shape
carat
color
clarity

Best bang for my buck. Is buying online worth all the hype?

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock
Re: Best bang for my buck. Is buying online worth all the hy

teobdl, thanks for the suggestions!

The 1.20ct actually does not look that bad but I would be highly cautious of the SI2 clarity. I am taking a closer look at it as we speak and will definitely keep it in mind. I might have to dismiss it on clarity alone though. I think "bang for buck" meant best quality bang, not necessarily loudest bang. I think by now I am getting lost in my own metaphor though. :)

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

BrilliantDummie|1401925016|3686677 said:
Now, on the topic of the diamond itself. I have been trying to research as much as I can on different qualities and locking down as many of those properties as I could to make the search easier. Here is my wish list (most of is repeated from OP with additonal criterion):

Budget: $5500-$6500 (willing to go higher if necessary)
Certification: GIA (3X) or AGS(0/1)
Size: 0.95-1.05 ct
HCA: 2.0 or below
Color: F-H (G as sweet spot)
Clarity: VS1-SI1 (VS2 as sweet spot)
Girdle: thin to sl. thick (Medium as sweet spot)
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None

Of course I got my measurements for acceptable diamond criterion from other research so all of you know better than I what is a good diamond but the information I have gathered leads me to:
Table %: 53 - 57.5%
Depth %: 59.9 - 62.9%
Crown °: 33.7°- 35.8°
Crown %: 14.4 - 16.2%
Pavillion °: 40.5° - 41.5°
Pavillion %: 42.2 - 43.8%
Girdle: 0.7-1.7%
Culet: None-Pointed

I try to stick to these dimensions and HCA to weed out any possible bad performers. As my character permits me I try to be overly critical of anything that I spend this much money on and as I am buying for my future wife and not even for myself I am focused on doing this right the first time and being even more critical over every single detail. I guess what scares me most with online vendors is being unable to see the stone with my own eyes, feel it with my own hands, and the fact that a lot of it simply goes from wearhouse to buyer without much interest by the seller. I do not have a personal jeweler and so really do not trust any of them. I am greatful to Gypsy for recommending Joe Escobar and I will definitely go check them out.

In the end I guess I know generally what stone I want but have no confidence in myself to weed out the uglies, no confidence in any jeweler to help me out, no confidence in the internet vendor to not post up fake pictures or send me one stone instead of another as a mix up, etc, etc, and really only you guys and your wisdom to guide me forward =)

As an example, BlueNiles return policy of 30 days and you have to call them for a return code, shipping it youreself, etc. scares me since nobody is guaranteeing the diamond wont get lost or damaged on the return way to the vendor or that the vendor will even recieve it... and if they do recieve it, to apply it to the right account and acknowledge reciept to the right buyer.

Revised
Crown °: 33.7°- 35.8° or 34.1 to 35.5 to be more strict
Pavillion °: 40.6° - 41.0°
Girdle: slightly thin to medium or medium to slightly thick

To address your concern about online vendors' integrity: they've been in business for almost 15 years now. If switching stones were a problem, they'd be out of business in a day. NYTimes and such have written articles about how disruptive online vendors have been because they provide great service and quality at better prices.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Thank you teobdl,
Having a general outline for proportions really does help narrow things down in many of the searches I am going through. You all have convinced me to shop online but I had a few more questions as far as online vendors.

I was wondering about the PS vendors from the PS search engine. Are all recommended or should I stay away from some?

Some (GoodOldGold/ WhiteFlash/ HighPerformanceDiamonds) provide more information than others (Solomon Brothers/ B2C/ BlueNile/ JamesAllen/ Adiamor). Usualy that extra information is in IdealScope images, ASET images, etc. As far as I can see those with more such info are priced accordingly. Is that generally the rule?

Anything else really to differentiate the vendors, other than some have their signature brand diamonds and some do not? Are all PS vendors verified top-notch awesome?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BrilliantDummie|1401925016|3686677 said:
Of course I got my measurements for acceptable diamond criterion from other research so all of you know better than I what is a good diamond but the information I have gathered leads me to:
Crown °: 33.7°- 35.8°
Pavillion °: 40.5° - 41.5°
Girdle: 0.7-1.7%

Hi Brilliant Dummie,

Just curious, why these numbers? They are too lenient and are going to allow for some real duds and steep deeps with leakage. I would tighten up the acceptable angles a bit. For example--crown: 34-35.5. Pavilion: 40.6-41.

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Hi Laila619,

Actually the numbers I got were a combination of looking online through multiple other forums Some had numbers based on Tolkowski cut with slight adjustments, Some were more 'expert' opinions. Putting it all together I got this general guide for myself. Even comming here I recieved mixed messages from some saying the numbers are too lenient and others say they are too tight (see Gypsy's post on 04 Jun 2014 18:45).

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

As you said, the most expensive vendors tend to have the most documentation to verify the absolute best cut quality of their diamonds. These include GOG, WF, BGD, HPD. You pay a premium for the cut quality and documentation and service and having diamonds preselected for you.

WIth all other sites, you pretty much have to do the work to make sure you're getting good quality. Anyone can pick from a pre-selected pile of diamonds. You need more information to dig through the troves of others.

IMO, James Allen gives the most complete information to dig deep and find the right diamond in the rough (pun intended).
Process for finding best diamond at GOG, WF, HPD, or BGD:
1. enter your budget
2. click lowest acceptable C's + 1 (for example, if you're lowest color grade is H, click H and G)
3. get biggest diamond you can afford
4. make sure it's eye clean

Process for finding best at JamesAllen, bluenile, etc
1. Enter max price
2. click lowest acceptable C's
3. sort by biggest ct weight to smallest
4. look at each report (you can usually immediately exclude many based on huge tables or out of range depths) for acceptable ranges. You could also plug into HCA, but that is time intensive and you can get quick if you memorize the proportions
5. exclude diamonds not likely to be eye clean
6. Pick top 3-5 based on price and size now that you've eliminated pretty much 99.99% of all diamonds you started with. If you're in the SI range for clarity, you may be left with fewer.
7. Come back to PS with what you've found

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

BrilliantDummie|1402083870|3688026 said:
Thanks for the engineering understanding Lorelei and John,
Given a larger time frame I would spend the next half a year pouring over angles and percentage values but seeing as I want to make the proposal next month, I am running slightly pressed for time and will have to make due with the information at hand and all of your hard work fellow PSers.

Your response is pretty much what I expected to hear. I do not mind putting in the leg work to find the best out of the GIA/AGS Ideals and I think that is the direction I want to head in as of now. If I ever change my mind, finding a good diamond in a brand should be super quick. With the ucrrent course of action, I cannot seem to find any really good guidelines abuot narrowing down my selections other than having to post here about each diamond I find. The criterion for table/depth % and crown/pavillion angles seem to be quite wide and there are exceptions to each rule. The HCA tool is, as of now, no use to me really. Would the best course of action be me looking at the diamond pictures ASETs, IS images, etc., then post here whatever appeals to me most and have you guys help me pick the best? Are there some criterion I could use to narrow down a search in between the ideal ranges of AGS0 and GIA 3X? My previous post on general angles and % values was somewhat dismissed as being either too constrictive or not inclusive enough.

You are most welcome BD! Understood with the time frame, if you had more time then you would probably have a really enjoyable time number crunching and the like, but fear not, you won't get this wrong and we are always here to offer some friendly encouragement and opinions.

Your plan sounds extremely sensible, if you look at my post on page 1 I believe, there is a cheat sheet of suggested proportions that I created some time ago based on teachings from John P and some of the other experts, with a quote from John himself at the bottom, that should get you within the bulls eye of the better cut non branded stones. Or the easiest way might be to concentrate on AGS0 and GIA Excellent, run the GIA Ex through the HCA to eliminate those scoring above 2. Then post your contenders here, we can help you pick out the most promising candidates based on the proportions and other info, then images are the next step. If you find a diamond with a vendor that already has images supplied, those trump any numbers and it's a case of choosing from there.

Of course, we will always be pleased to offer suggestions for you should you wish.

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Hey guys, I have not posted in a few days as I am in a lengthy and tedious process of compiling diamond data from all of your wonderful sources and vendors. In the mean time, I have been in contact with a rep at ShaneCo which has been super awesome with my ring/setting buying experience, so I figured while all the diamond info is fresh in my mind, I will ask him some questions on their Shane Classic diamonds, whether they do imaging, all that kind of stuff.

Here is his reply:
"In terms of diamonds, I do have the ability to get whatever characteristics you want, since we have full time, on site buyers around the world. In terms of cut, our Shane Classic would be our best cut, it is Ideal by AGS standards and triple excellent by GIA. The cut falls within the top 1% of the top diamonds. As I am sure you know, every company tends to have their own Ideal standards so I do not know how it compares to other marketed diamonds but I do know it by graders standards. Every one of our diamonds is bought in person and there is only one person in the company that can buy our Shane Classic. The way that we buy our diamonds is more on the visual beauty then any grade on paper, as we buy them before they are graded.

We all have loops, which is the industry standard of 10X and we have access to gem scopes which are 50X. The way we work with clarity is with the loop because that is how the diamonds are graded. We do not do imaging beyond what come on your outside certificate.

We can pull out your ring and place a diamond in it, but we do not have many things pre-set because as you know, we do not mass produce our rings and so we can not lock any rings up with specific diamonds. As you move forward with the process if you decide to work with us, we can mount your diamond with only half down on the diamond and you will have time to change diamonds if you do not like the look once mounted as all work is free and you still have 60 days to return or exchange, even once it is mounted and sized. I hope this answered some of your questions."

I thought it was interesting he mentioned Shane Classic being graded as AGS ideal and GIA 3X since the diamonds are officially certified only by GIA. I wonder if he means they are GIA 3X but are cut to the AGS000 standard as well, just not graded by AGS. Also interesting that he can get 50X imaging if need be. Maybe I shoud request some diamond outside of their current inventory to see how good their "we can get you anything you want" offer is?

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

The rep is eager to please and seems to know what s/he's talking about. Doesn't hurt to see what they have to offer. Just stick to your budget and know what else is offered for the same money.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

BrilliantDummie|1402437220|3690361 said:
Hey guys, I have not posted in a few days as I am in a lengthy and tedious process of compiling diamond data from all of your wonderful sources and vendors. In the mean time, I have been in contact with a rep at ShaneCo which has been super awesome with my ring/setting buying experience, so I figured while all the diamond info is fresh in my mind, I will ask him some questions on their Shane Classic diamonds, whether they do imaging, all that kind of stuff.

Here is his reply:
"In terms of diamonds, I do have the ability to get whatever characteristics you want, since we have full time, on site buyers around the world. In terms of cut, our Shane Classic would be our best cut, it is Ideal by AGS standards and triple excellent by GIA. The cut falls within the top 1% of the top diamonds. As I am sure you know, every company tends to have their own Ideal standards so I do not know how it compares to other marketed diamonds but I do know it by graders standards. Every one of our diamonds is bought in person and there is only one person in the company that can buy our Shane Classic. The way that we buy our diamonds is more on the visual beauty then any grade on paper, as we buy them before they are graded.

We all have loops, which is the industry standard of 10X and we have access to gem scopes which are 50X. The way we work with clarity is with the loop because that is how the diamonds are graded. We do not do imaging beyond what come on your outside certificate.

We can pull out your ring and place a diamond in it, but we do not have many things pre-set because as you know, we do not mass produce our rings and so we can not lock any rings up with specific diamonds. As you move forward with the process if you decide to work with us, we can mount your diamond with only half down on the diamond and you will have time to change diamonds if you do not like the look once mounted as all work is free and you still have 60 days to return or exchange, even once it is mounted and sized. I hope this answered some of your questions."

I thought it was interesting he mentioned Shane Classic being graded as AGS ideal and GIA 3X since the diamonds are officially certified only by GIA. I wonder if he means they are GIA 3X but are cut to the AGS000 standard as well, just not graded by AGS. Also interesting that he can get 50X imaging if need be. Maybe I shoud request some diamond outside of their current inventory to see how good their "we can get you anything you want" offer is?

Typical salesman spiel. This is essentially a script that he is reading/typing to you.

I wouldn't give much credence to someone who doesn't even know how to spell the word 'loupe.'

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

RockyRacoon said:
Typical salesman spiel. This is essentially a script that he is reading/typing to you.

I wouldn't give much credence to someone who doesn't even know how to spell the word 'loupe.'

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ seeing what they can source.

Ask for AGS 0 and GIA Excellents with PA/CA/T% of 40.6-41.0/34-35/53-58.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I thought it was interesting he mentioned Shane Classic being graded as AGS ideal and GIA 3X since the diamonds are officially certified only by GIA. I wonder if he means they are GIA 3X but are cut to the AGS000 standard as well, just not graded by AGS.
It's nice that he's speaking this language with you.

This comment deserves some attention: "They are GIA 3EX but are cut to the AGS000 standard as well." I realize you're paraphrasing, but offer a complete overview below so you can be completely certain what's being maintained.

That claim can only be made if those diamonds come with a report from AGSL. Here is why: AGSL standards for 0 polish and 0 symmetry are stricter than GIA's standards for EX polish and symmetry. One cannot state that a GIA XXX as an AGS 000 without a lab report from AGSL showing that it met those higher "Ideal" standards for finish.

Additionally, AGSL's Light Performance metric is based on 3D ray-tracing. The "0" in light performance can only be calculated using AGS software. For what it's worth, many salespeople are surprised to learn today's AGS light-performance grade cannot be cross-referenced using averaged proportions any more (per their older metric circa 1996-2005). In 2005 the lab introduced a diamond-specific metric, where each individual diamond is modeled and 40,000 rays are used to calculate values for that specific diamond in the areas of brightness, dispersion, contrast and leakage - both at 30 and 40 degrees of obstruction as well as through a range of tilt. It's a far more robust, strict, scientifically repeatable system which cannot be compared to non-diamond-specific ham-fisted 2D charts.

With that said, AGS does license proprietary grading software to some entities. If one has a 3D scan of a diamond it can be run in that program to get the corresponding light performance grade. I've never heard of this seller doing that, but maybe they are. In any case, I'd want to see an AGS PGS document for any GIA EX diamond claimed to have AGS0 light performance. And even with a PGR grade, that's only one "0" in the AGS 000 lexicon; albeit the most important one.

I tend to agree with Teobdl that this pro has demonstrated a desire to work with you, is speaking confidently (with a -10 in spelling per RR) ;-) and deserves your attention. But the claim that "our diamonds are cut to AGS 000 standards" demands some level of documented proof for each specific diamond, if it's being made.

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Thank you John, that is quite an insight. I may as well follow up since he seems a bit more involved than the regular "all our diamonds are great, come take a look for yourself how awesome our LED lighting is!".

I will find out about the AGS and the "Ill get whatever you want" claims. Even if I do not buy from them I think this kind of information about a company could be useful for other buyers.

Who knows, if he can find a 0.95 G VS2 with good proportions, an AGS/GIA certification, lots of pictures and a good price I might actually consider it.

In the mean time I am finding some fantastic diamond options online. I have found 2 appraisers locally that I still need to contact to get the final purchase appraised so I can insure it before it is set. I do not want to send the ring away to be set so I will probably insure it and have ShaneCo set it themselves, or some other local jeweler.

Even have a proposal idea :)

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Well this is an interesting revalation, cannot say I am too surprised either. I just found 4 diamonds on 4 different sites, that are the exact same diamond.

1) http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3128703.htm?source=pricescope
Bank-wire price $6267
GIA# 2146128504
2) http://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/H-VS2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond/D21474189
Bank-wire price $6018
GIA# 2146128504
3) http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-4168197-0.95-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-clarity.aspx
Bank-wire price $5855
GIA# 2146128504
4) Solomon Brothers Stock No. 756748H7
Bank-wire price $5834
GIA# 2146128504

Going from WhiteFlash Virtual Selection to Solomon Brothers or B2C I can save $400, on the SAME diamond! I am not too surprised since it is all just online vendors with links to the same diamond in a common wearhouse. Still I thought it was interesting to see this.

Venti25

Shiny_Rock

I haven't checked to see if they are the same but it happens when stones are not in house. There's no huge problem with having a stone cross listed by different vendors and you can thus pick the vendor with the price you prefer. What is discouraged though is going with one vendor for the information they provide (asking for scopes/examinations etc) and then once you have that information going with the cheaper vendor who likely does not provide as much info to purchase the stone.The extra information provided by the more expensive vendor may be factored into the higher price of the diamond.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock

Hi OP, you can also have WF vet the stone for you and then ask them for a price match when the time comes and you want to pull the trigger. They may come back with something in the middle or meet your price request. Just a thought, but at least you know more about the stone and can make a more confident purchasing decision and buy from a known PS vendor, which can be reassuring when wiring all that dough!

Are you really interested in this stone or still looking?

thebigjdoe

Rough_Rock

Here is his reply:

That is interesting. I have family who works at ShaneCO, and will still be looking elsewhere. Have you looked at their "Shane Classic" diamonds? I have seen some that score in the high 4.x on the HCA. It would be hard for me to believe that their shane classic are comparable to AGS000 stones. At least not based on what I have seen

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Often the price disparity between stones has to do with upgrade policies so make sure you check those out if that might be an option in the future (and most people think they'll never upgrade when getting engaged but many do choose to do so ten years later...).

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

luvdajules,
The stone is on my short list. I think these companies are all PS trusted vendors. These vendors protect themselves pretty well. If I decide on this stone from WhiteFlash, they will consider it purchased and so other vendors will not see its availability, probably will take down their ads, and I cant price-match anymore. I have to make the right decision from step one.

thebigjdoe,
I am curious what your reasons are for not purchasing from ShaneCo? I assume having family that works there gets you access to more info/tech/stones/deals then myself, probably some family discount too. I have learned not to trust the HCA after being on this forum. If you read through my posts you will see I have encountered multiple AGS0000 stones that scored in the 2.x-3.x range on the HCA scale. I had to start narrowing down my choices somehow so I decided to throw the HCA out the window and rely on measurement metrics, inclusion graphs, pictures if the vendor has any, and then the general opinion of the people on this forum. The diamond I mentioned is one of the few I have on my shortlist after heavily restricting my search. Realisticaly I am left with about 2 diamonds after looking at over 15 vendors.

The 0.95ct from B2C or any of the other vendors that link to it. I dont like that it has a small crystal right in the middle of the table and has some twinning wisp inclusions. As I understand those are like wisps with feathers comming off of them.
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-4168197-0.95-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS2-clarity.aspx

The 0.97 from Adiamor. I dont like that it does not have a clarity map in its GIA document and the clarity characteristic states "Feather" which worries me even more. Explains the price though.
http://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/H-VS2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond/D20958348

P.S. It is interesting I noticed the prices on sites like Solomon Brothers or B2C change throughout the day. I have monitored the 0.95ct diamond and saw the price drop towards the end of the day yesterday then bump up again this morning.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

I have read some of your posts and i am CERTAINLY not an expert. I was in a similar predicament when searching for my own diamond. My FI was not on board with shopping online, but i was due to the wealth of info.

I ended up finding MY diamond at a vendor that is not really suggested due to "lack of information". I ended up with an AGS000 1.01ct I VS2 for $5700. Yes, you read that price right. I bought the loose diamond only through Ritani. You can hold up to 3 stones on reserve and call in to make an appt with the gemologist. During this appointment, you connect through the net - you can see pics of the diamond and you hear them through the phone. They will show you everything they are looking at and will compare what they think is the best value, eye cleanliness, etc. I originally only had 2 stones on hold since they sell mostly GIA and i was looking for specifically AGS000 as i felt this was a more "safe" option being that it has already been graded for light performance. After the consultation we placed the order and had the diamond in hand next day. I am extremely thrilled with their customer service and would suggest them to anyone. They also have a program where you can send 2 completed rings to a ritani dealer and you have no obligation to buy.

I searched their site and i found a few AGS000 stones in your price range. The 2 SI1's i would check for eye cleanliness if you are interested in them when you talk to gemologist. The diamond will have pictures and video after you view with the gemologist. The ritani reserve ideal one has already been evaluated for eye cleanliness since its their top of the line branded stone. it also comes with a scintillation report from AGS.

http://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-1-10-Carat-I-color-AGSL-certified/D-13FFSH

http://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-1-01-Carat-H-color-AGSL-certified/D-13FFF7

http://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-0-92-Carat-H-color-AGSL-certified/D-V3YYJW

here are some more reserve ideals, GIA graded

http://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-0-90-Carat-I-color-GIA-certified/D-1666S6

http://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-0-92-Carat-F-color-GIA-certified/D-C9QHN3

http://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-0-91-Carat-I-color-GIA-certified/D-M926W0
Just trying to give you more options to compare.

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Thank you LoveLikeCrazy,

I have seen multiple posters set their stones into Ritani bands but never really seen anyone mantion Ritani for diamond purchasing. I wil definitely keep your suggestions in mind!

Does nyone else have any experience with Ritani? I always thought of them as more of a brand name and am actualy quite surprised by their selection and pricing.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

Your welcome. Their prices are certainly competitive but you still to be an intelligent shopper. Good luck with your hunt!

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Hey guys, I have been searching exclusively above VS2 clarity but then these two SI1 clarity stones dropped in on me. What do you guys think? I have requested pictures and IdealScope images from B2C and will be waiting for the e-mail.

Here are the links and the GIA images

1) http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5117736...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

2) http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-4509222...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

1) Has crystals in the middle of the table. 2) has twinning wisps on the edges but everything else is clean.

I usually try to avoid twinning wisps and feathers just in case but what do you guys think about this? I will post pictures as soon as i get them.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

The second one is a really good bet. You don't just happen to cut to PA/CA 40.8/34.5 and 55% table.

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Thanks teobdl,

One thing scares the jeepers out of me is the cavity and the twinning wisps right at the girdle. Could be on the crown but its right at the edge. It is small though but man I am scared of it. Do you guys think I should put it on hold at B2C?

It is a good couple of hundred $$$ above what I would like to have spent but if this is a good gamble Ill jump on it. What do you guys think? I try to avoid twinning wisps and cavities near the girdle like a plague but the diamond dimensions and a clean table have me slightly drooling over my keyboard.

Like I mentioned I have requested pictures form the supplier of both the diamonds mentioned in the above post so will be waiting for those. I just hope if this is the deal I am looking for, that it does not get snatched up.

This wil be sitting in a 4-prong setting so maybe I can cover up the twinning wisps and the cavity with a prong each? Especialy seeing as how both impurities are almost right across from one another. Or will the setting cause a possible crack to go through one of these?

On the other hand I can go 0.95ct with
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-4709553-0.96-carat-Round-diamond-H-color-VS1-clarity.aspx
or
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5062250-0.95-carat-Round-diamond-F-color-VS2-clarity.aspx

And get higher color and higher clarity and save about $500 but miss out on the awesome dimensions with a Triple Excellent. I cannot say that hitting the 100pt mark is crucial or anything, I know she does not care, but should I pass up this opportunity?

P.S. I found this link http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/1.01-H-SI1-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-GIA-2131465938/ds-1467372/ that has a GIA link to the same 1.01ct diamond. I believe those are the real pictures of the diamond. Do they tell you anything?

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

The 0.95 F VS2 has nice numbers and I love F.

My first choice would be the 1.01 H SI1, second the .95 F.
Can you get idealscopes on those?

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

I am doing my best, the guy I talked to said he will ask the suppliers to get them if they can. I will post as soon as I get anything in the e-mail. The 0.95ct I literally found like half an hour ago so I have to inquire about it right now. I will take some more looks around but with my stringent search criterion this is all I got so far.

I do not mind spending more if I am getting quality. But I dont want to spend more simply for carat count.

BrilliantDummie

Rough_Rock

Ok, updates:

1) I got pictures from B2C of the 1.01ct stone. It looks shiny and everything but the light is probably comparable to mall store lighting. They can only do IdealScope and ASET if I buy it and have B2C in NY scan it then contact me with images and I can decide whether I want to keep it or not. On a side note, I was talking to a B2C rep on Chat and he said the stone has already been bought, even though it is still listed online. He was in process of suggesting other stones to me so I do not know if it was a way of steering me towards his suggestions or not.

2) ShaneCo got back to me with a possible 0.95ct H SI1 GIA3X with only one proportion out of my spec. The crown angle is 36 while the pavillion angle is 40.6. They can have it for me in-house on Friday to check out. Prce $6300-ish. I have e-mailed them back for a GIA number for me to verify.

3) the guy from B2C actually had some decent suggestions so here are other options that fit my bill. What do you guys think of these versus the 1.01ct H SI1?

0. $6574. The 1.01ct to be compared against. (claimed to be out of stock but still listed on the website)
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-4509222...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

1. $6724. 0.99ct E-SI1 has a bunch of feathers everywhere but provided with IdealScope, ASET, etc.
Only other one with proportions similar to the 1.01ct and ideally in the middle of the suggested ranges.
I would of course love to sacrifice color for a bit more clarity.
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-4964077-0.99-carat-Round-diamond-E-color-SI1-clarity.aspx

2. $5843. 0.95 F-VS2 Also listed earlier. No clarity plot. B2C cannot provide pictures. Have to go by faith.
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5062250...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results