decided to try stuff on my own to keep it tamed as it grows mostly because Daryl the stylist claims nothing will work on my hair and I'm desperate to prove him wrong. Tonight I ordered a ceramic hair straightening iron (Overstock.com has a highly rated one on sale) and Phyto's anti-frizz line (supposedly made from all plant products -- expensive but I'm in the mood to experiment) from HairBoutique.com

Pray for Daryl. I'll let you know how the goodies work -- they'll arrive in a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results