shape
carat
color
clarity

Bella Pictures & other Seattle wedding photographer HELP?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Hi Sparkalicious!

It looks like the ladies here have given you plenty of good advice and referrals already, but I''d like to share the photographer I chose for my wedding: http://www.brianleephoto.com/weddings/

I was referred to Brian through a friend who saw his work for Nike. He also does freelance work for the NY Times, Oregonian, etc. He''s based out of Portland, but works up and down the west coast (plus Portland and Seattle are SO close!) My FI and I met with Brian a couple of months ago and he was very cool and not pushy at all. He took detailed notes about the vision we had for our wedding and was open to customizing packages also.

Looking at your budget, I''m positive that you''ll be able to work something out with Brian. He hires a colleague photographer to shoot with him, not just an assistant, which I really like. His packages all give you all of the hi-res edited images on disk so that you can print extras on your own, as well as a custom proofbook and online image hosting.

My FI and I decided on the full day package for ~3000 (10 hrs!) and subbed the photobooth for an engagement photo session. I''m pretty crafty, so I''m planning on making our albums (3, one for each of our families and us).

Hope this helps!
Mayflower

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 4:57:59 PM
Author: modernsparkler
Hi Sparkalicious- sorry I have been MIA, I was out of town. Anyway, we actually talked to fiore blossoms, rented elegance, and countryside since they are so close to our venue. We are renting some items from rented elegance (check them out for amazing decor ideas but be forewarned that although they can transform a gym into a palace, it is expensive)!!! So, we just decided to have our florist rent the stuff we wanted from them and not use them as a vendor independently. As for flowers, they were really important to us and Anna''s was the 2nd most expensive but she did work with us a bit on the price and we just got along with her so well.

I hope you get to meet with Jen and Jody and keep me posted.

A September event at the Edgewater will be amazing.

Also- have you bought your dress yet? Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post. I bought mine at La Belle Elaine''s in Seattle and they were wonderful!

Keep me posted.
Hey Modernsparkler - no worries. I''ve been super busy as well.

Interesting. I think you made a great choice with Anna''s. I''m sure she will make your floral arrangements beautiful especially seeing as you get along so fabulously!

Well .... yes ... We did meet Jen and Jody! They were great. Such a nice couple. I was pleasantly surprised. Since they were not on my original hit list, so to speak, I wasn''t expecting me to have a strong reaction to them. Both my fi and I really liked them, their willingness to negotiate and make us happy and their genuine interest in us. Great ... Really impressed. No decisions yet though.

No dress yet. I''m waiting until nearer the end of this year or beginning of next year. I may hit you up then. I''ve been to La Belle Elaine''s and they do have a great selection and beautiful gowns.

Thanks so much for your help and fantastic recommendation! Such a welcome coincidene!!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 12:25:22 AM
Author: surfgirl
Sparks, how did your meeting go today???
31.gif
Sorry for the delay ins responding, SG. Just got back to work today and it''s been a rough one.
Busy, busy weekend but I did get to meet Cheryl! I saw your album or one that she made with your photos and it is gorgeous! Really beautiful.
Cheryl is fabulous. Great personality - sweet and talented. I couldn''t believe it was her b/c she looked so young.

We went through all of her albums and her really cool marketing pricing list stuff - never seen anything like this before ... really cute idea! She was willing to work with us pricewise and has several things going for her so ... now comes the hard part! Who do we choose?

We have to sit down and look at our budget and compare everyone b/c we had a couple of really good consults and get to work making a decision before anyone gets booked.

I will keep you updated and thanks for checking back. That is just so cool. I was thinking of you and hoping that you were as eager to know what I thought about Cheryl and her work as I was to meet with her. Thanks again.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 11:16:01 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I hadn''t even thought of this until just now. This is the gentleman who did my Senior photos and I also went on to do a Bridal mag shoot for him... in 1984. lol

He''s a very talented man..
http://christopherofkirkland.com/
SDL - Thanks for the recommendation! We just interviewed a whack of photographers over the weekend ... wish I would have seen this earlier.

Now ... about this bridal mag shoot - Do you have any pics???
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 12:30:07 PM
Author: Mayflower25
Hi Sparkalicious!

It looks like the ladies here have given you plenty of good advice and referrals already, but I''d like to share the photographer I chose for my wedding: http://www.brianleephoto.com/weddings/

My FI and I decided on the full day package for ~3000 (10 hrs!) and subbed the photobooth for an engagement photo session. I''m pretty crafty, so I''m planning on making our albums (3, one for each of our families and us).
Hi Mayflower!
35.gif

Thanks a lot! I was just responding to San Diego Lady and saying that I''m sorry I missed this. We pretty much wrapped up our interview process over the weekend at least I hope and are going to try to make some decisions now.
This would have been a great recommendation ... $3,000 for 10 hrs!!!!
23.gif
That IS fantastic! Some of the ones we''ve seen have ranged from $8,000 - $15,000 for 10 hrs -- $3,000 is a positive steal!

Thanks for taking the time to recommend this photographer. I can''t wait to see your pictures.
9.gif

Making your own albums ... Very nice! I am Im.pressed! I wish I could do the same. I would likely just end up glueing my fingers together and ruining our pictures so I will sell a lung but we will get our album made by our photographer. I SO envy you crafty girls.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you liked Cheryl! I cant say enough great things about her, she''s madly talented and coming from someone with a photo background, I dont say that about many photogs...
28.gif
What album of ours did she show you? Was it the coffee table book (like a hard cover book with rings on the front) or was it an actual leather album? What other marketing things does she have going on? She''s always onto the next big thing...you know Sparks...if you didn''t want an engagement shoot, you could substitute one of her boudoir sessions as a wedding gift for your guy
31.gif
...I might do that one of these days...her shoots are really quite amazing and tasteful...did she show you any?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 8:13:48 PM
I''m sorry I didn''t think to respond until now.

Unfortunately, the photos are still with my ex husband,
7.gif
he refuses to relinquish any photos I might want back. Actually, he kept A LOT of my things. I was 17 when I did the shoot.. (gross, I was the same age as my baby!) I was thrilled to be in Bride''s magazine.. :)
Hey SDL - okay ... with regards to your ex-husband - NO comment.
38.gif
I''m seriously irritated but not much more so than you, I''m certain. I am sorry. No words, seriously. What is more impt though is that you have the memory of how thrilled you were - worth far more than the item itself, right?

Big hugs ... I say that this is reason to take more model type pics now.
27.gif
31.gif
You''re a hottie. You know it.
25.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 8:31:34 PM
Author: surfgirl
I''m glad you liked Cheryl! I cant say enough great things about her, she''s madly talented and coming from someone with a photo background, I dont say that about many photogs...
28.gif
What album of ours did she show you? Was it the coffee table book (like a hard cover book with rings on the front) or was it an actual leather album? What other marketing things does she have going on? She''s always onto the next big thing...you know Sparks...if you didn''t want an engagement shoot, you could substitute one of her boudoir sessions as a wedding gift for your guy
31.gif
...I might do that one of these days...her shoots are really quite amazing and tasteful...did she show you any?
I knew you would be.
36.gif
I know that your praise is high praise - she showed us the coffee table book. Gorgeous. Made me almost reconsider getting an album. Love that style book. How great would that be to have as a book in your living room etc. With the leather albums, I swear I will make people wear white gloves to handle them.
32.gif

Hmm ... Difficult to describe the marketing but I''ll give it a shot. Think small square. Service menu on photo paper. Collage border of various shots of her work and "engagement session" and associated details inset in square in border. Several of these squares attached by a tiny heart thingy in the corner. I''m doing a terrible job. She was saying that one bride booked her because of this marketing material and how neat and unique it is. You really should have her send it to you ... Very nice and original.

Boudoir shots
31.gif
... why yes, I had considered them, in addition to, an e-session. I was actually teasing you with Cheryl saying that you should do some and I would page you asking to see them.
23.gif
Silly. I absolutely want to do them and she does a great job at it.

I really would like to take part of one of her "marathon" boudoir sessions. I was actually recommending some Seattle hotels for her to do it in. She switches between different fancy hotels to do these marathon sessions. Made me laugh though thinking what types of raised eyebrows she would be getting with various women traipsing in and out of the same room at one hour intervals. HA! Too funny.

So ... when are you going to bite the bullet and get those boudoir pics done? I have no doubt that yours will be stunning and dramatic and uber classy.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 7:56:24 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 8/2/2008 4:57:59 PM
Hi Sparkalicious- sorry I have been MIA, I was out of town. Anyway, we actually talked to fiore blossoms, rented elegance, and countryside since they are so close to our venue. We are renting some items from rented elegance (check them out for amazing decor ideas but be forewarned that although they can transform a gym into a palace, it is expensive)!!! So, we just decided to have our florist rent the stuff we wanted from them and not use them as a vendor independently. As for flowers, they were really important to us and Anna''s was the 2nd most expensive but she did work with us a bit on the price and we just got along with her so well.

I hope you get to meet with Jen and Jody and keep me posted.

A September event at the Edgewater will be amazing.

Also- have you bought your dress yet? Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post. I bought mine at La Belle Elaine''s in Seattle and they were wonderful!

Keep me posted.
Hey Modernsparkler - no worries. I''ve been super busy as well.

Interesting. I think you made a great choice with Anna''s. I''m sure she will make your floral arrangements beautiful especially seeing as you get along so fabulously!

Well .... yes ... We did meet Jen and Jody! They were great. Such a nice couple. I was pleasantly surprised. Since they were not on my original hit list, so to speak, I wasn''t expecting me to have a strong reaction to them. Both my fi and I really liked them, their willingness to negotiate and make us happy and their genuine interest in us. Great ... Really impressed. No decisions yet though.

No dress yet. I''m waiting until nearer the end of this year or beginning of next year. I may hit you up then. I''ve been to La Belle Elaine''s and they do have a great selection and beautiful gowns.

Thanks so much for your help and fantastic recommendation! Such a welcome coincidene!!
36.gif
So glad you liked Jen and Jody! I did appreciate that they would negotiate and they do make quite the impression! Keep them in mind although it seems like you have lots of great options.

Let us know what you final decision is.

Also, I went to Mom''s, Maid''s and More in Bellevue for bridesmaids and Mother of the Bride and Groom dresses. They had a HUGE selection and everyone found dresses they loved so I would recommend it.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 4:30:37 PM
So glad you liked Jen and Jody! I did appreciate that they would negotiate and they do make quite the impression! Keep them in mind although it seems like you have lots of great options.
Let us know what you final decision is.
Also, I went to Mom''s, Maid''s and More in Bellevue for bridesmaids and Mother of the Bride and Groom dresses. They had a HUGE selection and everyone found dresses they loved so I would recommend it.
Mom''s Maids & More is great. We''ve checked it out already and were quite happy. Thanks for the recommendation!
I will certainly be updating you. Just trying to make the decision is the hard part.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 8:50:42 PM
You''re so funny and very sweet.. I may contact Christopher to ask about those photos.. we shot for hours upon hours. It would be nice to have one anyway.
PLEASE do contact Christopher and keep us updated. We want pics! Don''t make me call him asking him for San Diego Lady''s pics ... I''ll do it.
25.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your input and assistance! At long last, my FI and I have made a decision about a photographer!

We interviewed so many talented photographers and we really liked most of them, which really made it difficult to ultimately make a decision. If I were to do it again, I would take more time than the many hours I already spent researching these photographers and only interview a maximum of 4. It is just so hard to decline the photographers who we didn''t select especially given that there was nothing "wrong" with them, per se.

We are really happy with our choice - We opted to go with Kelly Chandler www.kellychandler.com/blog/ as her photographic style is the one that most resonated with us. We also had a great consult and are confident that her personality will be a great fit with the rest of our wedding vendor team and with us and our wedding party and will deliver and outstanding end product. While we will not know for certain until after the fact, we are keeping our fingers crossed.

If you are in Seattle and are looking for a photographer, please let me know - I''d be happy to make some recommendations.

We have also finalized our selections for a florist, videographer and DJ so we are pretty excited as all of this "big" stuff is out of the way!

Thanks again for your help everyone!
35.gif
It was a pretty difficult decision for us so it was really nice to know that I could depend on the PS Community to help us out. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results