shape
carat
color
clarity

Best color metal for lavender/periwinkle sapphire...

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! :kiss2: I love that blue-purple color and it is indeed a difficult one to find.

I vote rose gold. That slight contrast just makes them pop, in my opinion.

94AB5784-E4C5-48B3-96F0-90B197D3E7B0.jpeg
CA7222EE-6702-4B09-AE9A-DB2D74097D63.jpeg

LOVING the design inspos from @elle_71125!

WG is a classic, but theres just such a beautiful but subtle contrast between RG and the periwinkle color! Very romantic;-) I almost always go with a white metal color but would definitely make an exception for this color combo.

Last edited:
Nothing sells it like a picture...:mrgreen:

Though, I went out to dinner last week and the ”dessert menu” was an actual tray of desserts brought to the table. Now that was a real salesman. :drool: :lol:

Hardly any restaurants do the dessert trays anymore!
chowtimeguy.gif

LOVING the design inspos from @elle_71125!

WG is a classic, but theres just such a beautiful but subtle contrast between RG and the periwinkle color! Very romantic ;-) I almost always go with a white metal color but would definitely make an exception for this color combo.

These are my thoughts exactly!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
lol! I'll admit I was sort of hoping it was a family member who famously ruined the annual xmas card. Every year, without fail, my brother would goad me into doing just that. And I was always happy to oblige him.
cleader.gif

I wish. I sadly don't have many of my baby/kid pictures. I'm sure I had many just like it. But, here's one of my favorite pics of one of my progeny doing her dragon impression when she 'were but a wee nib'. It's in the genes, most definitely. She would be righteously scorched earth pissed if she knew I posted it, so I made it tiny, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:
043.JPG

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is one of my very favorites...

Thank you, I will try and get the ring out of the safe this weekend and post a pic to this thread. The white gold does bring out the gray tones to it, but the lavender with some gray tones was what I asked Jeff White for when I reached out to him initially.

I wish. I sadly don't have many of my baby/kid pictures. I'm sure I had many just like it. But, here's one of my favorite pics of one of my progeny doing her dragon impression when she 'were but a wee nib'. It's in the genes, most definitely. She would be righteously scorched earth pissed if she knew I posted it, so I made it tiny, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:
043.JPG

OMG I love her!!
bighug5.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’s also a big difference in the color of 18 karat rose gold versus other karat alloys. I find 18 karat rose is a lot more subtle than the super coppery look of 10k and even some 14k alloys.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I vote peach gold followed by an 18k rose. I prefer a subtler contrast with the gold and not direct contrast. White gold should be ok, too, but a little one-note for my taste.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Plot twist:

Opposite to purple is yellow not orange so rose gold is not really the most contrasting (complementary) colour, yellow gold is. They (rose/peach gold and periwinkle) go well together due to the fact that both contain some red.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
043.JPG

Well, I blew the picture up and that is one "Don't mess with me" little girl!
Your avatar is far more deferential in appearance; her Peter Pan collar hints at my generation. BTW, you can never change Spirit Girl. She is beloved by all.

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
I started to post the other day but keep getting distracted. My first thought was white gold, but I came across some of the same inspiration photos that others have shared, and I’m really loving the rose gold. I think it would be the perfect compliment to your gorgeous stone!

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I don't post much anymore, so pay no attention to me, but I do not care for rose gold. It reminds me of what you see with cheap costume jewelry, but that's just me. About 30 years ago my hubby bought me a ruby ring that was set in rose gold. I didn't know it was rose gold until years later when I discovered PriceScope and learned that rose gold even existed. I finally realized why it was never one of my favorite rings. My preference is 18k yellow gold. I think it complements colored stones better than rose gold. Here's my sapphire with platinum and 18k YG. CvBpic2small.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I don't post much anymore, so pay no attention to me, but I do not care for rose gold. It reminds me of what you see with cheap costume jewelry, but that's just me. About 30 years ago my hubby bought me a ruby ring that was set in rose gold. I didn't know it was rose gold until years later when I discovered PriceScope and learned that rose gold even existed. I finally realized why it was never one of my favorite rings. My preference is 18k yellow gold. I think it complements colored stones better than rose gold. Here's my sapphire with platinum and 18k YG. CvBpic2small.jpg

What a gorgeous ring, both the sapphire and the setting! May I ask who made it?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Pic above to show OP similar stone in white metal, there is not a lot of light here today as it's cloudy so the stone looks a little darker than what it does in real life.

Your stone and ring are glorious! Mine is more violet and not as saturated. I must admit that RG might be my favorite metal in general (when it works)! But now I'm seeing an argument for any of the three!
little%20clown.gif

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

I thought I didn’t like rose gold either, for the same reasons but then I got an 18k rose gold vintage ring and I love it. I don’t know if I love it more than yellow gold but I do really like it more than I thought. I think 18k rose is more subtle and it also might just depend on how ‘harsh’ the color is of the particular piece.

04FCA597-5222-4D91-AB8A-98CC0FDA52E3.jpeg

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Just when I think I have enough photos in my inspiration folder, you go an post this beauty! More photos of the side profile and on a hand please!

Will do, I already put it back in safe for today but will try and get it back out over the weekend for a couple more pics, I just always hate to post my hands because they always look so bad, so I just took today's pic on the box!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Yasss! I've been so looking forward to a pic of this stone set. It's gorgeous!! I'm thinking we can't go wrong with WG or platinum. But the rose might be a nice twist. Decisions, decisions.
1901765j8di9rrqyl.gif

My stone in my opinion had too much gray in it to do rose or yellow gold but some of the rose gold lavender combinations shown on this thread are really nice, can't wait to see what you do!

Will do, I already put it back in safe for today but will try and get it back out over the weekend for a couple more pics, I just always hate to post my hands because they always look so bad, so I just took today's pic on the box!

I feel the same way about my hands... they're either really dry or have a burn from cooking (often) or are bloated from the hotdog I ate for breakfast (true story).
angel_not2.gif

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I feel the same way about my hands... they're either really dry or have a burn from cooking (often) or are bloated from the hotdog I ate for breakfast (true story).
angel_not2.gif

Mine stay dry from working in hospital and then I take meds that cause Raynaud's type changes so mine typically look pretty scary and take away from the beauty of the ring lol

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for platinum or unplated nickel-free white gold (if you want a little warmer -- but you know that). I just think it is so classic-looking. Not very adventurous, but...

I love this style for that hue/tone -- picture-frame with baguettes. I thought I had a photo of a smaller one; I saved this from the Lang archives and this is huge (> 30 ct) so the baguettes look too skinny, imo.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 3.48.14 PM.png

I vote for platinum or unplated nickel-free white gold (if you want a little warmer -- but you know that). I just think it is so classic-looking. Not very adventurous, but...

I love this style for that hue/tone -- picture-frame with baguettes. I thought I had a photo of a smaller one; I saved this from the Lang archives and this is huge (> 30 ct) so the baguettes look too skinny, imo.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 3.48.14 PM.png

I love the baguette halo! They could have gone bigger though, as you said!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results