shape
carat
color
clarity

Best 2019 Tiffany Metro ring alternative?

sep004

Rough_Rock
I have 4 Leon Mege "String Theory" bands and they're beautiful! Not cheap, but worth every penny. I've looked at Bony Levy pieces also and thought they were very pretty, but didn't think that the workmanship was comparable.

Reactions: AV_

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a rose gold Metro on eBay! It was initially $1350 but I negotiated to $1000. It's got a 30 day return policy. I'm a loose 5 and the ring is a 5.75 and am a bit worried it's too big + the band is super thin. I figure it's going to be behind my e-ring so the e-ring would hold it in place. Plus, it's an eternity so if my finger size changes in the future, I can hopefully still wear it. Or I can make it a right hand ring.

Will you take a peek and see if it looks authentic?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could have negotiated even more if you called the business directly - contact info. They pay appx $100 in eBay fees and another 3% in PayPal fees.

Otherwise, the item looks authentic from the pics but I would take it to T&Co for servicing once you receive it. They can also insert sizing beads/bar if needed.

Nice find!

Last edited:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could have negotiated even more if you called the business directly - contact info. They pay appx $100 in eBay fees and another 3% in PayPal fees.

Otherwise, the item looks authentic from the pics but I would take it to T&Co for servicing once you receive it. They can also insert sizing beads/bar if needed.

Nice find!

Thanks for checking it out, SimoneDi! Ugh, I would've loved to save a bit more. Oh well - I'm glad I have a 30 day inspection period!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you think T & Co. will ask for proof of purchase if I get it serviced or resized?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find!
Thanks for checking it out, SimoneDi! Ugh, I would've loved to save a bit more. Oh well - I'm glad I have a 30 day inspection period!
TweetyBird, don't feel badly that you didn't contact the vendor about doing a direct sale. You can't count on a vender agreeing to an off eBay sale because doing so is a violation of eBay's terms of service/policies. Which is entirely understandable: eBay's vendor fees support the huge marketplace eBay developed and maintains, so of course eBay takes a dim view of fee avoidance.
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-policies/offers-buy-sell-outside-ebay-policy?id=4272

A.D.S. Jewelry doesn't post its return-refund policy on its web site (which personally bugs me; why should I have to contact a merchant to learn that piece of basic business info), but it's not unusual for a jeweler to have a shorter return period for purchases made through their own web site than the 30-day return policy they provide for purchases made via their eBay listings.

I love the Metro in rose gold & hope this one makes your heart sing!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TweetyBird, don't feel badly that you didn't contact the vendor about doing a direct sale. You can't count on a vender agreeing to an off eBay sale because doing so is a violation of eBay's terms of service/policies. Which is entirely understandable: eBay's vendor fees support the huge marketplace eBay developed and maintains, so of course eBay takes a dim view of fee avoidance.
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-policies/offers-buy-sell-outside-ebay-policy?id=4272

A.D.S. Jewelry doesn't post its return-refund policy on its web site (which personally bugs me; why should I have to contact a merchant to learn that piece of basic business info), but it's not unusual for a jeweler to have a shorter return period for purchases made through their own web site than the 30-day return policy they provide for purchases made via their eBay listings.

I love the Metro in rose gold & hope this one makes your heart sing!

Thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful response, Molly! You are a doll. I'll post a ton of pictures when I get it! xo Tweety

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I called T&Co and they said sizing beads shouldn't be a problem. They also had a butterfly option but it's apparently for thicker bands. $90 for the service - not bad!

emmalina1

Rough_Rock
I do have a Zina band with black rhodium plating... I am happy with the sparkle factor, esp for the price. That said, if you're wanting it to be your main band and/or in white metal, I'm not sure you'd be "blown away"... LOL I wanted mine to have a moody, edgy look to pair with 18K YG, so you may be wanting a much different look. (Disclaimer: I have never seen any other Zina band IRL, so I cannot say one way or the other on them)

This is a craptactular shot... and with my platinum band. I'll see if I can find some more.
Zina_Antiqued_Eternity_Platinum_Stack.jpg

Mspo04 - Seriously tempted by the Zina band. Do you find it "scratchy" in any way? I've got a Zales or Jared (can't remember which) band which looks great but isn't as smooth as my engagement ring and it's driving me insane!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the Metro ring! It's sooo pretty! But I'm a loose 5 and at 5.75 and given its super thin width, it's super loose! This style is definitely a forever ring and I'd like to wear it in the future if I gain weight, get pregnant (g-d willing!), etc. I would also wear it behind my tighter e-ring but it's annoyingly loose as it is.

Should I put sizing beads, like Tiffany suggested? The rep said the beads aren't very comfortable tho.

IMG_9973-1.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the Metro ring! It's sooo pretty! But I'm a loose 5 and at 5.75 and given its super thin width, it's super loose! This style is definitely a forever ring and I'd like to wear it in the future if I gain weight, get pregnant (g-d willing!), etc. I would also wear it behind my tighter e-ring but it's annoyingly loose as it is.

Should I put sizing beads, like Tiffany suggested? The rep said the beads aren't very comfortable tho.

IMG_9973-1.jpeg

Beautiful ring, I love Tiffany...I have sizing beads in several rings and find that I don’t even feel them. So I say get them and wear this beauty!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, I love Tiffany...I have sizing beads in several rings and find that I don’t even feel them. So I say get them and wear this beauty!

Thank you, Slick1! It really is a gorgeous design. I'm quite taken by it! Do you find that your sizing beads slide around or does the weight keep them under your finger?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty band! Are you sure that the ring is size 5.75? T&Co don’t usually do quarter sizes, so it might even be a six. Perhaps, it will be best to check in store and evaluate your sizing options.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really pretty band! Are you sure that the ring is size 5.75? T&Co don’t usually do quarter sizes, so it might even be a six. Perhaps, it will be best to check in store and evaluate your sizing options.

I'll do that. I'm not 100% sure it's a 5.75. I don't want to tell them I bought it on eBay lol!

I can't wait to pair it with the rose gold ACA solitaire! :)

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll do that. I'm not 100% sure it's a 5.75. I don't want to tell them I bought it on eBay lol!
You can just say that you got it as a gift and want to confirm the size and what your sizing options might be.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 Yes, actually the beads help the ring stay upright and they stay underneath. I really don’t feel them. I’ve also seen horseshoe shaped sizing bars that might be better for an eternity band. It’s so pretty! I’d make it work. :P2

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 Yes, actually the beads help the ring stay upright and they stay underneath. I really don’t feel them. I’ve also seen horseshoe shaped sizing bars that might be better for an eternity band. It’s so pretty! I’d make it work. :P2

I'm glad to hear that the beads keep your ring from spinning and are comfortable to wear.

Summer is coming = swollen, fluctuating finger size. I might wait a minute before making any long term changes.

I wouldn't want to wear it while washing dishes, showering, etc. High maintenance but so pretty! :kiss2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mspo04 - Seriously tempted by the Zina band. Do you find it "scratchy" in any way? I've got a Zales or Jared (can't remember which) band which looks great but isn't as smooth as my engagement ring and it's driving me insane!

No, not scratchy at all... it is the same height (or maybe even a smidge lower) than my ering shank and wedding band(s), so I don't feel anything.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E9777C25-7124-488A-9437-78E18F9D85C6.jpeg 33C910D5-5209-474B-8AE1-FE3B3C24741C.jpeg F74CA0A2-9166-4E5A-ABEF-6297584EB2F6.jpeg

I wanted to share a side by side photo comparison of the Tiffany Metro and Zina’s .19ctw micropave for reference.

The Zina band is on top and the Metro is on the bottom closest to the palm. Both are supposedly .19-.20 ctw eternity bands. I think the Metro is a smidge wider and the stones are slightly but noticeably larger. Both are lovely.

I do like the size of the Metro’s stones and the rose gold setting gives each diamond a more defined look.

Which one do you prefer?

Tagging @SimoneDi in case you’re interested!

Attachments

• C70D4249-B54D-42D6-83B2-8908BA66401A.jpeg
    C70D4249-B54D-42D6-83B2-8908BA66401A.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
03766360-C1C8-4788-B534-B73F5FCFE7D4.jpeg Also, the Metro I got is super loose and my jeweler put a temporary rubber thing from Amazon while I decide how/if I want to resize it. Not pretty but it actually protects the underside of the eternity band which is very practical for active people! Defeats the purpose of an eternity ring but it’s a cool, quick and safe option when one wants to wear loose rings.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV_

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post more shots please- Frontal and with only your ering

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Subtle differences but I have a clear favorite!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The metro?

Yup. The stones look larger and more defined and I just love it with the rose gold. The craftsmanship is just there plus it’s a Tiffany :kiss2:. But it’s also crazy overpriced. The Zina is a nice deal and she also sells bands with larger stones. What about you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results