shape
carat
color
clarity

Best 2019 Tiffany Metro ring alternative?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely prefer the Metro. Bigger, better quality stones.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to like the Zina better because I knew that the size will be more accurate and it would be more affordable, but the Metro is the clear winner here. Ugh this is tricky. I am happy that you have a temporary solution, but a band that’s much larger might not be super comfy in the long term. Is the metro still about a whole size larger?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just brought the Metro to Tiffany’s and they measured it as 5.5. The band is just so thin so it feels larger. They are looking into adding sizing beads but I’m not crazy about adding beads to the ring.

A few things to consider:

I like wearing a plain wedding band with my e-ring and will probably wear the Metro as a RHR. My right ring finger is slightly larger so the ring is about .25-.5 too loose. It’s too loose to wear on its own. If I shake my hand hard enough, the ring slips right off.

The unglamorous rubber sizer 1) makes it fit and 2) actually protects the delicate stones under my finger which is practical when I'm running after my toddler or playing with the dogs.

I bought it for $1000. I guess I can return it and wait for a size 5 (which fits just right) but if my finger size increases in the future, I won't be able to wear it comfortably. Even if I bought a size 5, a thin, dainty eternity ring is too delicate for my current lifestyle. The rubber ring condom DOES protects the stones underneath and solves the eternity ring issue but then I'm wearing a rubber ring condom.

It's soo pretty though!

Last edited:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 what did you end up doing? I realize this is a year later...

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
When I went to Tiffany's to look at bands, the first one I liked was the Metro. The sales associate told me though that she would not recommend it for every day wear.

This is exactly what I was told by a sales associate. She said right away don’t use this for everyday wear because it’s too delicate and eluded to issues with diamonds falling out.

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to post on an old thread but did you realize the metro ring has been discontinued by Tiffany? ☹️ It was always my plan to get one for our ten year anniversary (July) and now they don’t sell them anymore.....I called and the sales lady at my local Tiffany said the reason was they didn’t sell well. I’m wondering if it’s really because they were too delicate to hold up well. Can anyone who has one from Tiffany weigh in? I suppose I can always look at the second hand market!

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
This is exactly what I was told by a sales associate. She said right away don’t use this for everyday wear because it’s too delicate and eluded to issues with diamonds falling out.

Exactly what my question is...

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
I own this in rose gold and It has held up really well. I am actually thinking of selling it just bc it doesn’t get as much wear now that I have other bands to wear with my solitaire.
It is similar to the Zina bands, which I have two of as well.

Are you still thinking of selling yours?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah! Thank you for the intel! I just called Tiffany and the rep said her system said "vendor discontinued" which could mean that the current vendor is no longer making it. It is such a staple that another vendor might remake it but it's possible it might be thinner, more metal, etc.

I called a second boutique and they said they are running low in the West Coast but they are still making it. I called a third boutique and they said that they are discontinuing it.

I have been scheming on this ring for a decade! I've been waiting to find one preloved in rose gold and in my size but nothing has popped up. There are some left in stores. I reserved one in rose gold and in my size because I don't want to take any chances.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results