clarity

Before and After

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That's such a transformation!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this because that ring looks like something royalty would wear. It's absolutely gorgeous, ornate, and blingy!! Just my kind of ring!! The emerald is yummy too!! :lickout:

BTW, you made that first ring look more hideous than ever by posting the after pics. I really see how horrible it was now. That poor emerald!! Now it has a setting that does it justice!! :appl:

I have an emerald that I just took out of a hideous setting, it's that color, and I'm thinking 18K now. Just gorgeous.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1301238848|2881146 said:
I keep coming back to this because that ring looks like something royalty would wear. It's absolutely gorgeous, ornate, and blingy!! Just my kind of ring!! The emerald is yummy too!! :lickout:

BTW, you made that first ring look more hideous than ever by posting the after pics. I really see how horrible it was now. That poor emerald!! Now it has a setting that does it justice!! :appl:

I have an emerald that I just took out of a hideous setting, it's that color, and I'm thinking 18K now. Just gorgeous.

You may address us as Queen Kismet now. :lol:

Yes, hideous setting aside, the white gold did nothing for the emerald really. I think 18k (or higher) is definitely the way to go for your emerald. What kind of setting do you have in mind for it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1301327207|2881840 said:

Yes, hideous setting aside, the white gold did nothing for the emerald really. I think 18k (or higher) is definitely the way to go for your emerald. What kind of setting do you have in mind for it?

Yes, Your Majesty ;-)

None, yet, I actually have five emeralds in need of setting, but I'm too terrified to let anyone set them, and I want to do them justice, as they're all very nice Columbian emeralds. I don't wear pendants, but it would be nice to have a high karat gold cross pendant made with them, like a repro of sunken Spanish treasure ship pendant. Now that I would wear every day.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am speechleess. You made it so rich, opulent, yet classy at the same time. Is it 18K yellow gold? If so, you've inspired me to change my original idea of the HW butterfly setting for my emerald into something more like this - a bezel setting in rich 18K gold with diamond accents. :love:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1301327701|2881851 said:
Kismet|1301327207|2881840 said:

Yes, Your Majesty ;-)

None, yet, I actually have five emeralds in need of setting, but I'm too terrified to let anyone set them, and I want to do them justice, as they're all very nice Columbian emeralds. I don't wear pendants, but it would be nice to have a high karat gold cross pendant made with them, like a repro of sunken Spanish treasure ship pendant. Now that I would wear every day.

Have you seen canuck-gal's emerald cross? If not, it's here at the top of page 3.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1301332702|2881906 said:
I am speechleess. You made it so rich, opulent, yet classy at the same time. Is it 18K yellow gold? If so, you've inspired me to change my original idea of the HW butterfly setting for my emerald into something more like this - a bezel setting in rich 18K gold with diamond accents. :love:

Yes, the top part of the ring is 18k yellow gold and the band is 18k white gold. It's hard to tell from the pictures but the little paisley looking parts have teeny millegraine all over them; it gives it a really nice texture.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Kismet, I know I'm not a CS regular, but just had to post to tell you how much I love this ring. I think the setting is perfect for that emerald. It's such a gorgeous setting, worth the wait!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1301334544|2881929 said:
Kismet, I know I'm not a CS regular, but just had to post to tell you how much I love this ring. I think the setting is perfect for that emerald. It's such a gorgeous setting, worth the wait!

Thanks NEL! I'm really pleased with how the ring turned out.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: perfection...and I liked the original!!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
That is unreal! It is so perfect that you just want to cry. Not only is it one of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen but it makes the emerald even more stunning than before. :love:

You do not have to respond, and I am sorry for being rude, but a ballpark for the setting? Over 3000 or 5000? If it is very dear I should probably face the cold hard facts before falling even more in love :lol: .

It is just perfect. And that emerald is just a dream.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
natascha|1301351121|2882099 said:
That is unreal! It is so perfect that you just want to cry. Not only is it one of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen but it makes the emerald even more stunning than before. :love:

You do not have to respond, and I am sorry for being rude, but a ballpark for the setting? Over 3000 or 5000? If it is very dear I should probably face the cold hard facts before falling even more in love :lol: .

Thanks natascha and brandy!

I paid under 3k for the setting. But I have to add a caveat; I was informed Andrew said something along the lines of "I don't know what I'm thinking at these gem shows; I'm just giving my stuff away." So I'm guessing if someone calls him at his office, where he's not hypnotized by all the lights at the gem show or whatever, the price might be higher than what I paid.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet|1301352178|2882120 said:
natascha|1301351121|2882099 said:

Thanks natascha and brandy!

I paid under 3k for the setting. But I have to add a caveat; I was informed Andrew said something along the lines of "I don't know what I'm thinking at these gem shows; I'm just giving my stuff away." So I'm guessing if someone calls him at his office, where he's not hypnotized by all the lights at the gem show or whatever, the price might be higher than what I paid.

That's a good deal for such a beautiful hand made setting. Double congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results