shape
carat
color
clarity

Being engaged without an engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 4:44:43 AM
Author: Larissa
I agree with Indie.

I know that I changed my mind a lot and went back and forth tons!! Sometimes I just wanted to be engaged *right now* and didn''t care at all about if there was a ring. Other times I would have waited 2 plus years to get the ring of my dreams. Even now after being married for almost a year I swing back and forth between not wearing a ring, being happy with the one I have, and wishing we had waiting until we could afford a larger ring.

I think this is part of the reason that I like the idea of proposing with a wedding band so much. It''s a ring, a very meaningful ring at that, with no pressure to make an immediate decision about the engagement ring. It can be decided later if she wants a smaller engagement ring now, no engagement ring at all, or to pay off the debt and save for the ring of your dreams.

I think you''re both right. I''m sure she''s still excited about it; I want to ensure I''m doing it at a time that''s right for both of us. Thanks everybody.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results