shape
carat
color
clarity

BB blue green oval tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous, as are your flowers!!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Lovely flowers too!

Have you received the Malaya in your avatar yet? Can''t wait to see the picture!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all, I am leaning towards having more white gold and use yellow gold as accent. I contacted Sally about having a custom ring made and she''s been very responsive and lovely, although her white gold price is more than my expectation. I think I will wait for malaya garnet to arrive first before making a decision on which one to set first.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I love the color!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Yay my ring is done!

Sally''s description:
This is the balance listing for your custom ring, using your beautiful supernova cut tourmaline. We''ve made your ring in a size 5, 5mm wide, using both sterling silver (satin and shiny finishes), and 18k yellow gold (matte finish). Your gemstone is protected in an east-west semi-bezel setting.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It turned out really nice! I especially like the fact that it looks really well made.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That colour is heavenly. Great shots!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks to be the most well made Sally ring I''ve seen so far. The finish is really good.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out very nice and looks great in that setting. I''ve been wondering what you were going to do with it.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great looking stone! love the color!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally did a great job on that ring!! Can we see hand shots?
12.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was on her site last night and was oogling it, wondering if it was a PS''ers! It''s lovely and I can''t wait to see in on your hand!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love the way it turned out! Very nice!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring! I love that design. The width, the semi-bezel, the beautiful stone, the two-tone setting, everything.

Well done!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Wow, looks like Sally did a wonderful job on this ring! Makes me even more excited for mine
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others that your ring looks like Sally''s best work. I''d love to see hand shots too!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ma re, porridge, chrono, Cin, D&T, TL,packrat, brandy,FG, icekid & Cell for the lovely compliments. And to everyone who gave me all these good ideas on how to set this pretty stone.

Yes Sally''s goldsmith is really good, I''m glad I got her to make my ring. I think I''ll be sending her my round blue green tourmaline for setting as well.

I don''t have the ring yet, these are Sally''s photos. I will try posting handshots when I have it with me, and if I''m willing to take my gloves off... It''s really cold here now, only 3 degrees Celsius this afternoon, and it''s not even winter yet!
39.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Love the color!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks PP!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring. Sally really did a wonderful job. Was this style your idea or Sally?? I love the two tone and the brushed metal.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 10:58:02 AM
Author: mochi
I love that ring. Sally really did a wonderful job. Was this style your idea or Sally?? I love the two tone and the brushed metal.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yes Sally and her team did a wonderful job. I had a style in mind (after taking in ideas from everyone here, thank you all again). The final product is a mix of another Etsy seller, Krikawa and Sally''s input. Sally mentioned this is not their usual style but they can make pretty much anything. She''s also very helpful suggesting I make the ring with sterling silver instead of 14k white gold, this lowered the cost considerably. After some deliberation I decided on silver as I''m not that keen on 14k white gold, and if I use 18k white gold it''ll blow out my budget for this ring setting, I have more stones waiting to be set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results