shape
carat
color
clarity

besides jewelry...what are your other knowledgeable topics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Niccia, that is funny. We do!

Simply Splendid, how about "unlisted" derivatives
29.gif
You know, the ones that have our economy circling the drain.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Autism
Marketing
Advertising
Being a stepmom...not an easy job
country Living
Directions
Scrapbooking
Medical Billing
HIPPA laws

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
European history
women''s studies
music
dance
literature

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Psychology and Special education laws/methodology- Specifically Cognitive Impairment.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Math and flying.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Writing/rhetoric/composition, literature, civil war history, art, journalism/broadcast media

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 6:43:47 PM
Author: Babyblue033
Rats
2.gif

LOL
1.gif

But don''t forget the "special" kittens you love so much and take such wonderful care of
12.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 7:46:57 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
Horses in general, dressage in particular.

Math (my bachelor''s is in Mathematics)

Software Development (that''s what I do and my minor was comp sci)

A bit about farming as I am a farmer''s daughter and soon to be farmer''s wife.

AG - Would love to learn more about nutrition. I''d like someone to design a nutrition program for me. :)

I used to LOVE horses when I was a little girl - my parents had a ranch and I had my own horse and I adored him (I named him "Cinnamon Toast" LOL
3.gif
)

There are a ton of good resources out there on nutrition, and the basics are pretty straightforward to learn. I think that Sparkpeople.com and Self.com have some of the best information and meal plans that I''ve seen - I''d go check those sites out as a starting point
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:46:04 PM
Author: Clio
American history, esp. the south. German, British, Russian, Brazilian, and Vietnamese history to a lesser degree. Victorian literature. Faulkner (thanks to a couple of colleagues who are Faulkner scholars). 19th century American silver and furniture, esp. southern.

I also get practically every 80s pop culture reference made on Psych, which has to be worth something!

Ooh Clio - I really wish I''d been able to study more history in college (or since then). I only was able to take a couple of classes (European History and a cool seminar on the making of the Atomic Bomb), and its one of my few regrets - that must be such an endlessly fascinating area to be in - so much to learn!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fishing
European Cars
Martial Arts

Gee...it sounds terribly masculine, doesn''t it.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most definitely horses, I have been involved with them since childhood and I have extensive practical and theoretical knowledge with a special interest in equine veterinary topics.

Apart from that I have some knowledge and interest in some other subjects but these are very much secondary.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 1:08:24 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Medical knowledge. Not by choice. But have a knack for absorbing it.

Lisa - have you ever considered training/volunteering as a medical advocate? I''m sure you''re very busy, but I know that many of the HIV+ patients who are in my studies (and others my lab participates in) could really use some help with this and there are never enough people to do it.

Just a thought, maybe for some day...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
1) Medicine
2) Psychology and child development (my major was human development in college)
3) drawing/painting - for awhile I thought I was going to be an artist - I think I have now channeled that knowledge to decorating, and jewelry
4) I find I am above average on computers and other tech objects
5) history

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Gardening
I know somewhat about jewelry, want to learn alot more about diamonds.
Cars, old school muscle car more then newer modles. My Husband owns his Dads 69'' 426 Hemi GTX all original.

and with my fur babies I do know about animal care.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 1:48:43 PM
Author: SparkleNut
Gardening
I know somewhat about jewelry, want to learn alot more about diamonds.
Cars, old school muscle car more then newer modles. My Husband owns his Dads 69' 426 Hemi GTX all original.

and with my fur babies I do know about animal care.
23.gif
WOW!! what color? auto or 4 sp? how many miles on the car?

i love "ALL ORIGINAL" classic muscle cars from the 60's to early 70's. i had a couple of 70 camaro RS Z28. talk about horse power,it came with a 350 CID and 360 HP engine. even the exhaust smells different burning high octane gas. one was an automatic with 58k miles. the other one was copper color with a 4 speed,it had 9,800 original miles on it. the 4 sp has been in a couple of magazine articles. i sold it too cheap to a gentlemen from new york who flew to california for a couple hours just to see the car he then bought my car on the spot.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I am getting my PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology so I think I may be knowledgeable about topics pertaining to that (some days are better than others
20.gif
)
One of my degrees in undergrad was Psychology so I know a bit about that, as well.
I love fashion and try to keep up with designers...would have tried for a career in the fashion industry if I didn''t have a knack for science.
I work out with a personal trainer and played sports when I was younger so I know a bit about nutrition and fitness.

I think that is it!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I''m no expert, but I an can say that I''m knowledgeable in these areas:

Classroom Management

Effective Discipline in Children and Dogs

Student Engagement

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Literature, the history of fashion, MMA, and black holes

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 4:12:25 PM
Author: Haven
Literature, the history of fashion, MMA, and black holes

Ooooooh black holes!!! I love anything astronomy. One of my favorite channels is the Discovery Channel.

Oh, do tell about black holes. What are your theories?
10.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
African violets
Rolling Stones trivia
Titanic trivia

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
As others have stated, I''m by no means a jewellery expert, but know what I like.

English Lit
Spelling, grammar and punctuation
French Lit
Victorian silver
Fibromyalgia
7.gif

Chronic Fatigue
14.gif
The fibro and CFS from personal experience...
Etiquette
9.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Software development, sports cars, auto racing and contemporary interior design.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baking and Pastry
Shoes
Bettas
and I''m fantastic at recognizing signs of deteriorating relationships, as well as traits that allow for compatibility in relationships-basically I''m an excellent matchmaker and great at telling when a relationship is falling apart

But really, baking and pastry is ingrained in me. I wish I could get rid of it sometimes...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 7:10:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Baking and Pastry
Shoes
Bettas
and I''m fantastic at recognizing signs of deteriorating relationships, as well as traits that allow for compatibility in relationships-basically I''m an excellent matchmaker and great at telling when a relationship is falling apart

But really, baking and pastry is ingrained in me. I wish I could get rid of it sometimes...

Bettas as in fishes? Just curious.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah Betta/Siamese Fighting Fish. I never bred them or anything, but I was addicted and had more than I should have. And I read everything I could about them... And I certainly thought about breeding them...

ETA: I know quite a bit about dwarf hamsters too...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 7:31:10 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yeah Betta/Siamese Fighting Fish. I never bred them or anything, but I was addicted and had more than I should have. And I read everything I could about them... And I certainly thought about breeding them...

ETA: I know quite a bit about dwarf hamsters too...

Dwarf hamsters...now that is just too cute! I had a betta once when I had my first aquarium in 2003. He was the only one that survived that unfiltered, stagnant water. The other goldfish died the next day. I didn''t know any better.
39.gif

Can I ask how many bettas you owned at the same time? And how often did you have to change the water?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 4:33:38 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/14/2009 4:30:33 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
While I wouldn''t consider myself very knowledgeable on jewelry (still learning). I can say that I''ve worked for a bankruptcy attorney for five years and I know much, much more than the average consumer about bankruptcy law and procedure. I danced (ballet and tap) for several years as well and know a bit about that too.
they must be very busy these days.
Oh, DF, you have NO idea!!!
20.gif

DivaDiamond, are you a bankruptcy paralegal? I am too! Bankruptcy is only part of my job though . . . I also do litigation, criminal law and family law.
21.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 7:47:57 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Composites, machining, sheet metal mfg., 9-ball, wind surfing, racing (motorcycles and cars), horticulture, stained glass, mid century furniture, home DIY (tiling, parquet flooring, wallpapering), bass fishing, reef aquariums, photography/darkroom (pre-digital), and silversmithing.
Purrf, you and my DH would have much to discuss!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had 5 male bettas at one point (I was 18 and lived with my parents--not much room) three were in a 20 gallon tank that had a filter and a heater in it. They were separated by clear sheets of plastic that were perforated all over. Because of the danger of their long fins, they were also separated from the filter, so as to not get tired out. The other two were in 2 10 gallon tanks that didn't have filters, and I changed out the water about once every week and a half. I liked to give them a lot of room to swim around unlike those cups they have them in at the pet stores. For the filtered tank I rarely changed that water-probably did a little refresher about once every few weeks or so, because the filter was really too big for the tank, and they aren't exactly dirty. Having said all of that, they can live in really bad conditions. In the wild they live in puddles, so they can tolerate a bunch of bad stuff.

Do you have a betta? I love them. I keep thinking about getting another one, but we have too many animals as it is. (I'd have a zoo if I could though!)

And I love my dwarfies!!! They are adorable and when they come out and want to play it's the highlight of my day!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now, as for me:

1. Horses and riding, especially hunt seat equitation on the flat and over fences. I''ve been riding since I was two years old, and I bought my first horse three years ago. Also, I''m a part-time riding instructor and I LOVE IT!!!

2. Pennsylvania law, especially regarding civil litigation, criminal defense, bankruptcy, and family law (divorce, custody, adoption, etc.). I''ve been a paralegal for almost a decade!

3. Correct grammar and punctuation. (See #2 above! LOL!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results