color
clarity

Barry's New Drop...Who Got What???

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To get some notice of upcoming drops, you can sign up for newsletters at:

1. Barry's site (www.acstones.com)
2. Gary Braun's site (www.finewatergems.com)
3. Brad's site (www.thegemtrader.com)
4. Rick's site (www.artcutgems.com)
5. Dana's site (www.mastercutgems.com)
6. Andrew's site (www.gemfix.com)

For Gene's site (www.precisongem.com), he has an RSS feed you can subscribe to that lets you know when there are changes to his site but even after reading some detailed instructions on how to do so, I still haven't figured it out -- I just check pretty often.

I think Barry has a drop pretty regularly every Wednesday night at 6pm his time (Arizona)
Sometime the first week of each month I think The Gem Trader (Brad) and Gemfix (Andrew) usually have drops.
For the other listed sites, it varies.

There are other CS sites too, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some great ones, but these are the ones I try hardest to stay on top of...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
FK, that yellow tourmaline is TDF!!! Pics when you get it, please!

--- Laurie

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Now that I have one of Barry's stones, I could easily lust for many more. I've never remembered to check at drop time though and I'm not sure I could type fast enough. I'd be sad and pi**ed if I really wanted something and didn't win. MTG, I hope you'll post about the mint garnet when you get it. It's the big sister to mine. I have a picture of it as rough, very pretty and I'm sure it will be bright and minty.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1307588206|2941300 said:
wakingdreams53|1307587600|2941294 said:
ForteKitty, LOL!!! Today I was about to post in Hangout a Jewels vs Pets thread. I want to buy a cat... but find myself spending money on gems instead :twirl:

I can't even compare the two. One's living and one's an inanimate object. If my cats/dogs are sick i'd willingly give up all my gems to make them better.

You can not imagine how much some cats cost...

I do not know if it is my bad luck or something else, but I did not even see anything appearing on Barry's site during his drop. Granted, I miss most of them but imagine it is very stressful. Should be fun for younger people though.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I've been at my MIL's house with no access to Internet besides my Droid, but I wanted to check in with you all to say that Barry cut me an identical mint garnet to the one I barely lost out on! It's the exact same mm size and carat weight. So MTG and I now will have twin stones (when I get back from vacation and get mine, that is)! So despite the lame computer issues, all's well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's cool Jstar!

FK-We're waiting on your pics of the yellow tourmaline!!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1308177306|2946965 said:
That's cool Jstar!

FK-We're waiting on your pics of the yellow tourmaline!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, am I not understanding something?

The drop was supposed to start at 6 pm - we have the same time with Barry, we have checked it because they do not switch over to daylight saving. I am sitting here, switched on the computer at 18:05, went to the "Newest inventory", sitting there, no new stones being added. The two I wanted to buy are of course sold... Is my biological clock wrong?

Something is happening at that website, Droids respond... I am just looking at the screen and nothing changes.

Can anyone explain to me how it works?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, whatever it was... I missed the fun. Going home. I wish someone could explain to me, though!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I dont know about the time zone thing. Here in NY it is 9 pm when the dropping starts. you need to click the refresh button on your browser about every 4 seconds. the new stones get added to the existing ones over about 5-10 minutes.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was a little before 8 here (Iowa) when the stones started coming. I just keep refreshing.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! That makes sense. Well, there is 3-hour time difference between NY and Seattle. I did not know about "refresh". Is it still going?

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if a pser got the aquamarine, lovely color and the cut :appl: :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When do they stop coming?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It takes not quite 10 minutes before they're all up. 5 minutes? Maybe not even that much.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, about 5 minutes for them to be up, less than 10 for them to all be sold. :-o

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i just got back from florida so the package is still sitting at my grandma's. Finally gonna see them tomorrow!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Just woke up to the news that I managed to snag the pink spinel. Didn't expect to make it, seeing as I was half-asleep (Barry drops at 2am here in the UK). So thrilled: I really wanted my first pink stone to be a spinel :love:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
artdecogirl|1308189561|2947133 said:
I wonder if a pser got the aquamarine, lovely color and the cut :appl: :love:

I loved that stone too! Yummy combination!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Boo, I wish Barry 'dropped' on a different day. I don't get back from work until 10:30pm on Wednesdays and have to get up early the next day to go back, I just can't keep awake until 2am! :razz:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Deathspi|1308213697|2947324 said:
Boo, I wish Barry 'dropped' on a different day. I don't get back from work until 10:30pm on Wednesdays and have to get up early the next day to go back, I just can't keep awake until 2am! :razz:

I set an alarm :oops:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How often does Barry drop new stones?

T

talamasca

natsplat|1308211372|2947317 said:
Just woke up to the news that I managed to snag the pink spinel. Didn't expect to make it, seeing as I was half-asleep (Barry drops at 2am here in the UK). So thrilled: I really wanted my first pink stone to be a spinel :love:

7169? Gorgeous. Can't wait to see pics :D

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
talamasca|1308226910|2947369 said:
7169? Gorgeous. Can't wait to see pics :D

That's the fella :mrgreen: Barry's posting it on Friday so I probably won't get it until after I get back from a short holiday - but waits like this can be fun...!

bright ice: he drops (almost) every week.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Bumping for new additions and photos......please share!!!!

Lori

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
FK don't make me post the Jeopardy wait on you!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the namibian, teeny little guy but I'm excited!

namibian tourm barry.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I got nothing but crappy shots, so here are two:

1) groupshot. Yellow tourmaline looking its most champagne in my blue room. it's right above the front tip of the gem holder. The Barry hot pink spinel is to the left of it. The blue round sapphire above it is from Gene, and its hot pink spinel box-mate is from Gary.

2) handshot. the smaller one is from Barry, slightly bigger one is from Gary.

There are also a ton of other ones from Barry... i'm sure you can recognize his cut! :) My pride and joy is the blue tourmaline on the top row, 4th from left... soooo mesmerizing.

gem box groupshot 1.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'm failing at this, so try again:

blue tourms barry 1.JPG

spinels barry and others.JPG

pink spinels all out 1.JPG

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, what a collection! Beautiful...What is the pink stone, third row down, 4th from the left? What about the greenish stone, bottom row, between the olive green cab and the bright orange stone? (both in the group shot)

I am still waiting for my supernova Namibian tourmaline from Barry. He sent it right after the drop that started this thread, but this postal strike is killin' me! :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results