shape
carat
color
clarity

besides jewelry...what are your other knowledgeable topics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I still have a lot to learn about diamonds but I do, at least, know where to go for good info!

As for things I know something about:

travel (b/c I am a good researcher)
parenting (not that I do it all right but I know what I should be doing)
pilates (a sprinkling)
fundraising for non-profits and political campaigns (local)
special event planning

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 4:55:51 PM
Author: platinumrock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:40:41 PM

Author: tlh

Date: 2/16/2009 3:28:39 PM

Date: 2/16/2009 3:13:23 PM

Interesting... LIBRA... born a month late... so I should be a Virgo... but I am at the cusp between Libra and Scorpio... astrology is sooo fun.
36.gif

I knew it! It takes one to recognize one.
3.gif
With Libra''s love for talk (can be a bit of a tease) and Scorpio''s fascination for sex, you are dangerous! You''re right, astrology is so fun! You''d be surprised how a lot of people fit the characteristics.
I LOVE YOUR TAG LINE... I just told my DH and he clapped his hands!
36.gif
My Dh is an aquarious... he totally balances me out.
9.gif

ETA: Yes, I can be a big tease!

Thank you! You mean about the peanut-butter-jelly-time, right? That''s so funny that he clapped his hands!
9.gif
I started doing the peanut-butter-jelly-dance when I read your post, and hubby started laughing. Will Ferrell was hilarious in that Elf movie!

Yes, you are definitely compatible with your Aquarius husband. Air definitely stirs up water to create waves.

Mine is a Sagitarrius. They say fire and water don''t mix, but there''s definitely steam.
11.gif

OMG Brian and PB&J time was a Jeopardy question! We saw it, and BF had no idea - I screamed out "Family Guy" and started doing the dance. Let''s just say BF looked at me like I needed to spend a little vacation in a white room.....
5.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:26:58 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Interesting... LIBRA... born a month late... so I should be a Virgo... but I am at the cusp between Libra and Scorpio... astrology is sooo fun.
36.gif

3.gif
With Libra''s love for talk (can be a bit of a tease) and Scorpio''s fascination for sex, you are dangerous! You''re right, astrology is so fun! You''d be surprised how a lot of people fit the characteristics.
36.gif
9.gif

Thank you! You mean about the peanut-butter-jelly-time, right? That''s so funny that he clapped his hands!
9.gif
I started doing the peanut-butter-jelly-dance when I read your post, and hubby started laughing. Will Ferrell was hilarious in that Elf movie!

Yes, you are definitely compatible with your Aquarius husband. Air definitely stirs up water to create waves.

Mine is a Sagitarrius. They say fire and water don''t mix, but there''s definitely steam.
11.gif

OMG Brian and PB&J time was a Jeopardy question! We saw it, and BF had no idea - I screamed out ''Family Guy'' and started doing the dance. Let''s just say BF looked at me like I needed to spend a little vacation in a white room.....
5.gif
THAT IS AWESOME! HAHA!
I am glad you and your hubby steam things up!
28.gif

Jeopardy! That is fantastic! I knew revolutionary war history would get old!
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

36.gif

3.gif
36.gif
9.gif

9.gif

11.gif

OMG Brian and PB&J time was a Jeopardy question! We saw it, and BF had no idea - I screamed out ''Family Guy'' and started doing the dance. Let''s just say BF looked at me like I needed to spend a little vacation in a white room.....
5.gif
Hahahaaa!!! That is tooo funny! It''s okay, you won''t be alone in the white room. TLH and I will meet you there.
31.gif

Peanut butter jelly
Peanut butter jelly
Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:33:09 PM

36.gif

3.gif
36.gif
9.gif

9.gif

11.gif

5.gif
THAT IS AWESOME! HAHA!
28.gif

36.gif
I can''t believe I''m taking about "steam" on PS. TLH, look what you made me did!
emembarrassed.gif

I wonder how Alex Trebec phrased that answer?

Alex Trebec: This dog dresses up as a banana and starts dancing to cheer up his best friend Peter Griffin on this FOX animated sitcom.

Contestant: Who is Brian on Family Guy!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:33:09 PM

36.gif

3.gif
36.gif
9.gif

9.gif

11.gif

5.gif
THAT IS AWESOME! HAHA!

28.gif

36.gif

Yes! I love questions like those!
1.gif
(plus i''m terrible at history, unless it involves British royalty or medieval and Renaissance Europe, lol)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:51:00 PM

Hahahaaa!!! That is tooo funny! It's okay, you won't be alone in the white room. TLH and I will meet you there.
31.gif

Peanut butter jelly

Peanut butter jelly

Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!

Yay! I just did the little dance
3.gif

EDIT: PR, I think the question was something like "On what show did the pet dog perform the PB&J song" or something like that
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh My, you guys are making me think of Will Ferrell impersonating Alex Trebeck on SNL ! And when they were doing Sean Connery, on geez that was hilarious
36.gif
9.gif

I started giggling at work just thinking about it, rofl!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:56:22 PM
Author: arjunajane
Oh My, you guys are making me think of Will Ferrell impersonating Alex Trebeck on SNL ! And when they were doing Sean Connery, on geez that was hilarious
36.gif
9.gif

Teehee, we made AJ giggle!
3.gif

OMG, Will ferrell impersonating Alex Trebeck would be classic! AJ, do you ever watch Inside The Actor''s Studio with James Lipton? Have you ever seen the SNL episodes with Will Ferrell impersonating James Lipton? There was this one episode called "Lipton meets Lipton". Will Ferrell interviews James Lipton as James Lipton.

I nearly fell off the couch!
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
9.gif

Oh gosh that''s so funny! The Sean Connery thing
3.gif

Did you guys see the Ken Jennings episode where the answer was, "Term for a man of loose morals - also a garden tool" and Ken said, "What''s a hoe?"
9.gif

Hey in his defense, that IS a garden tool...and a term for someone with loose morals....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 12:54:00 AM

36.gif
9.gif

Teehee, we made AJ giggle!
3.gif

OMG, Will ferrell impersonating Alex Trebeck would be classic! AJ, do you ever watch Inside The Actor''s Studio with James Lipton? Have you ever seen the SNL episodes with Will Ferrell impersonating James Lipton? There was this one episode called ''Lipton meets Lipton''. Will Ferrell interviews James Lipton as James Lipton.

I nearly fell off the couch!
9.gif
I think I know what you''re referring to, but I want to go home and look it up though
31.gif

Please tell me PT you have seen the Sean Connery jeapordy episodes - Sean just insults Trebeck the whole time and makes up dirty words, its totally hilarious!!
Its all over Youtube if you''re keen..
9.gif

BEG, I''m glad you remember - I also really like Alec Baldwin on SNL, his skits were always funny.
You can probably tell I haven''t watched it in awhile though - I wish we got it on regular TV here
39.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 7:10:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Bettas
Ohhh I love bettas too! I don''t have any right now but I went through a betta phase and even had one in my office for quite awhile
2.gif

I get a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to new things so I go through these phases where I have to know everything there is to know about whatever I''m interested in at the time. Some of the phases I went through are:

Rats (as mentioned before)
Cats (obviously STILL obsessed with these guys!
5.gif
)
Parrots
Hermit Crabs
Bettas
Cerebellar Hypoplasia (I now have 3 babies with this condition!
6.gif
)
FIP
Home improvements
Sewing (mostly quilting)
Crochet

Oh and I do have a degree in Graphic Design, which I no longer practice
20.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:14:51 AM

I think I know what you''re referring to, but I want to go home and look it up though
31.gif

Please tell me PT you have seen the Sean Connery jeapordy episodes - Sean just insults Trebeck the whole time and makes up dirty words, its totally hilarious!!
9.gif

BEG, I''m glad you remember - I also really like Alec Baldwin on SNL, his skits were always funny.
You can probably tell I haven''t watched it in awhile though - I wish we got it on regular TV here
39.gif
HA! I like those! My DH actually owns the best of Will Ferrell on SNL... it is sooo funny. I know I shouldn''t laugh at Norm McDonald doing his impersonations of Burt Reynolds and what not... but I like totally crack up! That and the "Cowbell" skit! OMG that is HILARIOUS! I''ve got a fever! hahah!
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 11:46:04 PM
Author: Clio

I also get practically every 80s pop culture reference made on Psych, which has to be worth something!

Me, too, Clio! I know way too much about late-80s, early-90s popular culture.
The useful side of my brain knows a ton about social class stratification and quantitative methodology.
I also have an extensive knowledge of gaming with a little too much emphasis on Nintendo and NCCGs.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 1:05:20 AM

36.gif
9.gif

Oh gosh that''s so funny! The Sean Connery thing
3.gif

Did you guys see the Ken Jennings episode where the answer was, ''Term for a man of loose morals - also a garden tool'' and Ken said, ''What''s a hoe?''
9.gif

Hey in his defense, that IS a garden tool...and a term for someone with loose morals....
LOL that''s a good one! BEG, what exactly is the proper term?
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 8:23:39 AM

Date: 2/17/2009 1:14:51 AM

31.gif

9.gif

39.gif
HA! I like those! My DH actually owns the best of Will Ferrell on SNL... it is sooo funny. I know I shouldn''t laugh at Norm McDonald doing his impersonations of Burt Reynolds and what not... but I like totally crack up! That and the ''Cowbell'' skit! OMG that is HILARIOUS! I''ve got a fever! hahah!
9.gif
TLH, OMG, Norm McDonald doing Burt Reynolds! Classic! And that "Cowbell" skit is one of my absolute faves!!! I Got a Fever! More Cowbells! And Will Ferrell is banging at the cowbell with his bellly hanging out.
3.gif

Clank.....Clank.....Clank.....Clank.....Clank.......

I used to think Christopher Warren was scary, but not after that skit!
30.gif

AJ, I just had to dig up that Sean Connery Jeopardy skit on YouTube. Gosh, I haven''t seen that in ages!

Trebek: This letter can be found under the word cat in the dictionary.
Connery: I believe you can find it in the R section.
Trebek: No no, not in the R''s.
Connery: Not in the R''s? That''s not what your Mama said.
Trebek: (Pauses)
Connery: What do you think of THAT, Trebek?!!

LMAO....
9.gif
But my all-time favorites have to be Chris Farley, Phil Hartman and Mike Meyers. SNL hasn''t been the same without them!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh God, now you've started something..I love the cowbell !!! That gets me every time!

some of my faves

Norm Mcdonals as Reynolds - calling himself Turd Furgeson, just because "its a funny name" rofl!!
Connery - messing up all the category names, like instead of "The Pen In Mightier" - he says "The Penis Mightier" - ROFLMAO!
Trebeck saying "Lets start with Fred Stewart who is grinning like an idiot"..

Oh man, I could go on all night - I'm literally crying with laughter watching this stuff again, thanks for the laughs guys.

And to anyone reading this who doesn't like or "get" SNL, I do apologize..especially for going so far off topic - I guess I'm knowledgeable on comedy, ha!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
When my DH and I started dating.. he made a CD of ALL those skits for our cross country drive. It was a total ice breaker. He was soo cute. I think he drove forever wearing my pink sunglasses! he forgot his! I really got a sense of his humor, and well... what can I say? It''s been fun ever since!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Physical and Forensic Anthropology
Investigative Forensics (all areas)
30.gif

Cars
Bully Breeds
Guns
Beer
...and yes, I am a chick.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singing. Not only doing it, but from an anatomical/acoustic perspective.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:07:12 AM
When my DH and I started dating.. he made a CD of ALL those skits for our cross country drive. It was a total ice breaker. He was soo cute. I think he drove forever wearing my pink sunglasses! he forgot his! I really got a sense of his humor, and well... what can I say? It''s been fun ever since!
Aww, what a cute icebreaker tlh - thats the same with Fi and I, we share Exactly the same sense of humour.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Pugs! No, really.
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a jack of all trades and a master at absolutely nothing. And I thought long and hard about it - but still, nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results