shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Ballet Flats

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy these by the dozen. I wear them everywhere. They have zero support and the uppers start peeling after a couple of months of #AllTheTime use, but they're cute and so darn comfortable - just like wearing socks...

A question for the flats folks, hope you don't mind @Cozystitches! What liners/socks do y'all use? I've tried a few types but haven't found any that I love. Ideally they'd be
1. Completely opaque
2. Made of something that doesn't pill
3. Shaped or lined in some magic way to not slip off my heel (I think I've got more slippery heels than most people, somehow!)

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with @missy about Lifestride. I’m also a huge Dansko fan and have found that Lifestride work for me as well. I hate heels (won’t wear them) but do have some lifestride wedges that are great! I have the same pair in three colors. My flats are old and worn out so I’m off to look for a couple of new pairs. They don’t have Dansko support but they’re not bad, and a good deal when on sale. I’ve tried cheap brands and expensive brands but haven’t found others that work. Good luck in your search!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update: I've ordered a pair of Rothy's! Being a teacher they have a 1/2 off select styles, so I ordered a pair. We'll see how they fit. I've also made masks and have a Gift Card for Tieks, so I'll probably buy a pair of those as well a bit later :D

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got my Rothy's today! Love them, but they are SNUG. If they shrink (as they can do) I'm HOSED. So, unfortunately, they're going back :(sad but I'm exchanging them for a bigger size. :) Too bad I have to wait... 1591315719492.png

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @yssie - I use Gekks in most of my flats.

Depending on the shoe, sometimes I have to order a half size up to accommodate for the room the liner/sock takes up, but I love that they stay in the shoe and DON'T slip off your heel.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got my Rothy's today! Love them, but they are SNUG. If they shrink (as they can do) I'm HOSED. So, unfortunately, they're going back :(sad but I'm exchanging them for a bigger size. :) Too bad I have to wait... 1591315719492.png

FYI - if you ever order the point, I find that runs another half size small. I normally wear a 9, order 9.5 in the rounds, and 10 in the flats. I also LOVE the Sketchers Cleo, which is the best Rothy's dupe I've ever found.

They do not say they are washable, but I have washed several pairs with no issues (did not put in dryer and let air dry). Plus they are so inexpensive I wouldn't be mad if they ever did get ruined.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
FYI - if you ever order the point, I find that runs another half size small. I normally wear a 9, order 9.5 in the rounds, and 10 in the flats. I also LOVE the Sketchers Cleo, which is the best Rothy's dupe I've ever found.

They do not say they are washable, but I have washed several pairs with no issues (did not put in dryer and let air dry). Plus they are so inexpensive I wouldn't be mad if they ever did get ruined.

Oh, good to know. I have a horrible time finding ones that aren't slippy, pilly or roll up on you. I may try these.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stumbled upon an ad just last night for Allbirds flats ... a brand I’d never heard of before. Less expensive than Tieks, washable, and for those whom “eco-friendly” footwear is a thing, they appear to tick those boxes. Where I live, it’s relatively warm most of the year, so something lightweight, breathable and washable is ideal, and these seem to fit the bill, though I have not yet placed an order. Lots of color options, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results