shape
carat
color
clarity

Best brilliance for the buck...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arockforher

Rough_Rock
A few questions for the board...
2.gif

With my on line hunt, I''ve basically narrowed my search to Whiteflash material, and am having trouble deciding between E, VS2 AGS ideal cut ~1.25, (4 star cut rating) or I can pay about the same amount (perhaps just a smidge more) for a 5 star cut rated F, VS2 AGS ideal cut with very similar carat weight and proportions....this is like splitting hairs I know....any thoughts? Do the 5 star rated stones visually blow the 4 stars out of the water? Holloway cut advisor ratings are very similar for the stones...

I''ve kind of had my mind set on D/E''s but after seeing some well cut F''s I''m not noticing a huge difference, so I''m leaning towards the slightly better cut 5 star stones...do you think it''s ok to go down to an F in this case and still get that icy white, brilliant face up look? Or do you think the cut difference is so negligeable that I might as well do the E?

What are people''s thoughts on D colored stones....worth the premium?

The more under 10k I can stay the better, and the bigger the stone I can get the better, but I really want the stone to be icy white with no visual includions (perhaps I should hold out hopes for the perfect F, SI 1 and up the size?) and to perform at a very high level....

Thank you!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F VS2 near H&A Expert Selection (4 stars)

I don't see any E ACAs under 10K, anyway?

arockforher

Rough_Rock
AGS 8407402? I do like the specs on that stone...do you know when they will have ideal scope and ASET images up? Also, what made you choose that one over others?

Thanks Julie!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call them! It''s still being processed.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a G SI1 that I don''t see any color in and I''m on the color sensitive side.

I think F VS2 is a great combo though and the stone diamondseeker linked you too is gorgeous
30.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Could you post the numbers on these two stones? I have ACA earrings and an ES pendant, and I can''t tell the difference. I''m wondering if there is a difference in spread between the two stones.

I personally think a D or E is worth the premium, but many here would disagree. If the F is closer to a G, and you''ve got an eagle eye for color, you may see a difference, though it may not bother you.

arockforher

Rough_Rock
Not really a price difference between them....

Here’s the E, VS2

. Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.292
. Depth %: 61.5
. Table %: 55.6
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 51
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 7.00-7.01X4.31
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

And here’s the F, VS2

. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.261
. Depth %: 60.7
. Table %: 56
. Crown Angle: 34.6
. Crown %: 15.2
. Star : 51
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.9
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin Faceted
. Measurements: 7.00-7.02X4.26
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-those are pretty similar, and they both look great numbers-wise. If I''m doing it right
3.gif
, the cut advisor gives the E a 1.1 vs a .9 for the F (both desirable scores). If the price is really the same, I''d pick the E. Hopefully, the others will chime in and give some more opinions.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi arock,

Many times (probably most) the reason an Expert Selection doesn''t make the ACA grade is for reasons not discernible to you or I. Brian is very picky about what gets that label. I''d personally check into that F VS2 ES.

And I agree with mrss, G is a great way to go.

arockforher

Rough_Rock
Really appreciate the thoughts everyone!

I think that I (and hopefully, she) will be happy with an F colored, VS2 stone (anyone here feel strongly that a D or an E are much more brilliant face up in a round and therefore worth the price?), now I just need to do some soul searching and decide how important that 5 star, cut above rating is to me vs. the 4 star expert selection stones....is it worth $500-1k for the peace of mind?
33.gif

In particular, what are your thoughts on these five stones...I think I'm down to these 5 stones...anyone have a strong personal preference? Or feel strongly that one should be dropped from consideration for any particular reason?

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-256916.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-256914.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-256917.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-256918.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-210304.htm

Thanks again everyone! Keep the thoughts coming!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had my eye on that 1.261 ACA...it looks like a beautiful stone...don''t worry, I won''t take it!! I just got my own beautiful ACA
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with one of the ACA''s. I personally think E is overkill. The F still doesn''t have the info up, I''d have to see that before I could really say.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results