shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry Fisher Wedding Photo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kahmad

Rough_Rock
I got my wedding pictures finally. I hope the same happens for eveyone else

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh Kahmad...what a terrible story! I am so sorry that this happened to you. I am not a lawyer, nor do I have any real advanced knowledge of the legal system, but what this man did is clearly illegal and he, at the very least, owes you your money back. I think that you should be able to file a civil suit without needing an attorney. I''m pretty sure that the cost of filing a civil suit is pretty minimal...may $50, or something close to that. I don''t think that you should need a lawyer to prove your case. I would just make sure that you have evidence that you paid him the money, evidence that you never received your pictures, as well as evidence that this man refused to engage in any sort of contact with you once he recevied your money. Good luck, and I''m sorry again. Wedding photos are priceless and no amount of money will make up for not having momentos from such an important day.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Terrible!! So sorry about your situation!!

Agree w/ PSUHeather ~ you should be able to take this individual to small claims court for a nominal fee. As long as you have copies of the executed contract and bank statements verifying what you paid him, and the proof that he answers potentially new customer email but not yours, then you really shouldn''t need an attorney. It sounds like you have a good case for that type of venue. However, even winning a case in small claims, you may encounter some difficulty collecting from the judgement... But this guy really needs to be held accountable in some way...

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Is this photographer part of any photographer/photography associations? Might want to find out and report the situation with them. Also find the larger wedding sites that have regional areas like The Knot that you can use for feedback.

So sorry to hear of your tragic situation. It''s something that I think we all fear with wedding vendors. It''s a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing and the pictures can''t be replaced easily. I''d definitely look into small claims court and hope that he shows up to defend himself... arrange to meet him to discuss his packages and prices at the courthouse.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry this happened to you. Have you tried calling the better business bureau.

Click Here for their website

From the website you can find a local agency. Best of luck and hopefully you get your money back and have possibly saved others in the mean time!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2005 10
6.gif
9:10 PM
Author: rfath
Is this photographer part of any photographer/photography associations? Might want to find out and report the situation with them. Also find the larger wedding sites that have regional areas like The Knot that you can use for feedback.

So sorry to hear of your tragic situation. It''s something that I think we all fear with wedding vendors. It''s a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing and the pictures can''t be replaced easily. I''d definitely look into small claims court and hope that he shows up to defend himself... arrange to meet him to discuss his packages and prices at the courthouse.
Or you could hope that he doesn''t show up to defend himself ~ if he fails to show up then it is almost always an automatic judgement for the plaintiff...
28.gif

wininet

Rough_Rock
Kahmad,

I am currently going through the same situation. I was wondering what actions you took to finally get your pictures. Thanks so much.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if you can file a fraud claim with the police?

peanutmouse

Rough_Rock
Please note, if you do searching on the internet you will find others with problems with Barry Fisher over the past year+ from a different msg board (partypop.com).

Our wedding was 6/27/04. Our bridal album order was placed 3/05...we have yet to receive or hear from him. We ARE taking legal and civil action. Please contact either the Hatfield (PA) police dept and/or District Attorney''s office in Philadelphia (per the Hatfield Police recommendation). Also, you can file a complaint in the Montgomery County Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau. They also suggested contacting your local police dept. We are taking ALL these steps, plus more, until our situation is resolved.

For us, we felt as though the proofs were good and liked the outcome the photos. Now though, he is filing personal bankruptcy stating it''s due to negative feedback on his photography business (he mentioned he is not including the wedding clients). Of course, he refuses to contact his current clients to inform them of his delays or whatever is going on.

The Hatfield police said THE MORE PEOPLE THAT FILE A CIVIL COMPLAINT in the District Attorney''s office, THE BETTER RESPONSE we will receive. I encourage all to do so! Don''t forget, there is also the media that can be informed of his scamming....

Curious too...are there any of you that signed/paid for a photo contract and he did not show up at all?

Hope this is of help.

peanutmouse

Rough_Rock
**Barry Fisher Scam - 9/10/04 Update**
35.gif

Please note that contacting the Montgomery County (PA) District Attorney''s office is incorrect information.

To file your complaint contact the ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE, State of PA (or FL as appropriate) at Broad & Spring Garden Street in Philly, 215/560-2414.

Lori S.

phillyfir

Rough_Rock
Also note, we tried to go to the Hatfield Police and they told us to call our local police. You have to file a police complaint in your township but certainly make them aware of all the sites you have been posting too and the others who are filing complaints in different townships.

peanutmouse

Rough_Rock
BARRY FISHER ADDRESS / PHONE / EMAIL

All those affected by Barry Fisher''s scam, we have obtained information from our local police department report. We have filed with the Better Biz Bureau, Consumer Affairs (both in Montgomery and Bucks County, PA), and the Attorney General (state of PA). Our next step is to sue him in Small Claims Court and contact any and all local media about him.

HERE IS YOUR LONG AWAITED INFORMATION IN CONTACTING BARRY:

PHONE NUMBER: 215/826-8532
ADDRESS: 1102 Wood Strret, Bristol, PA 19007
EMAILS: [email protected] AND [email protected]

From our understanding, he is currently living with his sister Kathy Krieger.

I will keep posting on this site, and PartyPop, as needed.

Good luck!
Lori S.

Rache

Rough_Rock
Dear Kahmad, Just wondering how many months it took for your pictures to finally arrive.
Thanks,
Rache

Rache

Rough_Rock
Dear Lori,
Wow!! You guys have really moved forward with this. I am sad to add my name to this whole scandal. My husband and I got married on November 27, 2004 and did receive our proffs in March 2005 ( 4 months later). We were happy with them but have yet to receive our album. I thank you soooooooooooo much for your information. I also filed with the BBB but they have his PO box listed as the company address. I e mailed them with the new information that you provided but I don''t know if it will make a difference. Will the BBB reach him through the PO box???
Raissa

Rache

Rough_Rock
To everyone who is involved in the Barry Fisher saga!!!! PLEASE call the Bucks County Consumer affairs!!! 215-348-7442.
I spoke with a very informed person at the Montgomery County Office of Consumer affairs and he explained that Montgomery County can''t do anything at this point.....However, Bucks County Consumer Affairs have had several calls already and knew exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned Barry Fisher!!! They DO have an investigator working on this case. The more people that call and file a complaint the more proof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also he did advise to file with the attorney General''s Office!!! 215-560-2414!!!!! Everyone is really nice don''t be afraid to call and file!!!

Rache

peanutmouse

Rough_Rock

We have contacted ABC Channel 6 (Philly) and will see what happens. They have both a phone number and online form that you can submit for their investigation procedure.

It might be a good idea to communicate Barry''s new information on any and all filing you do, or have done, so the agencies you are dealing with have his current data.

Lori S.

mouseclick

Rough_Rock
I will post this message only once. Barry Fisher''s correct address is 1906 Juniper Lane, Bensalem, Pennsylvania. Barry Fisher does not live at the Wood Street address that is posted. Additionally, he does not have any siblings. He is an only child.

Any attempt to contact the Wood Street address will result in immediate legal action by the true residents.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2005 12:30:02 PM
Author: mouseclick

Any attempt to contact the Wood Street address will result in immediate legal action by the true residents.
Um.....what kind of legal action could even be justified for the delivery of a letter or summons at an incorrect address?

mouseclick

Rough_Rock
We''re just frustrated because we''ve been dragged into something we have nothing to do with. We''re getting bombarded with phone calls, mail and visitors to the door. I hope that posting the Juniper Lane address will be helpful to all of the affected wedding clients. Thank you.

(1906 Juniper Lane, Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Not that I''m involved at all (just a computer geek), but according to http://www.reverseaddressdirectory.com, Frank E. Paulsworth lives at 1906 Juniper Ln
Bensalem, PA 19020. Don''t know if he''s involved at all...

mouseclick

Rough_Rock
Barry Fisher doesn''t own the house at 1906 Juniper Lane in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. He is renting a room there. The owner of the house is not involved in any way with the wedding business.

Rache

Rough_Rock
Dear Liz,

Sorry you are being bombarded. Of course we all want answers. Poor Frank will now be bombarded but maybe he can help us. Thanks for your info.

Rache

peanutmouse

Rough_Rock
My husband went to Barry''s place of business today to confront him directly face-to-face. The result is Barry just gave more generic excuses and lies...mainly that he was not aware of people trying to contact him. My husband advised Barry that we are in contact with numerous victims and are encouraging everyone to pursue him. During their conversation, a call was placed to Barry''s photo processing vendor (Mecca Professional) and it was verified by the owner that they are developing our album.

Liz and her family were helpful and not involved in anyway with Barry''s scam. Please use the 1902 Juniper Lane, Bensalem, PA address that was previously supplied in the forum. They were kind enough to assist us in locating Barry -- please respect their privacy in this matter.

For those of you who''s requests have gone unanswered by Barry, we would suggest you take a visit to where he is currently living in Bensalem. He was very, VERY, surprised to see my husband today at his workplace and hopefully this will get some results for everyone involved.

Again, please do not disturb the residents at the Bristol, PA location since they are, and have, helped us in this unfortunate situation.

Lori S.

mouseclick

Rough_Rock
Lori,
It was very kind of you ask everyone to respect our privacy. Thank you very much for your most recent posting. Just wanted to point out that you inadvertently typed "1902" when in fact, the address is 1906 Juniper Lane in Bensalem, Pennsylvania.

Thanks again, Lori. :)

peanutmouse

Rough_Rock
emteeth.gif

We finally recv''d our album and negatives last week via USMail from Barry. Apparently, contacting him face-to-face worked. He also sent to us (about 2-wks ago) a copy of a filed bankruptcy letter dated 9/14/05. I know back in the spring it was mentioned by Barry himself that he was going to file bankruptcy but would not include the wedding clients.

We are currently in the process of letting the involved parties (Montgomery Consumer Affairs, local police dept, etc.) know of the status of our situation that it has been resolved. We hope that everyone else out there is able to rectify their own situation with Barry.

If we can be of any further help, plz do not hesitate to contact us through these forums as we will still be monitoring them.

Just as an FYI on the agencies - the BBB could not do much for us, the Attorney General''s office did contact us via USMail, and the Montgomery Co Consumer Affairs talked to us stating there is an on-going investigation of Barry. Our local police and Barry''s family members helped us the most. Our next step was to have filed in Small Claims court, but luckily we did not need to go that route afterall.

Lori & Bob S

ps. Plz note for those victims in Florida, Consumer Affairs mentioned that you have to file in the county in which the crime happened down south (probably Pasco Co).

peanutmouse

Rough_Rock
There have been requests made for Barry''s work location since that was the only way we were able to resolve our situation. To those that are still victims of Barry Fishers scam, here is his work address:

Kirks Lane Lamp Parts Co.
Keystone Industrial Park
2541 Pearl Buck Road
Bristol, PA
215/785-1251

Hope this helps.
Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results