shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry's New Drop...Who Got What???

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1308591021|2950272 said:
WOW, what a collection! Beautiful...What is the pink stone, third row down, 4th from the left? What about the greenish stone, bottom row, between the olive green cab and the bright orange stone? (both in the group shot)

I am still waiting for my supernova Namibian tourmaline from Barry. He sent it right after the drop that started this thread, but this postal strike is killin' me! :(sad

Thanks!! I really need to take better pics outside or something. My room is turquoise and dark so it's not ideal for pics. The spinels glow a beautiful reddish hot pink, but you'd never guess from my awful pics.

The pink stone is a rubellite tourmaline cut by John LeBourgois, 3.something carat asscher. It was supposed to be in a ring but now i'm debating if it'll be better as a pendant.

Bright green stone on bottom row is chrysophrase, i got that from Barry as well. It's carved but obviously the details are lost. It's going in a bezel as an index finger ring.

Fingers crossed for you!! hope it gets there soon. Barry's cuts are amazing!

eta: the barry and gary spinels look most like the bright part of the top stone in the attached pic. all the time!

pink spinels all out 2.JPG

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh MY ForteKitty! :shock: :love: :shock: :naughty: :shock: I am in AWE of your beautiful collection!

(ETA: and you've also made me so excited to receive my Barry pink spinel too. That pink is amazing!)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fortekitty,
Very nice collection. I can't get a stone from Barry as his best material is snapped up too soon, so I have to live vicariously through you and others. :naughty:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good heavens! What a collection FK! What do you think of the yellow tourm? I'm loving the mints and seafoamy ones..and the lavenders..and the greens..EEEK!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!

Packrat- i really like the yellow tourm a lot. It's crazy sparkly and normally a pastel yellow when it's not in my blue room. Man that was an awful pic.. none of the gems look nice, but i swear most of them are precision cut!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
OMG !!!!
I love your pictures of your collection !!!!
I JUST ADORE pretty gems in their boxes,
Oooooooo I could play with those and stare at them all DAY !!!!!!!!

I love your Spinel collection ~ Ahhhhhh and the blue greens !
And the oranges !!!!

Your color selections mirror mine to a great extent ~
Except my collection is much smaller !!!!

LOVE THIS :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think you are ready to being a major spinel necklace

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1308621106|2950694 said:
I think you are ready to being a major spinel necklace

you're right! i'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate all of it, but it will be a necklace!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there,
This Wednesday I shall be busy at 6PM again, so I wish you all a very happy fishing/hunting!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1308590323|2950256 said:
I got nothing but crappy shots, so here are two:

1) groupshot. Yellow tourmaline looking its most champagne in my blue room. it's right above the front tip of the gem holder. The Barry hot pink spinel is to the left of it. The blue round sapphire above it is from Gene, and its hot pink spinel box-mate is from Gary.

2) handshot. the smaller one is from Barry, slightly bigger one is from Gary.

There are also a ton of other ones from Barry... i'm sure you can recognize his cut! :) My pride and joy is the blue tourmaline on the top row, 4th from left... soooo mesmerizing.

Genuine EYE CANDY.....your collection is AMAZING!!!!

Lori

kt

Shiny_Rock
oh, wooooooowwwwww, that collection...amazing. :love:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Participated in my first drop today. Made me smile to see things listed for .3 seconds and then sold. Gotta love Gem enthusiasts! And to think, my friends think I'm insane for having 4 unset stones!
Got the sunstone :praise: if it's perfectly to my liking its going in a setting I already have: rose gold setting with coral accents.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He had the aquamarine that we'd been talking about. I wasn't out to buy anything, but I had to add that one to my cart. Let's see if it went through.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i didn't even see the aquamarine till after it was sold already.. such a pretty color!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ForteKitty|1308791757|2952451 said:
i didn't even see the aquamarine till after it was sold already.. such a pretty color!!
I had written to him a month or so ago asking if he had any aqua rough (for my Buddy Blue Eyes) and he told me he did but that it would be pretty costly. Maybe I'm just jaded, but it didn't seem all that expensive to me.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that aqua is to die for! If I had seen it earlier, and been allowed to purchase anything right now...I hope whoever gets it posts pics! I liked the color-shift spinel, too. More affordable, but equally quick to go. I was trying to nurse a fussy infant while hitting refresh consistently. Not an easy multi-task, lol.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I wish I'd waited until I'd seen the aquamarine. ;( I snatched up the spinel cushion as soon as I saw it (not sure if I got it though), then saw the aquamarine. Athena-I also asked about the aquamarine a month or so ago. I asked him if he had any aqua rough that could be cut into a cushion and he said he had an oval pre-form that was pretty costly. I think it was the same one you asked about.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i got the malaya. love reddish-orange stones!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered if that one is similar to the "Lindi garnet" from Gene's drop a few weeks ago?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I just heard from Barry that I did not get the aquamarine, so I hope it goes to a PS'er.

I've bought lots of stones from Barry in the past, but since the gem drop became such a frenzy on Wednesdays, I haven't managed to snag anything, and it's pretty disappointing. I think it's time to move on to other vendors and enjoy the pictures you younger and quicker peeps post!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, I didn't get it either. Wahhhh!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I abstained from this drop as nothing really caught my eye and I'm WAY behind on setting, but looking forward to photos from the rest!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1308793599|2952486 said:
Yeah, I didn't get it either. Wahhhh!

Oh no, I was comforting myself with the hope that you had gotten it, since I remembered the Buddy-Blue -Eyes thread! I'm sorry, but hope at least someone on PS gets it.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I got the cushion spinel. ::) Just wish I could've snagged that aqua too... I hope someone here got it!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
That aqua is amazing and I would have gone for it, but I chose the cushion spinel....was 3rd in line for it!

Lori

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Nothing really moved me enough to buy. I put the malaya in my cart but never got to checkout. All just as well since I went to otto frei today and spent a few hundred on forming hammers. To those who gots, we expect PICTURES!! I am especially looking forward to pics of the malaya, the aqua, and the cushion spinel.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also intrigued by the Cherry garnet, so if anyone here got that one, I'd like to see pics of that too, please!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that cushion spinel: can't wait to see pictures! The aqua too, hopefully...

T

talamasca

Oooo really like the look of the cherry - who got that one???

ETA: Oh my gosh FK what a fab yummy collection :D Love the assccher 3rd row down 4th in from left :love:

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
8) I got the aqua!!! and I am very excited about it too! Barry said it will ship today or tomorrow and I will post a ton of pictures :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results