shape
carat
color
clarity

beautiful yellow diamond - Diamonds by Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

One of the things I love about this site is reading about everyone''s work with the different jewelers and craftsmen (and viewing pictures of the fab results). I was the nervous newbie who posted about my unfounded fears of working with James Allen.

BTW, I still will be posting pics of that beautiful ring.

I recently discovered a strong desire for colored diamonds. I had noticed a few comments in other threads posted about or by David from Diamonds by Lauren. After looking at their Web site, I was hooked and have been drooling for the past few weeks.

Saturday I decided to dip my toe in the pool and contacted David about this yellow diamond.

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-62-radiant-cut-intense-yellow-gia-report

I am almost clueless about which setting would best showcase the stone and fit my budget and wanted his input.

Although I had obviously disturbed David at home with his family he took the time to talk to me about the stone and make suggestions as to possible settings. We talked about what would best fit in my budget and he reassured me that we could do something beautiful.

So I thought I''d post about the process here in case anyone else is curious about buying a natural colored diamond. Right now I am very excited and looking forward to speaking with David again.
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you are enjoying the buying experience.
1.gif
Your link doesn''t work for me.

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh thank you LovingDiamonds for fixing the link. That is the stone. And I''m glad to hear you''ve had good experiences with David.

I did just get off the phone with David and I''m very excited. He''ll be doing a custom halo, similar to the Hal 2 on his site, for the stone. I have VERY large fingers and I think the halo would give better coverage.

I will post again with any updates and of course when I get the ring!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Everyone!!
Writergeek- it was such a pleasure speaking on Saturday- we share almost the same birthday, and the conversation was very enjoyable!

I do believe LD (
35.gif
) posted the correct link- I put a photo of the stone in this post.

We''re going to do a halo ring for this Intense Yellow stunner

r2348e.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a beautiful stone writergeek!! I can''t wait to see the finished ring.
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its going to be lovely!
36.gif

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone for your looking and posting your comments! I am so excited. And thanks so much David for posting the image and for calling me to talk more about the setting and the process. I appreciate all the time you''ve spent with me. (And we are practically twins with bdays close to each other. lol!)

One of the things I really liked about the Diamonds by Lauren Web site were all the different pictures of the stones, as well as the more personal descriptions. For me, it gave me a better sense of what the stone is like.

And of course the time spent by David talking me through the process was a huge help!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A halo will look gorgeous Writergeek and I've been lusting over one of David's halo rings for AGES! Lucky you. You're right it will create a bigger look and I think you'll be very happy.

If you look at my avatar, that's actually a Chameleon diamond I bought from David - cool huh?

ETA - it's my birthday next Sunday - are we triplets???
1.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh a halo for that gorgeous yellow diamond will be perfect
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Is this for an ering or RHR?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color.

Is the faint flouro blue? and if it is, can you see it all?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks elle!
Good question too.
It is felt that GIA is actually tougher on Fancy Intense Yellow diamonds with fluorescence.
I just checked, and the fluorescence is quite faint- impossible to really see unless you put the diamond in darkness and hit it directly with the UV lamp.
The fluorescence I did see was yellow. Which is way cool IMO.

IN this case, it''s faint, so there''s really little impact.
Writergeek''s diamond is simply a very strong intense yellow.

But in cases of stronger fluorescence, the characteristic can make the diamond look even darker in normal room lighting. Sometimes a strong blue stone that get Fancy Intense Yellow from GIA looks quite like a Fancy Vivid Yellow ( the next darker grade) - which is why some dealers feel GIA may be tougher on such stones.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Thanks for answering.

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2009 4:28:46 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
A halo will look gorgeous Writergeek and I''ve been lusting over one of David''s halo rings for AGES! Lucky you. You''re right it will create a bigger look and I think you''ll be very happy.

If you look at my avatar, that''s actually a Chameleon diamond I bought from David - cool huh?

ETA - it''s my birthday next Sunday - are we triplets???
1.gif

Your Chameleon diamond is FANTASTIC!!! I saw so many stones on his site that just made me weak in the knees.
2.gif

I think maybe we are triplets.....

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2009 5:47:13 PM
Author: MMT
Is this for an ering or RHR?
Thanks for your kind words! This is a RHR. I got the ering 3 weeks ago, also after shopping through Pricescope. I got hooked and for some reason started dreaming of natural colored diamonds!
3.gif

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2009 6:49:16 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
Thanks elle!

Good question too.

It is felt that GIA is actually tougher on Fancy Intense Yellow diamonds with fluorescence.

I just checked, and the fluorescence is quite faint- impossible to really see unless you put the diamond in darkness and hit it directly with the UV lamp.

The fluorescence I did see was yellow. Which is way cool IMO.

IN this case, it''s faint, so there''s really little impact.

Writergeek''s diamond is simply a very strong intense yellow.

But in cases of stronger fluorescence, the characteristic can make the diamond look even darker in normal room lighting. Sometimes a strong blue stone that get Fancy Intense Yellow from GIA looks quite like a Fancy Vivid Yellow ( the next darker grade) - which is why some dealers feel GIA may be tougher on such stones.
Thanks for the additional information and I agree with you about the yellow fluorescence being cool!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh how exciting, beautiful! can''t wait for your pics once completed!

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello everyone,

I am so excited because my beautiful ring is done! David very nicely took a few pictures that I can''t resist posting. I am blown away by this ring, it far exceeds my expectations. I''ll take pictures of it (and my ering) when I get it. I can''t wait, it just looks so fantastic!
36.gif

wgyd1.jpg

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
And another! I''m speechless...

wgyd2.jpg

writergeek

Rough_Rock
Trade
And the last one. Can you believe how fantastic? lol I just love it.
face23.gif

wgyd3.jpg

SelenaLV

Rough_Rock
Soooooooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
writergeek, it looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see it and your ER on your hand.
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so unusual. Love it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!
36.gif
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring turned out beautiful! That yellow is stunning!

JDL

Rough_Rock
Writer,

I sounds like you and I were on a very similar journey. My soon to be fiance had sent me some pics of some colored stoned rings she liked. I have gotten her some really nice tanzanite earings and a beautiful amethyst and white topaz pendent. She was kicking around the idea of some colored side stones or maybe even a colored center stone for an engagement ring. Well, after starting the research, I fell in love with natural colored diamonds. They completely fit my personality and most things I do in life take on a bit of my personality so after finding the perfect stone, I designed this ring which my jeweler made the cads for:

JDL''s CADs

Your ring is gorgeous and I know you will enjoy it. Mine is currently being made and once I receive it, I have but a few days to get it insured before it goes into the mail and shipped to Miami where I will be proposing in June :)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
love it!!!
30.gif

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your luscious lemony ring. Sounds like this story had a happy beginning, middle, AND end! Perhaps this will be the first of many more colored diamonds for you...
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results