shape
carat
color
clarity

Best 2ct Moissanite

Kay90

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I’m debating between a moissanite or a lab grown diamond. I’m interested in a 2ct round H&A cut stone in a simple pave setting.

Does anyone have a 2 carat moissanite that looks believable and not like a crystal doorknob as I saw mentioned in another thread. In that size would I be better off getting a lab diamond?

If anyone has photos they can share of their 2ct round moissanite I’d appreciate it!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I’m debating between a moissanite or a lab grown diamond. I’m interested in a 2ct round H&A cut stone in a simple pave setting.

Does anyone have a 2 carat moissanite that looks believable and not like a crystal doorknob as I saw mentioned in another thread. In that size would I be better off getting a lab diamond?

If anyone has photos they can share of their 2ct round moissanite I’d appreciate it!

I don’t have any moissanite larger than 7.5mm, but you can see tons of pictures of all shapes, sizes, cuts, & colors over on the r/moissanite subreddit.

For reference- here’s a 7.5mm H&A that I had, F color, made by Tianyu, which I sold. The bezel halo is a GHI from Provence, center stone is 6.5mm.

Attachments

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
I have several moissanites, but if you want a diamond, get a diamond. I get my moissanites from China, so I don't spend a lot, but if I had lab diamond money I would get that.

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
I have several moissanites, but if you want a diamond, get a diamond. I get my moissanites from China, so I don't spend a lot, but if I had lab diamond money I would get that.

What they said--if you really want a diamond, moissanite's not going to satisfy you. If you're truly on the fence, Jon at Distinctive Gem supposedly has the most diamond-like moissanites out there. You could order one and return if you don't like it, as long as it's not a custom cut. He does lab diamonds as well, and his customer service is excellent.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.