shape
carat
color
clarity

Beaded Bezel with Pave Crown by David Klass!!!

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
The actual ring will not be here until tomorrow, but I figured since it is now “Facebook official” (with photos posted on the David Klass Jewelry facebook page), I would go ahead and post to share the story and details.

First, a HUGE thank you to everyone in the PS community for their advice, opinions, education, and guidance through this process, and most of all for pointing me in the direction of David Klass. I could not be more thrilled with how the ring turned out! It is truly more beautiful than I ever imagined. :appl:

The story (feel free to skip ahead to the photos!): A few weeks before my 10th anniversary my husband asked if I wanted to upgrade my ring as an anniversary gift. Uhhh, YES! So we went to a couple of the higher-end local stores to get an idea of both size and shape for the upgraded stone. Initially, I thought I wanted either a cushion or emerald cut, but eventually realized I preferred my original MRB. I looked at some larger MRBs and honestly had a difficult time seeing a substantial size difference unless I at least doubled the carat weight. Even at that size, something about my original ering stone was calling my name. Not sure if it was sentimental attachment or something about my diamond’s unique “personality” but I eventually decided to keep my original stone. So then we switched gears to RESET! My original setting was set high and I had scratched my young kids with the exposed girdle a couple of times, so I was leaning toward a bezel both for functional and aesthetic reasons. The 22-page “Show us your bezel rings” thread is awesome and really helped me figure out what I wanted and also what I definitely didn’t want in a bezel setting. I sent David a few photos and list of things I wanted in the ring. We made some minor edits, but the first set of CADs pretty much nailed exactly what I had in mind.

1.22 F VS2
Size 5
Side halo has 0.2 cts of F VS full-cut stones

Here are a couple of photos from David and Amy. I will post about a million more when I get the ring! I’ll also include some before photos. Who doesn’t love a good before and after reset post??? :mrgreen:

_36976.jpg

bead3.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring. Please show hand shots when you receive it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sassy_pants -

I was at David's store on Saturday and he showed me your ring. I can tell you right now - you're going to be thrilled. The workmanship is so delicate and beautiful, but it's a substantial ring and feels like it has some heft to it when you hold it in your hand.

I make a point of never trying on anyone else's rings, so I didn't try putting it on my finger or anything like that - just held it and looked at it. The bead work is beautiful - you're going to love it!

Congratulations on some great choices and a wonderful new addition!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh!!! What a stunning result!! I am sure you will be thrilled when you can wear it tomorrow. Looking forward to see your pics.
This is a beautiful design.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so unusual! Very much looking forward to handshots & close up pics of that amazing bezel!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! Can't wait to see some hand pics and close up pics! :appl:

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I will be sure to post lots of hand shots. Like to the point that you may have to ask me to stop. :lol: I can't wait to get that puppy on my finger! It's only been a little over 4 weeks since I sent my original set and wedding band off to David, but I really miss wearing rings every day. Small inconvenience for what I'm getting in return, I know!

Mrs-blop: Thak you so much for sharing that story! It is so neat to get a first-hand account of the ring while I am waiting ever-so-impatiently for it to arrive. And for the record, I would not have minded a bit if you had wanted to try it on. I'd be flattered! But I understand the principal. Your description just made me about a million times more excited than I already was to see it in person tomorrow. I think I'm going to need a sedative tonight! This is worse than Christmas Eve for a 5-year-old. :D

From the photos David sent, the bead work does look awesome, but it's also very polished (a good thing) and reflective so it's hard to totally make out the fine details in photos with all the sparkle going on. David said he made the ring in 3 parts and did all the beadwork by hand. That was my biggest concern in going from the CAD to the actual ring. I wanted the beads to clearly be beads, but be small enough to not overwhelm the center stone. I was a little nervous since the CAD showed the diameter of the top at 10mm, it sounded so huge! But now I think the beads are in perfect proportion to the center stone. I should not have worried. And I loved your comment about the heft! My old setting was sort of "bold" in appearance and had some weight to it. I loved the feeling on the weight on my finger, but wanted something a little more refined and feminine than the original setting. Glad to hear it still had a substantial look/feel to you!

My only teensy concern now is that the performance of my diamond will be significantly reduced by moving from the very open and high setting to a bezel. But honestly, I love the new setting so much ithe diamond would have to look really dead for it to bother me.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be going crazy with anticipation! I hope you can sleep tonight lol - it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see many pics! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful!!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love it! I wear an antique sterling heart necklace w a beaded edge and have always thought a ring would be amazing. I cannot wait to see your photos in real life! Congrats and enjoy!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
What a nice twist on a halo-style. I love the beaded bezel!!! It's really gorgeous:)

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
IT'S HERE!!! :appl:

A few hand shots from my iPad. I will try to take some better photos with a real camera tonight. I'm having a hard time getting the profile especially with the iPad.

_36981.jpg

_36982.jpg

_36983.jpg

_36984.jpg

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
2 before pics

_36985.jpg

_36986.jpg

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
And similar after pics

_36987.jpg

_36988.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh... It's just beautiful.... I absolutely love it & the bezel adds a perfect definition to the stone :love:

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Alex! I did feel that the split shank-like prongs from my original setting sometimes made the outer portion of my diamond "disappear". So this bezel really does help it look at round as it really is!

I am loving the finger coverage from this new setting.

Some more pics! #cantstopwontstop

Hmmm...the resolution of these photos is so much better before I post them. Am I doing something wrong?

_36989.jpg

_36990.jpg

_36991.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting for the handshots!! I LOVE the after shots! The new setting gives more finger coverage and makes the diamond POP more!!! Bravo, DK! :appl: :appl: :appl:

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
WOW, that is so cool-looking!!!! I've never seen a beaded bezel and it is gorgeous. Very talented designer too!

Wear it in good health and happiness!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my it's stunning and so lovely on your hand!!!! What a unique and beautiful take on the halo, I love it!! Congratulations on your gorgeous ring!!! :appl:

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring !

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful I LOVE the beadwork halo, congrats it really shows off your stone!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, especially the beadwork!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
I really love this ring redesign. It is not only beautiful, but unique and enhances the diamond much better than before. This is a complete success. Enjoy your beautiful rings! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
wow, the new setting really pops!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! Your stone looks HUGE! :love: :love: :love:

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate everyone who took the time to comment, and especially all the nice compliments. It's so great to be able to share my excitement with others who really get it! I can't get over how huge my diamond looks to me now. Every time I look down I'm like "whoa! How did that get there?!?" It's crazy this is the same stone I've been wearing daily for over a decade.

Mrs-blop: I have been following your projects with DK, especially your latest three stone bezel beauty! Talk about unique and special! You commented that the bezels on your ring were done so well, which was very encouraging while I was waiting on my own bezel. I definitely feel the same way about my ring. I can't imagine the bezel could be done any better. It's so thin and barely covers up any of the stone. The stone is also set nice and high in the bezel so none of the crown is blocked by the "wall" of the bezel in a side view. The workmanship on this ring is spectacular. I just love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results