shape
carat
color
clarity

Bella Pictures & other Seattle wedding photographer HELP?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

This is a bit of a long post but my FI and I would really appreciate your help.

We are in the process of securing all of our major wedding vendors and I''ve stumbled upon some difficulty trying to select an appropriate photographer.

While we have an extensive list of Seattle based photographers we are in the process of interviewing, I came across Bella Pictures, http://www.bellapictures.com/, one night on The Knot and given their comprehensive packages, within my budget, I figured that they might be worth considering so we proceeded to book a consultation with them, just for the heck of it.

The consultation far exceeded my expectations and I was not given the hard sell at all. I guess I was just expecting some slick salesperson who was going to pressure us into a sale. Instead, we were delighted to meet a friendly and knowledgable consultant who was interested in what we were looking for for our wedding photography and was only there to share what Bella could offer.

Given that there is SOOO much negative feedback online, some legitimate, some not - I am really leery and am interested in knowing/hearing about any PS experiences with Bella pictures.

1) Have you used Bella pictures before?
If so, would you recommend them - Why or Why not?

2) If you would not recommend Bella pictures - are there any Seattle based photographers you would be happy to recommend?

Any assistance/suggestions that you are able to provide, in this regard, are greatly appreciated!!
12.gif

Here is a list of some of the other Seattle based photographers we are considering but some might be just a little outside of our budget ...

Any feedback/recommendations?

http://www.janeleephotography.com/

http://katemcelweephotography.com/

http://www.azzuraphotography.com/

http://www.starrphoto.net/

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
bump
1.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I used Bella and I couldn''t have been happier with the photos and the photographers. We ave received so many compliments regarding the photographers and photos. We got a package with two photographers and it was absolutely worth it. I could just go on and on about our photographers.

Here is a link to my teaser pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/teaser-weddings-pics.86815/

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What''s your budget?

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
Can''t say anything about Bella. If you want to look at more photographers, I''d check out the wpja.com website (haha i mention them way to much). Another thing to ask is how many weddings have they shot before at your venue or at a venue like it (some of these photographers seem really young)

Of the photographers links you put down from ones I liked least to best:

Azzura: The pics were way too touched up for me (really soft focus, color enhanced, fuzzy), almost all of their samples were posed shots. The website didn''t give any sense of the coverage they give to a wedding, and makes me suspicious that even out of POSED shots, the "best" are all from different weddings.

Starr: I liked that there was samples of one or two whole weddings. I found the pictures not v. clear or crisp, the sense of color a little off, and the black and white pictures a little grainy/or not enough contrast.

The other two are a style thing:

Jane Lee: I really like her sense of color, and the pictures are all v. flattering. Sometimes she gets too artsy with the shots to the point where the action/couple is a little bit lost. But I also liked that she at least gave you a small sample from the same wedding.

Kate McElwee: I liked the colors and crispness of her photos the best, they were flattering but still soft enough that you couldn''t see line/blemishes. On the other hand, nothing v. different or exciting about her shots. Also, the pictures weren''t too busy/distracting so your eyes quickly went to the couple or to the action. HOWEVER, she doesn''t have a whole wedding up, so it''s just an assembly of her best shots. That''s a little worrying...i''d def. ask to see a portfolio from one wedding!!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Spark, try Cheryl Jones at www.inaframe.com. She''s amazing! And she lives in Seattle but she''ll travel anywhere.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 3:20:29 PM
Author: aprilcait
I used Bella and I couldn''t have been happier with the photos and the photographers. We ave received so many compliments regarding the photographers and photos. We got a package with two photographers and it was absolutely worth it. I could just go on and on about our photographers.

Here is a link to my teaser pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/teaser-weddings-pics.86815/
Thank you, April! You''re pictures are beautiful!
36.gif
I love them!
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!!!

Would you mind sharing the name of this/these particular Bella photographer/s?? I would be interested in having my Bella consultant send me some more of their pics.

Thanks SO much ... I knew that I could count on the PS community to help me out in a bind.
16.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 3:52:10 PM
Author: surfgirl
What''s your budget?
Hey SG - We would like to stick under $4,000 ... $3,500 would be optimal!

For this, however, we would like the following:

Engagement session
Large Flush mount album
8 - 10 hrs photography coverage
Digital prints
Some proofs
An assistant or second photographer of some sort, if possible.
etc ...as I may be forgetting some stuff.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 3:54:06 PM
Author: peridot83
Can''t say anything about Bella. If you want to look at more photographers, I''d check out the wpja.com website (haha i mention them way to much). Another thing to ask is how many weddings have they shot before at your venue or at a venue like it (some of these photographers seem really young)

Of the photographers links you put down from ones I liked least to best:

Azzura: The pics were way too touched up for me (really soft focus, color enhanced, fuzzy), almost all of their samples were posed shots. The website didn''t give any sense of the coverage they give to a wedding, and makes me suspicious that even out of POSED shots, the ''best'' are all from different weddings.

Starr: I liked that there was samples of one or two whole weddings. I found the pictures not v. clear or crisp, the sense of color a little off, and the black and white pictures a little grainy/or not enough contrast.

The other two are a style thing:

Jane Lee: I really like her sense of color, and the pictures are all v. flattering. Sometimes she gets too artsy with the shots to the point where the action/couple is a little bit lost. But I also liked that she at least gave you a small sample from the same wedding.

Kate McElwee: I liked the colors and crispness of her photos the best, they were flattering but still soft enough that you couldn''t see line/blemishes. On the other hand, nothing v. different or exciting about her shots. Also, the pictures weren''t too busy/distracting so your eyes quickly went to the couple or to the action. HOWEVER, she doesn''t have a whole wedding up, so it''s just an assembly of her best shots. That''s a little worrying...i''d def. ask to see a portfolio from one wedding!!!
Wow! Peridot83!!

What a fantastic and detailed response! You''re thoughts/suggestions are SOOO helpful and a ranking to boot - You''re wonderful!!

I''m glad you don''t like Azzura''s pics - they are the MOST expensive and I was looking for a reason to justify not going with them. I love the "glamor" of their bridal shots as all the brides look so beautiful but I do find that the other shots are kind of lacking.

I love Jane Lee''s pictures/style and Kate McElwee has the best pricing and her pictures are nice as well. I''m so glad that you touched on some of the things that we are considering. For both of these photographers, I have requested to see complete albums so that we can better gauge their overall performance and decide whether or not they are a good fit to what we are seeking. It''s kind of hard to judge when you are just looking at an assortment of a photographer''s "best" shots, right?

I have consults with both Jane Lee & Kate McElwee so I will report back in after them to let you know what we thought ... that is coming up on the first weekend in August. I can''t wait!!

Hugs and big thanks for the assistance!!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 5:24:51 PM
Spark, try Cheryl Jones at www.inaframe.com. She''s amazing! And she lives in Seattle but she''ll travel anywhere.
Surfgirl - Excellent recommendation!!! THANK YOU!
I am sending her my contact info now. I would like to know more about her pricing.

By the way ... I''m pretty certain that I''ve seen that ring on her website as well as that dress before ...
25.gif
Gorgeous, by the way, but you know that already.

Whom should I tell her recommended me? I would like to be certain that you get credit for it.

Thanks SO much. You''re a
17.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkalicious. You are in luck. The photgraphers we used for our engagment shoot- ( www.jenandjody.com . I cannot say enough about them. They are artistic, such a pleasure to work with, and they really think outside the box. And I think they should fit within your budget. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Not to threadjack... but when/where in Seattle are you getting married?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:30:01 PM
Author: modernsparkler

Sparkalicious. You are in luck. The photgraphers we used for our engagment shoot- ( www.jenandjody.com . I cannot say enough about them. They are artistic, such a pleasure to work with, and they really think outside the box. And I think they should fit within your budget. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Modernsparkler - You''re kidding! My wedding planner has a call in with Jen & Jody and we are awaiting a response as I believe that they are on vacation.
That is amazing! I LOVE your e-pics & said as much in your thread. They look terrific. I was actually hoping that you might mention who your photographer was but never dreamed that it would be someone right here in Seattle! Lucky us!!
What are your names, I will be sure to let Jen & Jody know that we love your pics when we meet with them.

I will certainly let you know if I have any questions. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the suggestion!
36.gif

No threadjack at all ... always happy to talk about wedding stuff with people who are interested ...

We will be getting married on September 6 next year

Ceremony - Blessed Sacrament Church, here is a link to their website
Reception - The Edgewater Hotel, link

When are you getting married and do you know where yet? I''m so excited to "know" another Seattle bride.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 8:05:36 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 7/23/2008 6:30:01 PM

Modernsparkler - You''re kidding! My wedding planner has a call in with Jen & Jody and we are awaiting a response as I believe that they are on vacation.
That is amazing! I LOVE your e-pics & said as much in your thread. They look terrific. I was actually hoping that you might mention who your photographer was but never dreamed that it would be someone right here in Seattle! Lucky us!!
What are your names, I will be sure to let Jen & Jody know that we love your pics when we meet with them.

I will certainly let you know if I have any questions. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the suggestion!
36.gif

No threadjack at all ... always happy to talk about wedding stuff with people who are interested ...

We will be getting married on September 6 next year

Ceremony - Blessed Sacrament Church, here is a link to their website
Reception - The Edgewater Hotel, link

When are you getting married and do you know where yet? I''m so excited to ''know'' another Seattle bride.
Glad I could help. Like I said - I cannot say enough good things about Jen and Jody. And yes, they were on vacation---- here in Boston (where FI and I live now) do do our e-pics and to do a wedding in Rhode Island. When we met with them a few months ago we told them where we lived and they offered to do our e-pics here. They are a husband and wife pair and both work full time at their engagements. Jen has been doing pics for a long time and has done tons of weddings. She has a very creative eye. Jody is more technical and really knows how to create shots with lighting, backdrops, etc. Together they are a great pair and have been a pleasure to work with thus far!

I can''t imagine that they would mind us advertising their great work on pricescope, but just in case perhaps you coud say you saw our pics on their blog http://blog.jenandjody.com/ We are Tyler and Jessica.
35.gif

We are getting married on May 30th, 2009 at Sahalee Country club. I graduate medical school in early May and we are hoping to move back to Seattle for residency... keeping our fingers crossed for that. I am not sure how far along you are in your planning but I have set up a lot of our vendors as we are planning from afar and I would be happy to offer you recs. if you want them.

Best of luck and let me know how it turns out.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:15:15 PM
Date: 7/23/2008 5:24:51 PM

Surfgirl - Excellent recommendation!!! THANK YOU!

I am sending her my contact info now. I would like to know more about her pricing.

By the way ... I''m pretty certain that I''ve seen that ring on her website as well as that dress before ...
25.gif
Gorgeous, by the way, but you know that already.

Whom should I tell her recommended me? I would like to be certain that you get credit for it.

Thanks SO much. You''re a
17.gif
Spark, tell Cheryl the couple that eloped to Orcas last August referred you...She''ll know who...I cannot say enough great things about her. She has a gift and she''s quite different from other wedding photogs I''ve seen. She''s into the photojournalist perspective and she has a very nice way of working with you, and she''s very good at after-processing and turning so so photos into amazing photos. I think she can hook you up within your budget. She also offers about 10 or so online photos within a couple of days after your wedding, and you can also request an online slide show (it''s extra to purchase it, but we did it because we eloped and wanted people to be able to see photos asap). She also is now offering a really luxe album offer with her higher end packages. I''ve seen the albums, they''re Italian leather and gorgeous...! Make sure whatever you do, you get fill JPEG files included in your package so you have your photos forever to print as you like.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 9:26:13 PM
Glad I could help. Like I said - I cannot say enough good things about Jen and Jody. And yes, they were on vacation---- here in Boston (where FI and I live now) do do our e-pics and to do a wedding in Rhode Island. When we met with them a few months ago we told them where we lived and they offered to do our e-pics here. They are a husband and wife pair and both work full time at their engagements. Jen has been doing pics for a long time and has done tons of weddings. She has a very creative eye. Jody is more technical and really knows how to create shots with lighting, backdrops, etc. Together they are a great pair and have been a pleasure to work with thus far!

I can''t imagine that they would mind us advertising their great work on pricescope, but just in case perhaps you coud say you saw our pics on their blog http://blog.jenandjody.com/ We are Tyler and Jessica.
35.gif

We are getting married on May 30th, 2009 at Sahalee Country club. I graduate medical school in early May and we are hoping to move back to Seattle for residency... keeping our fingers crossed for that. I am not sure how far along you are in your planning but I have set up a lot of our vendors as we are planning from afar and I would be happy to offer you recs. if you want them.

Wow! How great that they offered to do your e-pics in Boston for you. That''s a bit of a treat, isn''t it?! This way you will have different locations for e-pics vs. wedding pics. Love it!

And, yes, you are on their blog, aren''t you?! Who would have known that a fellow PSer would be there?! I was just checking out their blog the other day. Such great work and it sounds as though they compliment each other perfectly and it definitely shows in their pictures. I look forward to hearing from them and scheduling a consult.

Congratulations on your engagement and your soon to be graduation! I hope you do get to move to Seattle if that is where you guys would like to be. It''s beautiful.

Thanks so much for the offer and vendor recommendations ... I will most certainly take you up on your offer! We were just engaged in March and so far we have already or are working on ...

- Booked our venue & ceremony sites
- Booked wedding planner - Janel Schlitt w/ Occasions, LLC
- Started invitations - Brown Sugar Designs is working on a mock up for us and I hope to see what they have come up with on Aug 2! So excited!!

- Booking a photographer (interviewing those mentioned etc)

- Booking a florist - I love both Aria Style and Athena Floral (
30.gif
her work) and will be interviewing Flora Nova in August and then hoping to make a decision ... I may also interview Loves Me Flowers & Floresscence to see if I can get the same quality but a little more bang for my buck.

- Booking a DJ - Consults set up for both Austin Beaver & Greg Lowder

This is pretty much it. We want to have all of these vendors wrapped up and booked by the beginning of September so that we can relax a little.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 10:00:16 PM

Spark, tell Cheryl the couple that eloped to Orcas last August referred you...She''ll know who...I cannot say enough great things about her. She has a gift and she''s quite different from other wedding photogs I''ve seen. She''s into the photojournalist perspective and she has a very nice way of working with you, and she''s very good at after-processing and turning so so photos into amazing photos. I think she can hook you up within your budget. She also offers about 10 or so online photos within a couple of days after your wedding, and you can also request an online slide show (it''s extra to purchase it, but we did it because we eloped and wanted people to be able to see photos asap). She also is now offering a really luxe album offer with her higher end packages. I''ve seen the albums, they''re Italian leather and gorgeous...! Make sure whatever you do, you get fill JPEG files included in your package so you have your photos forever to print as you like.
Surfgirl - Done! Thanks! It was a little embarrassing initially trying to explain how I found out about her but I remembered the Orcas Island bit and she knew who I was talking about right away. I''m sure that she will be in touch with you.

I have contacted Cheryl and she sounds terrific! Prompt with her response and so friendly!
I''ve booked a consult with her for August 4 so I am excited to meet with her and see her work in person. I can''t thank you enough for the recommendation. I appreciate you stopping in to share this suggestion.

I''m glad to hear about the album as well b/c that''s pretty important to us as are the Digital files.

Thanks again! ... I will update you to let you know how it goes.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:04:47 PM

Date: 7/23/2008 3:20:29 PM

Thank you, April! You''re pictures are beautiful!
36.gif
I love them!
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!!!

Would you mind sharing the name of this/these particular Bella photographer/s?? I would be interested in having my Bella consultant send me some more of their pics.

Thanks SO much ... I knew that I could count on the PS community to help me out in a bind.
16.gif
My photographers were Daniel Henry and Vanessa Ard. I''m from the DC area, though. SO I''m allllllllllllllllllll the way across the country from you. Now, I know that Daniel has a wife and a daughter, so he might not be into traveling. Vanessa (though married with a step-daughter), I could see her possibly traveling. Here is Daniel''s website: http://www.danielsweddings.com/, and here is Vanessa''s website: www.vanessasphotography.blogspot.com. I really loved working with them both... such fun, down-to-earth people with great talent.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 10:23:45 PM

Date: 7/23/2008 9:26:13 PM

I can't imagine that they would mind us advertising their great work on pricescope, but just in case perhaps you coud say you saw our pics on their blog http://blog.jenandjody.com/ We are Tyler and Jessica.
35.gif

Wow! How great that they offered to do your e-pics in Boston for you. That's a bit of a treat, isn't it?! This way you will have different locations for e-pics vs. wedding pics. Love it!

And, yes, you are on their blog, aren't you?! Who would have known that a fellow PSer would be there?! I was just checking out their blog the other day. Such great work and it sounds as though they compliment each other perfectly and it definitely shows in their pictures. I look forward to hearing from them and scheduling a consult.

Congratulations on your engagement and your soon to be graduation! I hope you do get to move to Seattle if that is where you guys would like to be. It's beautiful.

Thanks so much for the offer and vendor recommendations ... I will most certainly take you up on your offer! We were just engaged in March and so far we have already or are working on ...

- Booked our venue & ceremony sites
- Booked wedding planner - Janel Schlitt w/ Occasions, LLC
- Started invitations - Brown Sugar Designs is working on a mock up for us and I hope to see what they have come up with on Aug 2! So excited!!

- Booking a photographer (interviewing those mentioned etc)

- Booking a florist - I love both Aria Style and Athena Floral (
30.gif
her work) and will be interviewing Flora Nova in August and then hoping to make a decision ... I may also interview Loves Me Flowers & Floresscence to see if I can get the same quality but a little more bang for my buck.

- Booking a DJ - Consults set up for both Austin Beaver & Greg Lowder

This is pretty much it. We want to have all of these vendors wrapped up and booked by the beginning of September so that we can relax a little.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
You seem to really have it together for just getting engaged in March! We have a great coordinator at our venue so we won't be doing a planner. We have our florist- Anna's flowers who does amazing work! She and I really hit it off and she really understood my vision. My mom and I were totally awed by her stuff and she was actually recommended by Jen and Jody. We interviewed 3 florists and she was by far the best and her prices were not as bad as I thought they would be.

Music- this was an area we are really particular about so we booked the michael benson band. They are supposed to really get the party going at weddings and we love the variety of music they play. (and they have also been voted the knot's pick for best of weddings in seattle for the past 5+ years. (Jen and Jody also got this honor this year)

Cake- New renaissance cakes. They were delish!

Invites and other details are still in the works and our next big step is our save the dates-we are going to use some photos from our engagment session.

Hopefully that is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 9:08:06 AM
My photographers were Daniel Henry and Vanessa Ard. I''m from the DC area, though. SO I''m allllllllllllllllllll the way across the country from you. Now, I know that Daniel has a wife and a daughter, so he might not be into traveling. Vanessa (though married with a step-daughter), I could see her possibly traveling. Here is Daniel''s website: http://www.danielsweddings.com/, and here is Vanessa''s website: www.vanessasphotography.blogspot.com. I really loved working with them both... such fun, down-to-earth people with great talent.
Aprilcait -- Thank you for sharing your photographers and providing their website info. Verrry helpful!

I rec''d some photographer selections from Bella and I really like one of them. I''m so confused about who to go with but Bella definitely has the best pricing!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 5:32:19 PM

We have our florist- Anna''s flowers who does amazing work! She and I really hit it off and she really understood my vision. My mom and I were totally awed by her stuff and she was actually recommended by Jen and Jody. We interviewed 3 florists and she was by far the best and her prices were not as bad as I thought they would be.

Thanks Modernsparkler!! Very helpful indeed! Thank you.

Anna''s flowers - Hmm... I will check her out. Who else did you interview, if you don''t mind me asking?

I''m pretty bummed b/c I had a consult set up with a DJ I really wanted for our date and he just informed us yesterday that another couple who had met with him earlier about our date had actually booked him & sent in their contract etc. I''m so disappointed. He came so highly recommended! I thought I was doing all of this early enough to avoid this type of disappointment.
14.gif

I will definitely be inquiring with New Renaissance - In a couple months time. Their stuff just looks amazing!

I can''t wait to see how your day turns out. Sounds as though it is lining up beautifully!

Thanks again for your assistance. I''ll keep you updated with regards to my photography choice and anything else you might be interested in.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Spark, please dont make a decision until you meet with Cheryl...She''s a gem. My personal feeling is that I''d always choose a local photographer over a chain corporate operation. No disrespect to anyone who''s used Bella but they are a national company and I''m all about contributing to local artists, which some wedding photogs are...Same with floral, I always prefer going to local shops over chains. But that''s just me.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Bella Photographers are local talent that are also associated with Bella. Both of my photographers only got some of their photography work from Bella.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 1:44:11 PM
Spark, please dont make a decision until you meet with Cheryl...She''s a gem. My personal feeling is that I''d always choose a local photographer over a chain corporate operation. No disrespect to anyone who''s used Bella but they are a national company and I''m all about contributing to local artists, which some wedding photogs are...Same with floral, I always prefer going to local shops over chains. But that''s just me.
Surfgirl - I agree. Fantastic, sound advice. Thank you.

I''m struggling with that exact issue. Local vs chain. I like many of the local photographers but their pricing isn''t as competitive. This is where the conflict arises. If I can get a fantastic photographer for a competitive price, how do I fight that, right?

I absolutely won''t be making a decision until I meet with her. She is definitely a contender! We have 5 consults, including Cheryl, and we won''t be making a decision until after all of them.

If you are able to look at another thread I just created paging Periot 83, you''ll see what I''m talking about. One artist is local and the other does work with Bella - which would you choose based on talent or the actual product they produce?
I would sincerely appreciate your opinion as I''m confused.
2.gif

With regards to everyone else - All local Seattle vendors. No chains so we''re all good in that regard.

Thanks for your help/advice/suggestions. I can''t tell you how much I appreciate it.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Good point, Aprilcait - Many of the photographers that they suggested to fit my "preferred" style are based in Seattle.

The one I like the best is based out of California. I actually posted a link to the website in another thread.

What do you think?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Spark, I liken the chain vs. local like this...Many people are complaining about so many jobs and products being made abroad and thus, losing jobs, etc. for people here in the US. However, most of those people complaining probably shop regularly at places like Wal Mart, etc. exactly because stuff is so cheap there. But it''s cheaper because a larger chain can afford to do mass quantities and therefore, reduce prices, making them cheaper than the small owned shop/businesses that cannot compete with large scale chains. Does that make sense? I hope you will be able to find someone local AND get the price point you want to stay at! Also, dont be afraid to negotiate deliverables. Such as - if you dont want an online slide show and it''s part of the package in your price range, ask for a price reduction by removing options you dont want, OR ask for an option substitution for things you really want but that may not be included in your price point package...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Threadjack!!

Spark, the Edgewater?!?! I''m jealous!!! How beautiful!

And Modern, Sahalee?!?! Love it! My parents have friends that live in that neighborhood.

Seattle shout out! Hehe. Okay that''s all.
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 6:13:51 PM
Author: sunnyd
Threadjack!!

Spark, the Edgewater?!?! I''m jealous!!! How beautiful!

And Modern, Sahalee?!?! Love it! My parents have friends that live in that neighborhood.

Seattle shout out! Hehe. Okay that''s all.
35.gif
Hi Sunnyd! I was hoping that you would stop in!
35.gif

Thanks ... I love The Edgewater as well. I really hope it will be beautiful.

I actually posted this thread - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seattle-wedding-planners-my-interviews-and-impressions.90731/ with people like you in mind. I was hoping it might be helpful for those in the midst of planning or thinking of planning a wedding. When I was researching a planner, there was little "real life" experience reviews out there so I thought that I would share my experience and hope that it helps out someone else. Nobody''s responded so far so ... maybe it''s not as helpful?
39.gif
1.gif

I was thinking ... We should go on a field trip to Green Lake Jewelry Works together some time.
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 4:41:42 PM
Spark, I liken the chain vs. local like this...Many people are complaining about so many jobs and products being made abroad and thus, losing jobs, etc. for people here in the US. However, most of those people complaining probably shop regularly at places like Wal Mart, etc. exactly because stuff is so cheap there. But it''s cheaper because a larger chain can afford to do mass quantities and therefore, reduce prices, making them cheaper than the small owned shop/businesses that cannot compete with large scale chains. Does that make sense? I hope you will be able to find someone local AND get the price point you want to stay at! Also, dont be afraid to negotiate deliverables. Such as - if you dont want an online slide show and it''s part of the package in your price range, ask for a price reduction by removing options you dont want, OR ask for an option substitution for things you really want but that may not be included in your price point package...
I hear you, Surfgirl. Thanks - definitely considering the package options and trying to bring down the pricing. Our consultations are all lined up for August 1 - 4 so I will report back in and let you know what we thought of everyone''s work, in person.

Which photographer''s work do you prefer in my other thread paging Peridot 83 - any, in particular, or are they both on par, as you see it?

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 1:36:26 PM

Date: 7/24/2008 5:32:19 PM

We have our florist- Anna''s flowers who does amazing work! She and I really hit it off and she really understood my vision. My mom and I were totally awed by her stuff and she was actually recommended by Jen and Jody. We interviewed 3 florists and she was by far the best and her prices were not as bad as I thought they would be.

Thanks Modernsparkler!! Very helpful indeed! Thank you.

Anna''s flowers - Hmm... I will check her out. Who else did you interview, if you don''t mind me asking?

I''m pretty bummed b/c I had a consult set up with a DJ I really wanted for our date and he just informed us yesterday that another couple who had met with him earlier about our date had actually booked him & sent in their contract etc. I''m so disappointed. He came so highly recommended! I thought I was doing all of this early enough to avoid this type of disappointment.
14.gif

I will definitely be inquiring with New Renaissance - In a couple months time. Their stuff just looks amazing!

I can''t wait to see how your day turns out. Sounds as though it is lining up beautifully!

Thanks again for your assistance. I''ll keep you updated with regards to my photography choice and anything else you might be interested in.

Hi Sparkalicious- sorry I have been MIA, I was out of town. Anyway, we actually talked to fiore blossoms, rented elegance, and countryside since they are so close to our venue. We are renting some items from rented elegance (check them out for amazing decor ideas but be forewarned that although they can transform a gym into a palace, it is expensive)!!! So, we just decided to have our florist rent the stuff we wanted from them and not use them as a vendor independently. As for flowers, they were really important to us and Anna''s was the 2nd most expensive but she did work with us a bit on the price and we just got along with her so well.

I hope you get to meet with Jen and Jody and keep me posted.

A September event at the Edgewater will be amazing.

Also- have you bought your dress yet? Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post. I bought mine at La Belle Elaine''s in Seattle and they were wonderful!

Keep me posted.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sparks, how did your meeting go today???
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results