shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Best day ever :D

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
My fiance asked me to marry him on March 22, 2014!! :love: He insisted on keeping the ring details a secret, even though I gave him some *helpful* suggestions.

Well, I couldn't be happier with what he picked! :appl: The ring is 1.3 ct RB ideal, G, VS1. The setting has 172 tiny RB stones.

He asked me to marry him while on a picnic at an arboretum just outside of town. Here are some photos from the best day ever. :)

10153740_10100406687292232_173078957_n.jpg 20140322_160245.jpg 20140322_160245_-_version_2.jpg photo_2_9.jpg photo_4_35.jpg photo_1_63.jpg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations - your ring looks beautiful up close as well as from a distance. You make a gorgeous couple!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful. I love the setting. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! :love: You two take a great picture, too! Congrats!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
congatulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ring is gorgeous!

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everybody! I couldn't be happier. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement! How exciting for both of you :appl:

Your ring is a beauty! The center stone is amazing and I love the detailing on the shank with the beautiful pave!! Please post more pics :wavey:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

You look like you're absolutely over the moon and I don't think it's just because of your beautiful ring :bigsmile:! Your fiance seems like a real sweetie and your ring is simply gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! The profile view is lovely. Congrats! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and gorgeous couple! Many congratulations and wishing you all the best in your upcoming marriage! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, what a great looking couple you are and your ring is gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! That ring smiles as beautifully as you do!

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! You both look so happy!!!!

And your ring is totally stunning!!!! Beautiful! One of my favorites that I've seen here!!! :love:

Congrats again! :appl:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1396420878|3645663 said:
Congrats on your engagement! How exciting for both of you :appl:

Your ring is a beauty! The center stone is amazing and I love the detailing on the shank with the beautiful pave!! Please post more pics :wavey:

Acinom, I will! I keep finding myself staring at it and wanting to take more pictures. Once I build up another little collection, I'll post more! :D Thanks.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Roxy|1396421529|3645667 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

You look like you're absolutely over the moon and I don't think it's just because of your beautiful ring :bigsmile:! Your fiance seems like a real sweetie and your ring is simply gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks! I couldn't be happier :bigsmile: Roxy, your anniv set is so beautiful. The center stone is so pretty and timeless. :)

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone. I am so excited to plan a wedding (especially pick out my wedding band)! :bigsmile:

....I have one tiny concern that I would only pose to my best friend and the ladies on here-- all the little stones are beautiful, but I feel like they don't look super sparkly inside (without great lighting). For example, see the last photo I posted, trying the beauty on my right hand.

The day of the proposal, we were outside and then at home and it sparkled like crazy. However, sometimes, indoors, the band looks a little dull. :confused: Could it already need a cleaning? Or are the stones just tiny and reflect less light than bigger stones? I appreciate everyone's input!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
:D Congrats to you both!!! And your ring is so amazingly dainty for have 172 little diamonds on it, it must sparkle from every angle and dazzle you all day long.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minidancer|1396453106|3645834 said:
Thanks, everyone. I am so excited to plan a wedding (especially pick out my wedding band)! :bigsmile:

....I have one tiny concern that I would only pose to my best friend and the ladies on here-- all the little stones are beautiful, but I feel like they don't look super sparkly inside (without great lighting). For example, see the last photo I posted, trying the beauty on my right hand.

The day of the proposal, we were outside and then at home and it sparkled like crazy. However, sometimes, indoors, the band looks a little dull. :confused: Could it already need a cleaning? Or are the stones just tiny and reflect less light than bigger stones? I appreciate everyone's input!

Mini, it really IS beautiful :love: Have you ever had a ring with stones set on the band before? They do need a bit more of a regular clean as they are constantly in touch with the skin from flanking fingers, so natural oils, soap, hand lotion etc. I have a full eternity & also a pave band with diamonds all around, and they need pretty much daily attention. My pear & my pink sapphire solitaires however, hardly ever look like they need cleaning, but get done anyway as I am obsessed with keeping them super sparkly. Welcome to the world of diamond scrubbing!

I would say however, if the stones sparkle like crazy in good lighting & throw off pretty colours, it will be unlikely that they are poorly cut. However, full cut diamonds in such a tiny melee size can look less sparkly due to the teeny facet size. I believe a lot of people, particularly PSers, now chose to have single cut in the melee to maximize sparkle. But seriously, don't worry. Its a beauty!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minidancer, your ring is simply stunning :love: :love: ! And you make such a lovely couple! Congratulations and may you have a long, happy and healthy life together.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You two are adorable! And I love your ring. Big congrats to you both! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! How exciting!! Your ring is fabulous - i absolutely love the setting! Great job fiance!! :appl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! You are such a cute couple!!

My ring has a halo made with Brian Gavin signature melee. They are very well cut. They sparkle beautifully in the sun and supermarket/store lighting. They don't sparkle so much in my house. I often see a little shimmer though which is pretty too.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
minidancer|1396452669|3645827 said:
Roxy|1396421529|3645667 said:

Thanks! I couldn't be happier :bigsmile: Roxy, your anniv set is so beautiful. The center stone is so pretty and timeless. :)

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for the kind words minidancer!

And don't worry about your setting, there's nothing wrong w/ your pave stones, AlexT is right, they just need cleaning.

The most subtle, microscopic "stuff" gets on our stones throughout the day, and you really don't even notice it (especially when they're well cut) until you clean them and their sparkle increases again. I'm sure you know this, but everything we do (wash hands, apply lotion, run hands through our hair, hold someone's hand, etc etc) adds a layer of "something" onto our stones, so they really need regular cleaning to perform at their best.

I clean my rings every day, and I just read a post by Kenny where he stated that he actually cleans his multiple times a day, so it's not unusual for those of us who love looking down at our hands a million times a minute to notice the slightest changes in the level of sparkle over the course of a few days LOL :D!

So no worries, you're not alone, you just want to keep them as clean as you can ;)) .

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely setting! :love: Your finace did a great job!

Congratulations on your engagement - may it be the beginning of a wonderful lifetime together.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks AlexT and Roxy, for the suggestion to clean my ring. I scrubbed my stone tonight and it made a big difference! This was my first time cleaning it after having it for almost two weeks. Oopsie. :-o

My fiance recommended just warm water and dish soap, and it seems like PSers also suggest that-- will that suffice?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleaning them the way you have is perfect. Buy yourself a baby's toothbrush - they are small & super soft, so will scrub away dirt trapped inside the setting. Many of us have ultrasonic machines, but these are a big no-no for pave stones as it can shake them loose over time. If it ever needs serious cleaning power pop it to a jeweler & they'll put it in a steamer :))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, congratulations!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, minidancer, congratulations! The two of you could not be a cuter couple! Your fiance did so very well!

My ring has lots of pave like yours and here is how I clean mine. I bought a 1/2 gallon jug of a cleaner called Caribbean Gem from Amazon (35.95 but you can buy smaller) and put it in an old jewelry cleaner jar that I got from another cleaner. I drop my rings in it when I go to bed every night and in the morning I give them a gentle scrub with a baby toothbrush and rinse them off. Sometimes I give them a quick shot with my hairdryer or just a quick rub on the towel. Good to go, easy peasy.

Enjoy your beautiful ring and the days planning your wedding. What a fun time!

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
The details are so stunning! And can I add that you have amazing hair? Haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results