shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry Stones Set and New Barry Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would pop in an share some photos. My old camera got destroyed after someone spilt a can of pop on it. I just got a new one as a gift and it turns out the colors aren't as accurate as my old one. Oh well.

First up .. a 1.12 ct 6.55 mm Tourmaline set in an LOGR setting. The LOGR setting came with a prong head but my jeweler removed the head and bezeled the stone. He did a very good job. As the photos show, there is a dark diamond - it isn't as obvious in real life but it is still there. I didn't notice it until after the stone was set but I never looked at the setting closely.

The third picture is closet to real life.

Charmy-GreenTourmaline-BarryLOGR.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Next up is one of my favorite stones and one I frequently write about. It is an Imperial Malaya Garnet 2.18 ct and 7.5 mm. This stone is so amazing in real life and it is a shame that none of the photos come even close. It is a color shifter that goes from a straight pink in indirect natural light to pink with red flashes under fluorescent lighting and a peachy pink in bright sunlight. This stone also has a higher specific gravity than other Malayas and has an anomolous double refraction. The result is an amazingly sparkly stone. I can't say enough about this stone .. I adore it. I love the setting I have it in but one day .. I may remake that setting in platinum.

Charmy-MalayaGarnet-Barry18KFish.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here are the two rings together in different lighting.

Charmy-BarryRings1 copy.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Finally .. my 3 new stones from Barry.

1. Pink Tourmaline - 2.38 ct, 7.5 mm
The pink tourmaline just can't be captured on this camera. It is a very sparkly stone in real life2. but the photos turn up dull and almost colorless. The pink is evident in real life. The cut is gorgeous.

2. Amethyst - 2.37 ct, 8.8 mm

3. Uruguay amethyst - 1.70 ct, 8.2x7.2 mm

Charmy-BarryTourmAmethyst.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I love the green tourmaline, but I am partial to green, all of your stones are lovely

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow Charmy, you''ve been quite busy! The rings look fantastic! Your jeweler did a great job with the bezel - I remember your post earlier about modifying it. Where did you get the setting for the malaya? It''s really beautiful! Your Barry stones are lovely as well! Do you have plans for all of them yet?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Your two rings are gorgeous. What are your plans for the amethyst?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings and very pretty stones!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charmy - gorgeous stones and rings, i love the double claw prong
30.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 3:25:02 PM
Author: cellentani
Wow Charmy, you''ve been quite busy! The rings look fantastic! Your jeweler did a great job with the bezel - I remember your post earlier about modifying it. Where did you get the setting for the malaya? It''s really beautiful! Your Barry stones are lovely as well! Do you have plans for all of them yet?
The setting is from eBay (18KFish). I love the style of that setting -- it is actually very me and reflective of the jewelry I like. The LOGR one with the green tourmaline is not so much my style. The ring is lovely and the stone looks great in it but I don''t see myself wearing it often - guess these thick halos aren''t my thing.

I do plan to set all my Barry stones - right now I have 3 not set. The pink octangon is going into a very simple setting - 3 sided pave band with double prongs. The purple cushion is going into a LOGR split prong setting (didn''t really like it but I won it for a good price). I was debating on returning the oval amytheyst becaues it is a little dark for me but I believe it is the desired color for an amethyst. Barry told me a bunch of people are waiting for a stone like it.

This is the LOGR setting the cushion is going into.

Charmy-LOGRSetting.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 4:44:43 PM
Author: D&T
charmy - gorgeous stones and rings, i love the double claw prong
30.gif
I had to go to three jewelers before they made those double claw semi decent. It was really big and chunky before!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 5:15:40 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

Date: 6/21/2009 3:25:02 PM
Wow Charmy, you've been quite busy! The rings look fantastic! Your jeweler did a great job with the bezel - I remember your post earlier about modifying it. Where did you get the setting for the malaya? It's really beautiful! Your Barry stones are lovely as well! Do you have plans for all of them yet?
The setting is from eBay (18KFish). I love the style of that setting -- it is actually very me and reflective of the jewelry I like. The LOGR one with the green tourmaline is not so much my style. The ring is lovely and the stone looks great in it but I don't see myself wearing it often - guess these thick halos aren't my thing.

I do plan to set all my Barry stones - right now I have 3 not set. The pink octangon is going into a very simple setting - 3 sided pave band with double prongs. The purple cushion is going into a LOGR split prong setting (didn't really like it but I won it for a good price). I was debating on returning the oval amytheyst becaues it is a little dark for me but I believe it is the desired color for an amethyst. Barry told me a bunch of people are waiting for a stone like it.

This is the LOGR setting the cushion is going into.
18KFish, huh? I remember seeing her auctions quite awhile ago and writing them off because they seemed so much more expensive than LOGR at the time. I think I'll have to check them out again, especially with LOGR's rising prices. Do you feel the quality (setting and diamonds) is beter than LOGR?

I've seen that LOGR cushion setting too - had it on my saved list for awhile. Please post pics when you get it - I'm assuming you'll have them custom make it for your stone?

Love seeing all your projects!

ETA: forgot to mention, I had a dark diamond on an LOGR, and it turned out to be polishing residue that hadn't been cleaned out. Have you louped it, and are sure it's the diamond itself? If not, it might be worth a good, professional cleaning and steaming. It made a world of difference on mine. Just a thought..

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 5:39:16 PM

18KFish, huh? I remember seeing her auctions quite awhile ago and writing them off because they seemed so much more expensive than LOGR at the time. I think I''ll have to check them out again, especially with LOGR''s rising prices. Do you feel the quality (setting and diamonds) is beter than LOGR?

I''ve seen that LOGR cushion setting too - had it on my saved list for awhile. Please post pics when you get it - I''m assuming you''ll have them custom make it for your stone?

Her settings are more expensive than the china sellers. The particular one I got was $350 (her cheapest ones) but I really like it. To be honest, the quality is comperable to the china sellers.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Charmy, do you have any profile pics of your malaya ring? I''m curious to see how low/high your stone sits. I saw the setting, and it''s much more airy than I thought it would be!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 5:58:58 PM
Charmy, do you have any profile pics of your malaya ring? I''m curious to see how low/high your stone sits. I saw the setting, and it''s much more airy than I thought it would be!
It is a very open setting and it isn''t high at all. It isn''t a low low setting but it isn''t high. It never bangs into anything.

Charmy-MalayaGarnet-Barry18KFish-SIDE.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy- I'm really excited to see how you set the Barry Octagonal Tourmaline, as you know we have similar stones, and I'm just at a loss on setting for mine.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 6:10:25 PM

It is a very open setting and it isn''t high at all. It isn''t a low low setting but it isn''t high. It never bangs into anything.
Thanks Charmy!! I think that''s my favorite pic of your ring - it really shows off the beautiful high crown of the malaya.
30.gif
You have very elegant taste!!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love your garney and the setting it is in!!! I see what you mean about a beautiful pink garnet being a viable option for a pink stone.

Who is Barry? Sorry for the newbie question.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 6:46:34 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
I love your garney and the setting it is in!!! I see what you mean about a beautiful pink garnet being a viable option for a pink stone.

Who is Barry? Sorry for the newbie question.
Barry is a very popular vendor recommed by PSers and one of my favorites. His website is http://www.acstones.com/.

Also wanted to correct a statment above.. I actually have 5 unset Barry stones. Just waiting for the right itme to set them. Right now, I have a bunch of settings with no stones that fit in them .. argh!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/21/2009 6:10:25 PM

I really like that setting. I was bidding for it, but I didn''t meet the reserve.

I think the diamonds around the cutlet is the cutest detail.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 7:07:08 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

I really like that setting. I was bidding for it, but I didn''t meet the reserve.

I got this setting 6 months ago before she started doing these low prices with reserves. I just checked and I paid $345 for it including sizing fee to a 3.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
You have gorgeous stones and rings!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy,
Nice rings. That Malaya looks magnificent in that setting. I love it!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They''re all really beautful but my favourite is the m garnet ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2009 5:41:51 PM

Date: 6/21/2009 5:39:16 PM

18KFish, huh? I remember seeing her auctions quite awhile ago and writing them off because they seemed so much more expensive than LOGR at the time. I think I''ll have to check them out again, especially with LOGR''s rising prices. Do you feel the quality (setting and diamonds) is beter than LOGR?

I''ve seen that LOGR cushion setting too - had it on my saved list for awhile. Please post pics when you get it - I''m assuming you''ll have them custom make it for your stone?

Her settings are more expensive than the china sellers. The particular one I got was $350 (her cheapest ones) but I really like it. To be honest, the quality is comperable to the china sellers.
Her settings are probably Chinese made as well.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
love the garnet..
1.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you''re not going to wear the tourmaline I''ll take it off your hands
21.gif
28.gif

I have the same setting, its not for everyone to be sure, but I do think the stone looks lovely in it.

The garnet is really a beauty! I like the setting a lot!
3.gif

-A

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 11:03:10 PM
Author: Arcadian
if you''re not going to wear the tourmaline I''ll take it off your hands
21.gif
28.gif

I have the same setting, its not for everyone to be sure, but I do think the stone looks lovely in it.

The garnet is really a beauty! I like the setting a lot!
3.gif

-A
You are going to have to pry it out of my hands. I love that tourmaline - it is a little beauty. I wear that ring because I love staring at the tourmaline ...it has amazing color and is mesmorisizing.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/21/2009 7:10:08 PM

Date: 6/21/2009 7:07:08 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

I got this setting 6 months ago before she started doing these low prices with reserves. I just checked and I paid $345 for it including sizing fee to a 3.
Yikes! I just saw that the exact same setting is now $425 - no sizing or anything extra. I guess I''ll just keep looking.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Truly yummy stones!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results