shape
carat
color
clarity

Belated Christmas Gift to Myself

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I always try and get myself a Christmas gift, and this year was no exception (last years was my BBA strand)

I wanted an edison pendant, and Hisano has been helping me out. Its a simple little pendant I will wear on a long gold chain. She sent me some pictures of the ones with nice intense colors.

edison.jpg
glamour lighting
edison-2.jpg
natural lighting

At first I was drawn to Number one, that pearl is EXTREMELY special. But I thought it would be more suited to a ring, rather then a pendant (my own opinion) so I decided to go with something more dumpling shaped (I believe its still available, Id love a PSer to get it, its gorgeous! I just don't wear pearl rings and it would be a waste just sitting in my safe)

I was originally drawn to numbers 5 and 6 but after seeing natural light I really loved number 2. I also fell in love with 2's plump little bottom!

So I am getting him with the woven setting in YG. (pictured is WG)
edison-4.jpg

I put off my Christmas gift until now because I have been so busy with work!
I just ordered him so it maybe awhile until I get him, no matter! Something to look forward too!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent choice! I think #2 is the perfect pendant pearl. :appl:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ckrickett, no.2 was my pick for you, love it! I love the finding too!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Looks really good - it will be fantastic in a long pendant.

Please post the pictures when it is complete.

:wavey:

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Can you please let us know the mm size??? As per my previous thread I am also on the hunt for a large pearl ( edison seems like the best choice) for a pendant on a long chain.

good luck - can't wait to see it - the pearl is stunning

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Love this...I also love #6...but really any of these are wonderful options. I also love that mounting...I've used it for several fat bottomed drop Tahitians. It really looks great on a chain.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
D2B|1454227274|3984536 said:
Can you please let us know the mm size??? As per my previous thread I am also on the hunt for a large pearl ( edison seems like the best choice) for a pendant on a long chain.

good luck - can't wait to see it - the pearl is stunning

this particular pearl is around 15-16mm the others are around 14-15mm

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1454264293|3984690 said:
Love this...I also love #6...but really any of these are wonderful options. I also love that mounting...I've used it for several fat bottomed drop Tahitians. It really looks great on a chain.

I was really torn between 2 and 6. I really loved the colors of 6 (like a rainbow) but I loved the peachy colors of 2 and 2s fat little shape.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
You cannot go wrong with any of them, all so lovely!

Promise you will share the pendant when completed!

Q

Queenie60

Can't wait to see when finished :love: :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Just got a glamour shot! I should get it by the end of the week. I love it! :love: :love: :love:

edison_0.jpg

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Cant wait to see the real life shot for colour and perspective - it really looks fantastic - the gold looks great

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, ckrickett! Happy belated Christmas to you!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I got it, and its so pretty! Here are a few pics!

fullsizerender_132.jpg
fullsizerender_1_39.jpg

fullsizerender_3_10.jpg
fullsizerender_2_17.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute-- the color, the shape. Perfect!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett, your new pendant turned out beautifully! I especially love the shape and luster on it, just awesome :love:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, and I love that bail on it, simple yet bold.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh my - so beautiful - love the colours :love:
How was the colour of the pearl described? curious to see how PP describes it and how it looks iykwim in photos.
It is stunning.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
D2B|1455706456|3991992 said:
Ohh my - so beautiful - love the colours :love:
How was the colour of the pearl described? curious to see how PP describes it and how it looks iykwim in photos.
It is stunning.
Eep, just saw this, sorry it took so long to respond.

When I contacted PP about the pendant all I asked for was larger then 14MM and intense interesting colors and great luster. Those are the ones Hisano pulled out.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love this pearl and the yellow finding, how long is the chain you wearing with the black shirt in this thread?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearl and I love that pendant setting! It looks so much nicer in your photos compared to the stock photos.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1458012720|4005441 said:
I love this pearl and the yellow finding, how long is the chain you wearing with the black shirt in this thread?

its 26 inches I believe, but I want to get a 30 or 36 inch one for it.
I really like LONG pendants!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1458055117|4005622 said:
Frost Me|1458012720|4005441 said:

its 26 inches I believe, but I want to get a 30 or 36 inch one for it.
I really like LONG pendants!

Thanks for responding ckrickett I love 36" too!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So inquiring minds want to know: where do you find super long chains? The longest I have seen at jewelry stores here is 22 inches.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
My only concern with the really long pendants, is when I sit down at a table, I bend over slightly and they swing forward and the pendant bangs into the table.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1458097313|4005956 said:
So inquiring minds want to know: where do you find super long chains? The longest I have seen at jewelry stores here is 22 inches.

If you want really cheap ones I find them on amazon. Other times I make them myself or have my jeweler whip one up.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1458134025|4006078 said:
My only concern with the really long pendants, is when I sit down at a table, I bend over slightly and they swing forward and the pendant bangs into the table.

I used to have this problem, but I wear pendants so frequently I trained myself to hold them against me while I sit, although sometimes I do forget

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love it ! I love a long chain with a big pearl ! But I hear you with the comments on the drawbacks. But when you are used to it you do make allowances for the length. And...when I walk in the house...all long necklaces come OFF straight away. That way I won't forget and snap them on a drawer handle! Well done...looks fabulous!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently snapped a long multi-chain necklace by snagging it on a knob on my desk (center keyboard drawer has a knob....grrrrr!), so I think if I go this route I will need to look for an inexpensive one just in case. My multi strand was a Christmas gift and I did it the first time I wore it. So unhappy with myself! (I ended up buying a replacement and don't wear it to work anymore).

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would first purchase a non 14Kt chain to see if I would liked wearing a big pearl long, and I do. I found for 24" cable chain Sterling Silver but it's yellow gold in color , not sure if it has a vermeil overlay on it or not. It's by KARIZIA made in Italy, at TJMaxx. A 30" or 36" I haven't found yet. I feel sterling would be strong. I never get comments on my Tahitian drop strand, EVER. Recently I have received many comments on the round blue Tahitian on the long chain. :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results