shape
carat
color
clarity

BE CADs are in for my reset- advice?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to see if I could ask for your expert eyes and advice... Just received my CADs for my reset. Am I missing anything? I don't know that I can angle the top halo due to the 90 degree halo edge. Also attaching inspiration pics. Huge Thank you! There will be diamonds on the basket, not the donut...

_5441.jpeg

_5442.jpeg

_5443.jpeg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Want the double edge halo to look like this... I wanted more surface area, halo is 1.3 (1 pointers) side is 1.4mm, as the side needs to be larger due to drilling. Thoughts? I'm sort of meshing the styles of these to rings together. Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

_1356.png

_5444.jpeg

devthinksnpink

Rough_Rock
You seem to have very similar taste to me. My halo is at a slight angle though.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Dev- oh my goodness, and made by Steven!!! Gorge!!! Do you happen to know the angle? Also happen to know the Melee size you used?? Stunning ring!!!

devthinksnpink

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry I don't--I just let the designer so with whatever he felt best. If I had to wager a guess the tilt is very slight no more them 15-20%. And the mêlée are 3 different sizes, the band--largest, the halo--medium and the basket the smallest.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Devin- thanks for the info. Your ring is stunning!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Curious if any of you think the U design in the basket needs to be shaved down a bit? Not sure if it's even possible? Just thought I would ask?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! They're here!! I must admit I'm not good at CADs, but the overall image is gorgeous!!! Will they do a wax for you? Love the double sided halo and the basket - can't wait to see it!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think the melee size on the CADs is wrong. Too big.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1472104732|4069842 said:

Actually I agree with gypsy, I love looking at a halo ring and having my eye drawn straight to the Centre stone, not the halo, I think if your melee were a little smaller (I totally get loosing finger coverage!!) then what you loose in overall size you actually gain in the oomph of your Centre stone and it makes the whole ring look "bigger". Does that make sense? Hehe would Mark show you a CAD with smaller melee? Do you know what size these current melee are? In one of my previous posts when I was going with an emerald cut I posted cads of 1/2 pointers, 1 pointers and 1.5 pointers and whilst I wanted more overall finger coverage the bigger the melee the more it took away from the centre. Shall I post pics again here for you to check?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy- thanks so much for hopping on my post- I was hoping you would chime in! I appreciate the half pointer look, but it is much to small and tight for me. I actually like a bigger halo, however with that said... These are 1.3mm. What are your thoughts of dropping to a 1.2mm? Would that even make much of a difference. I've seen pictures of their 1.1mm and I thought they looked too small for my taste? (Other Pricescopers rings/cads). Also- any thoughts on the basket, does it appear bulkier or wider bottom heavy in comparison to the pics?

Lauren- thank you for commenting! I really appreciate it! I will ask Mark to send me a comparison... KristyDarling has 1.25mm hand forged BE ring and it looks stunning- however, not clear if diamonds are 1.25mm or if the entire halo size including halo is 1.25mm? I think it's the latter, it's extremely delicate- I assume hers is half pointers? This is a completely different look than her ring, but I should ask them to send over a CAD with this size to get a feel. I am going to ask them to send over a CADs with different sized halos for comparison. I'm glad you also came in again after gypsy did, to reiterate what she said- I really do value her opinion too! I fee bad asking for various comparisons, but I assume this is pretty common when getting a custom ring made. I already addressed the basket, and have asked them to shave down a bit- if possible.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
laurenk|1472110686|4069852 said:

Actually I agree with gypsy, I love looking at a halo ring and having my eye drawn straight to the Centre stone, not the halo, I think if your melee were a little smaller (I totally get loosing finger coverage!!) then what you loose in overall size you actually gain in the oomph of your Centre stone and it makes the whole ring look "bigger". Does that make sense? Hehe would Mark show you a CAD with smaller melee? Do you know what size these current melee are? In one of my previous posts when I was going with an emerald cut I posted cads of 1/2 pointers, 1 pointers and 1.5 pointers and whilst I wanted more overall finger coverage the bigger the melee the more it took away from the centre. Shall I post pics again here for you to check?

Lauren- I remember your comparison pics- would you mind reposting them here? It would be very helpful!!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
New CADs with a couple of changes... Thoughts? The top is now angled at 18%, the "U shape" has been shaved down and Melee has been added. Also we discussed pointer size for top halo- based on all of the halo inspiration pics I sent him, he is worries if I drop much more in halo size, I will not be as happy... This is Mark and I trust him. He said on average his halos are 1.1-1.3... He thinks based on the size of my stone 8.67x7.53, I can carry the heavier Melee well in the ring, but ultimately its up to me. Thanks for your feedback everyone! :wavey:

_5461.jpeg

_5462.jpeg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858|1472162578|4070080 said:
New CADs with a couple of changes... Thoughts? The top is now angled at 18%, the "U shape" has been shaved down and Melee has been added. Also we discussed pointer size for top halo- based on all of the halo inspiration pics I sent him, he is worries if I drop much more in halo size, I will not be as happy... This is Mark and I trust him. He said on average his halos are 1.1-1.3... He thinks based on the size of my stone 8.67x7.53, I can carry the heavier Melee well in the ring, but ultimately its up to me. Thanks for your feedback everyone! :wavey:

Hi! I'll dig up the comparison pics when I'm home.

I like the new cads - I think the basket looks much more delicate now and I think if you're wanting the size halo and Mark is confident then I think go with your instinct. Either way it's going to be huge and gorgeous. The two sided halo will further add size as opposed to a normal halo. So they're one pointers yes? Are they all one pointers in the two sides of the halo ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go for 1.1, personally with that design.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your help Gypsy and Lauren... I will keep you posted on progress pictures/updates! Thank you for taking the time to post!

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
I also agree that 1.1 would be more attractive for the design you're going to! I love the progress your ring has made!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
So 1.1mm is basically half pointers is this right? Just a smidge bigger? I keep forgetting my melee!!

Attached is a pic showing cads side by side of one pointers and half pointers. See how the second image of half pointers really make he Centre stone pop? And the image on left with 1 pointers is still gorgeous but makes me feel the Centre stone has less impact...

_1362.png

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, all!

Lauren- I believe half pointers are 1.0? I could be wrong, I think Mark told me 1.1 is a smidge over half pointers? You would think we would be total experts at this point, lol! And thank you for posting this! Very helpful!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858|1472483214|4071155 said:
Thanks, all!

Lauren- I believe half pointers are 1.0? I could be wrong, I think Mark told me 1.1 is a smidge over half pointers? You would think we would be total experts at this point, lol! And thank you for posting this! Very helpful!

I know!!! So many measurements rolling around in my head hehe. Any update?? :)

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren- so my ring is underway and confirmed as a hand forged project!!! We decided on one pointers- I'm sure much to the chagrin of my PS friends! Lol! I LOVE delicate halos, but I also love a bit of a chunkier presence- remember I tinkered with the idea of a soleste :naughty:. Given it is hand forged, and a reputable PS vendor I'm not worried about excess metal. I have faith Mark will more than fulfill my expectation- but it's still such a scary process!!! I will not have it for another 2 weeks due to the Labor Day Holiday. I have worked with Mark on multiple projects, including my original diamond and setting... So I cannot wait to see it!!! It will be the longest 2 weeks ever. I'm still obsessing over your gorgeous ring- finally in your hands (or on?) :love:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
TruLuv858|1472515395|4071296 said:
Lauren- so my ring is underway and confirmed as a hand forged project!!! We decided on one pointers- I'm sure much to the chagrin of my PS friends! Lol! I LOVE delicate halos, but I also love a bit of a chunkier presence- remember I tinkered with the idea of a soleste :naughty:. Given it is hand forged, and a reputable PS vendor I'm not worried about excess metal. I have faith Mark will more than fulfill my expectation- but it's still such a scary process!!! I will not have it for another 2 weeks due to the Labor Day Holiday. I have worked with Mark on multiple projects, including my original diamond and setting... So I cannot wait to see it!!! It will be the longest 2 weeks ever. I'm still obsessing over your gorgeous ring- finally in your hands (or on?) :love:

YAY!!! I'm so excited that you have made a decision and its all going ahead. Honestly I'm sure it will be amazing and you must listen to your heart! At the end of the day the difference between 1/2 pointers and 1 pointers is so tiny and I'm sure Mark will create this beautifully, ensuring you get your dream!

I cant wait for you to share!

I cant stop staring at my pear! The facets and the tinsy culet want to be acknowledged all the time hehe and I'm desperate to take some decent pics, but I only have my iPhone..... I need someone to teach me as I honestly don't think I'm really capturing the beauty of her and VC's amazing pave work. Delayed gratification is an awesome feeling so you will be jumping out of your skin in two weeks time!!! Will he send pics along the way? Like progress pics?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I think so! If and when he does, I will share!

I don't blame you!!! I was hopin VC would make a video of your diamond!!! Unless I missed it? It's stunning. I'm so glad you went with the pear, I adore an emerald in a halo, but the spread and chunky facets are to die for!!!

ETA- I did find your video!!! Gorge!!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Trulove........!!!!!!!! It's been two weeks......!!!!!!!! Any news????

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmmmmmmm is that your ring in Brilliantly Engaged's Facebook page???????????

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren! Haha! Yup, you found me out... Although I didn't post it because I think that picture stinks! I actually have the FedEx box sitting in my husband's office waiting for him to get home tonight so we can open it up together. It's taking all of my willpower not to rip through that box!!! The pave looks so big due to the macro shots, I feel like it's just not a true depiction. I will be sure to post tomorrow!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Omg! You have amazing willpower !!! Looks fantastic!! Cannot wait for the reveal xx

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results