shape
carat
color
clarity

besides jewelry...what are your other knowledgeable topics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
34.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
While I wouldn''t consider myself very knowledgeable on jewelry (still learning). I can say that I''ve worked for a bankruptcy attorney for five years and I know much, much more than the average consumer about bankruptcy law and procedure. I danced (ballet and tap) for several years as well and know a bit about that too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 4:30:33 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
While I wouldn''t consider myself very knowledgeable on jewelry (still learning). I can say that I''ve worked for a bankruptcy attorney for five years and I know much, much more than the average consumer about bankruptcy law and procedure. I danced (ballet and tap) for several years as well and know a bit about that too.
they must be very busy these days.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I was more knowledgeable about Diamonds. I learned what I had to to get what I wanted, and I def know what I like and don''t like. Other than that I''m kinda one of those people that knows a little about a lot. Something that shocks most men is my knowledge about boats. I love Boats! True Florida girl.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, hopefully immunology and specifically HIV infection, since I'm getting my PhD in that (although some days I certainly feel less like an expert than others
20.gif
). I would say honestly that I feel like I know a fair amount about medical science in general - certainly not enough to be a Dr. but enough to be useful in daily life.

Another big one for me would be pets, and especially dog training and behavior. I'd been lucky enough to be trained as a volunteer trainer with some of the best trainers around, and I've gotten to work with them and gain experience in all kinds of training and all kinds of dogs. I've also taken it upon myself to become educated about dog and cat nutrition so I can provide the best diet for my fur-babies.

Other than that, let's see...makeup, a lifelong obsession of mine...nutrition from my years as a ballet dancer...ballet, ditto...and I think that's about it
1.gif
But I LOVE to learn, so I hope to become expert in many more things over the next 26 years (or hopefully more
2.gif
)

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rats
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Snakes - pythons in particular
British politics
Old-fashioned roses
Analgesics
9.gif
- my pain consultant just loves me...
27.gif

I have mild Aspergers which tends to lead to deeply obsessive interests in certain things... some more bizarre than others (clay tobacco pipes I believe was considered my weirdest to date). I used to get teased about it enormously especially when I was at school - now people just think I''m a bit eccentric and I''ve tried to have more ''socially acceptable'' obsessions!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gardening - especially in cold climates!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fashion and soccer...also psychology to a certain extent.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teeth.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m studying veterinary so can answer quite a bit on that. My all time knowledgeable topic is probably S*x and the city! I still watch about two episodes daily and have won lots of table quiz''s.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dyslexia and learning disabilities

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Horses in general, dressage in particular.

Math (my bachelor''s is in Mathematics)

Software Development (that''s what I do and my minor was comp sci)

A bit about farming as I am a farmer''s daughter and soon to be farmer''s wife.

AG - Would love to learn more about nutrition. I''d like someone to design a nutrition program for me. :)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Composites, machining, sheet metal mfg., 9-ball, wind surfing, racing (motorcycles and cars), horticulture, stained glass, mid century furniture, home DIY (tiling, parquet flooring, wallpapering), bass fishing, reef aquariums, photography/darkroom (pre-digital), and silversmithing.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, my other knowledgeable topics include makeup/face care products. I''ve spent tons of time reading up on various creams/lotions/postions for having great skin (and have come to realize that drinking lots of water helps more than any/every product on the market!).

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Financial markets, economics, quantative and technical analysis, and dog and cat care, illnesses and treatment. Strange combination.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Video games - mostly history, design, and programming. And I have a tendency to remember the plotlines and character backstories from games I played years ago (original Mortal Kombat, anyone?).
And pastry. I bake when my hands hurt too much from button-mashing :)

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
American history, esp. the south. German, British, Russian, Brazilian, and Vietnamese history to a lesser degree. Victorian literature. Faulkner (thanks to a couple of colleagues who are Faulkner scholars). 19th century American silver and furniture, esp. southern.

I also get practically every 80s pop culture reference made on Psych, which has to be worth something!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I know a lot about British literature from the 15th and 16th centuries. And about British royalty (and I'm so not British by the way). And oddly enough, I know a TON about horses, and horse racing (I got really interested in it in elementary school and the interest never left). And Star Wars. I'm kind of a boring person, and a total nerd!
1.gif

EDIT: Bee I just saw where you listed SATC! I think I'm most expert on I Love Lucy - BF just about died when we got an ILL category on Jeopardy (we play against each other quite often) - that was fun!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
little bit of this and that LOL
The list is 2 long.....
Electronics, computers, software, networking, servers, internet, computer security, personal security, guns, ammo, reloading, shooting, HVAC, sheet metal, construction, diamonds, diamond design, diamond science, machining, drafting, cad/cam, materiel science and heat treating, welding, optics, survival, farming, gardening, emergency preparedness, emergency medicine, folk medicine,cooking, alternative energy, R&D in several industries, Im a bit stale but could hold my own in sound science and automotive and home AV systems and the list goes on and on LOL

I should have just left it as a bit of this and that....

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
not much on diamonds compared to everyone else
stationery/invitations/etiquette
Big Green Egg (grill)
I know a good bit about labs too (we breed them)
marketing (my bs degree)
I guess I am like some of the other posters..I know a little about a lot.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Trading stocks, biomedical sciences (except I forgot most of it that day I graduated and switched into the financial field), dog care and hemophilia. Tradergirl and I seem to have a lot in common. I also know way too much about Elvis Presley.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Handbags, shoes, listed derivatives and baby care!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 7:47:57 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Composites, machining, sheet metal mfg., 9-ball, wind surfing, racing (motorcycles and cars), horticulture, stained glass, mid century furniture, home DIY (tiling, parquet flooring, wallpapering), bass fishing, reef aquariums, photography/darkroom (pre-digital), and silversmithing.
i wasted a lot of money in the fish hobby,but never had a reef aquarium, they''re beautiful.
30.gif
i had a 240 gal saltwater tropical fish aquarium at onetime.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Medical knowledge. Not by choice. But have a knack for absorbing it.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:02:57 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/14/2009 7:47:57 PM
Author: purrfectpear
i wasted a lot of money in the fish hobby,but never had a reef aquarium, they''re beautiful.
30.gif
i had a 240 gal saltwater tropical fish aquarium at onetime.
Planted freshwater aquariums, have spent a kings ransom on them over the years!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
1. Interior Design (I have a Bachelor''s Degree)
2. Credit (from recently buying a house and spending countless hours on creditboards)
3. Diamonds (just enough to make me dangerous
27.gif
)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing.
3.gif

Seriously though... who can remember what life was like before now.

Wedding Planning.
Flowers.
Contracts.
Cats, somewhat.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:54:02 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

EDIT: Bee I just saw where you listed SATC! I think I''m most expert on I Love Lucy - BF just about died when we got an ILL category on Jeopardy (we play against each other quite often) - that was fun!

lol! D and I have done the SATC tour three times in New York and he cringes when he goes on it with me as I always win the quiz (plus the extra cupcake which he is always happy with). I''m just totally addicted to that show.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gardening, and a bit of camping and hiking.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results