shape
carat
color
clarity

Benefits of Buying Online - My Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
I recently bought a RB diamond from Whiteflash and just got it appraised. I picked an ideal cut stone out of their Expert selection and it was appraised for $3000 more than what I paid. As nervous and unsure as I was about buying a diamond online, now I''m not sure I will ever buy one in a B&M store. My experience has been perfect, I strongly recommend at least considering the online route.

As a side note, I was also able to get Robbins Bros to do a price match on a Ritani setting that I wanted. Although they did it begrudgingly, they came down over $600 from their price to make this happen. I was originally going to buy the setting from BBB but Robbins Bros is much closer to my home, so I figured I''d give them a call and see if I could get them to match the price. To my surprise, they did. I attribute this to online vendors as well.

My point is...do your homework before you buy. If you''re going to buy a designer setting, shop around online, find a few places that carry the setting you want, and get the stores to compete with each other. Price guarantees/matches are difficult to get on stones since no two diamonds are alike, but settings are an entirely different story. Don''t be afraid to ask, you might be surprised when you get your way!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you esguy, and great advice. I can''t wait to see the ring!!! You did well and were a smart shopper indeed!!!!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on your purchase esguy!
36.gif

where are the pics?
20.gif

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Robbins Bros had to order the setting from Ritani (my gf wears a 4.75), so it''s going to be a few weeks before the setting comes in. Once I have the stone set in the ring, I''ll definitley post a few pics of it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh ritani
3.gif
sweet! can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 12:09:03 PM
Author: belle
oooooh ritani
3.gif
36.gif
What she said!
10.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 1:34:45 PM
Author: Patty

Date: 11/16/2005 12:09:03 PM
Author: belle
oooooh ritani
3.gif
36.gif
What she said!
10.gif
YUP, YUP, YUP.
30.gif

SHAY

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh sounds good, how about a link to the stone and setting while we wait for pictures?

esguy27

Shiny_Rock

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and I adore that mounting!

I had not seen or noticed that Ritani before that I can remember.

It''s very delicate looking but it has the extra bling of the stones on the basket. Beautiful!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very Cute!
36.gif

chil1

Rough_Rock
Good job! Q: Did you get the stone from WF lower than advertised? What is BBB? Does the stone get mailed to you and then you take it to Robbins? How did you find the setting at several places? Was it in stock at Robbins?

Sorry for the questions but I will probably attempt the same thing you did. Thanks.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I got the stone for slightly less than the advertised price you see using the link. Whiteflash gives a discount for Pricescope members.

BBB is lazy for Bailey, Banks, and Biddle, a jewerly store.

Yes, I bought the stone from Whiteflash and they FedEx''d it to me. Then I took it to an independent appraiser during the initial 10 day review period.

Robbins Bros had the setting I wanted in stock but it was a much bigger size than my gf wears. Rather than have them size it down 2 sizes, I had them order the exact size I need directly from Ritani. When it comes in in a few weeks, I''ll take my stone with me and they will set it while I wait.

As far as how I found several vendors that carried the setting I wanted, this board is the main reason. Find the setting you''re interested in and then ask around. Once you find a few jewelers that carry it, start making calls and test out your negotiating skills.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone!! and I LOVE that setting! I was under the impression (because this is what I''ve been told at B&M stores) that Ritani rings are sold only with stone-in already. This is great news! And your girl is going to be thrilled!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very well done esguy! love that dainty band
3.gif

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
SJS1234, I believe that is only true with their "Endless Love" collection. This setting is not part of that line and I had no problems getting the setting in a semi-mount.

KTM300

Rough_Rock
I think that setting is what I am looking for. Could it be made to take a Raidiant cut?

Thanks,
smh

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
esguy,
That''s a beautiful stone and the setting is lovely. Good job!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results