shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry pink Mahenge spinel

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Picked up today!

Vendor photo plus stats: 0.86 ct., 5.8mm round brilliant. This Mahenge spinel has a rich medium dark pink color. It is just short of flawless at 10x, having a tiny inclusion in the pavilion.

On opening this, I was thrilled to see it shows serious flashes of other colours within it: Barry's photo is totally accurate in that the main colour is a rich medium pink, but I also see a lot of sugared-almond pink, plus hot glo-stick pink, and also pinky-purple. It seems to show more purple in darker conditions too. And - something I really have not managed to capture, being rubbish at photography and all! - is how much it freakin' SPARKLES and GLOWS! It is more than a match for the spess, and I am totally in love with it.

The plan is to set the three stones you see below as a set of stackers, that also would have enough presence to be worn singly. I'm really pleased with the colour combination, relative sizes and "show-off" balance of the three stones. I'm thinking of Sally lotus settings for them - possibly high, low and bezel for the spess...?

I have to save up first so I don't have to decide now :twirl:

On to the pics...!

Barry mahenge spinel.jpg

Spinel 2.jpg

Spinel 1.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
The stackers trio together:

Thanks for looking!

Stackers stones hand 1.jpg

Stackers stones hand 2.jpg

Stackers stones 1.jpg

Stackers stones 2.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new spinels is very pretty. Those 3 colors compliment each other very well. They are Pretty :love: !!Are you doing bezel stacker rings? Just curious.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Zestfully :) I was thinking maybe one bezelled (spess being the most obvious candidate), but the other two in Sally's lotus setting (I know you can have it set higher or lower on the finger). I'd like something delicate and open, but still with enough "balls" to be worn on its own. I'll have to have a think about it, to keep the styles aligned but not the same: kind of like how a girl band dresses ;-)

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
A few more shots to try and capture the sparkle. I would blame the UK weather, but it's more to do with the UK gem buyer :roll:
Also apologies for the non-macro-ready nail varnish:

In box sparkle.jpg

Hand sparkle.jpg

Hand sparkle 2.jpg

Hand sparkle 3.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! I also like those 3 colors together!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you tyty :) Now I must stop drooling over gem sites, to stop me spending money until these ones are set! :lickout:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
oo oo oo! - Sun is out in London - quick, where's my camera!... :Up_to_something:

Spinel and sapphire.jpg

Spinel and sapphire 2.jpg

Spinel in sun.jpg

Trio 2.jpg

tzelin

Rough_Rock
I think the stones are very pretty, especially the Mahenge spinel. It shows up a fuschia color on my screen, just the color that I like, although I wonder what is the real color, given that it shows off so many different shades as per your description!

Do show us the finished product!

T

talamasca

Ooooo verrrryy pretty :love:

Can't quite picture the ring though :confused: Is it a three stone ring or 3 separate rings that can be worn together?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
tzelin|1309515951|2959717 said:
I think the stones are very pretty, especially the Mahenge spinel. It shows up a fuschia color on my screen, just the color that I like, although I wonder what is the real color, given that it shows off so many different shades as per your description!

Do show us the finished product!

Thanks Tzelin. I would say the real colour is the first picture I took with the sapphire alone, but it does constantly keep on showing me other colours, so it is difficult to pin down. Fuschia I think is an accurate description :) It'll be a while before I set them, but I will come and show the results when I do!

Tala: Thanks! The plan is three thin stacking rings, that can be worn in any combo, including all three together for Serious Sparkle Overload :Up_to_something: I have been looking at thin twisted bands with simple lotus, pronged and/or bezel settings. not made my mind up yet...! :D

herekk: thank you! x

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Hey natsplat, that is one lovely stone !!!!
It can certainly stand alone, but so wonderful with it's playmates !!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Favorite picture !!!

Trio 2.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Shiney :) I really appreciate your kind comments on my little gems. I'm very happy with them and how they "play" together :mrgreen:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty set of gems. I love Barry's rounds.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL :) I love them too - they remind me of tightly packed dahlias - but I think I may branch out in future projects. I can't own only rounds, surely?! :$$): :naughty:

ETA: I should also say Bob Kast's rounds are also holding their own against Barry's classy cutting...

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Took some snaps of the suite outside today (25+ degrees in London - ouch!), mainly to get my mind off the wait for my second round of ering CADs...! (better that than buying more stones from the mastercutgems sale...! :errrr: ) Think I'm getting a biiiiiiiit better at showing what they all really look like together.

It's amusing to me that the tiny sapphire - with its huge flaws in many areas - is possibly my favourite...! :shock:

Suite outside 2.jpg

Suite outside 3.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh. Your spinels are all gorgeous. I love the colors and the compliment each other well.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you marcy. I'm really pleased how they all mesh while all keeping their individual characters.

DecoHouse

Rough_Rock
ohh so pretty.. the blue and mahenge! but all are lovely :)

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Deco :) I'm drooling over possible settings now...!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Stackers sounds like a great idea.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Indylady :D I'm pretty much sold on the Sally lotus settings now, I think - although I am still scanning the eye candy threads in case of other ideas... :naughty:

T

talamasca

natsplat|1309519931|2959748 said:
Tala: Thanks! The plan is three thin stacking rings, that can be worn in any combo, including all three together for Serious Sparkle Overload :Up_to_something: I have been looking at thin twisted bands with simple lotus, pronged and/or bezel settings. not made my mind up yet...! :D

Oooo I had a nosey at some stacking rings and can so picture twisted bands in a lotus setting - they'll look great :D

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats pretty it reminds me alot of my pink tourmaline..... :love:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love your pink tourm and its setting: Daniel M, isn't it? Stylish simple setting :)

Tala: thank you :D those lotus settings are so pretty and delicate: I'm smitten!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results