shape
carat
color
clarity

Best bench in the UK?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun, adding a Bobby White video here. I enjoy looking at his work! Interesting back-story, too.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just for fun, adding a Bobby White video here. I enjoy looking at his work! Interesting back-story, too.

Have you watched All That Glitters? It’s a BBC programme/competition with a mix of professional benches and hobbyists. They’re given 2 remits for each episode (one mass appeal and one bespoke) and you see their production. I really enjoyed watching it!

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Have you watched All That Glitters? It’s a BBC programme/competition with a mix of professional benches and hobbyists. They’re given 2 remits for each episode (one mass appeal and one bespoke) and you see their production. I really enjoyed watching it!

I love that show but I’m in the US and it isn’t readily available. I caught season one on YouTube but season two isn’t listed. Does anyone know how I can watch these in the US?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that show but I’m in the US and it isn’t readily available. I caught season one on YouTube but season two isn’t listed. Does anyone know how I can watch these in the US?

I’m not sure if you can register for an online bbc iplayer account from abroad & for free. If so, it’s on there!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to say thanks for the Best Designs recommendation @RosieR ! I went in last week and, while they mainly do custom pieces, they had some pre-done items I saw. I got a pendant and earrings and have asked about setting my mum’s engagement ring stone as a pendant. He’s a nice guy!

That’s so exciting! Would you feel comfortable showing what you got? No worries if you aren’t comfortable posting.
Also was the price more palatable than J McCormack?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s so exciting! Would you feel comfortable showing what you got? No worries if you aren’t comfortable posting.
Also was the price more palatable than J McCormack?

I’ll take some pics. The pendant is a collet-set garnet. I’m definitely going to ask about setting mum’s stone as a pendant so I’ll let you know how it goes and the cost for custom. The ballpark indication he gave was reasonable, and for the pre-made too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results