Thanks?
9.gif

Date: 6/29/2010 1:04:22 PM
Author: crasru
What is the size of the spinel?
It''s 6mm.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ring! The color of the spinel is really pretty. I just got the same setting that Sally made for my blue green tourmaline. I was very impressed with the workmanship on the ring. The bezel work is wonderful. I think it is just as nice as James Meyer''s work. I am even more impressed after finding out the ring is handmade. I didn''t know that when I ordered it - I just assumed it was cast.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cind11! I saw your ring too, and I think it looks fantastic!

I do love that all of Sally''s pieces are handmade, it makes the quality of the work even that more impressive I think. And I love the flexibility it gives you in terms of design and doing mixed metal pieces.

I think when I save up enough, I"ll send my barry malaya to her too to get reset from it''s current LOGR home because I just love her work. Can you tell I''m a huge (biased) fan?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MTG! I think switching out your LOGR setting would be a great dea. I know people really seem to like those settings, but personally I would rather save and wait a bit longer to get something really unique.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. But sometimes I get too impatient to wear a stone and have my budget otherwise tied up. Hehe. LOGR rings are fast so it''s some immediate gratification for a good price for the materials.

I think this ring was something like 2 months from when I mailed the spinel to Sally and when the ring got to me.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring MTG!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that colour is quite a show-stopper, IMO!!!!! Love the new home, and the workmanship looks superb! Wear it in good health, MTG!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another beautiful piece! Love it MTG!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 1:40:52 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I agree. But sometimes I get too impatient to wear a stone and have my budget otherwise tied up. Hehe. LOGR rings are fast so it''s some immediate gratification for a good price for the materials.

I think this ring was something like 2 months from when I mailed the spinel to Sally and when the ring got to me.
I certainly get the impatience and instant gratification thing. I am guessing it was about two months for my ring to get to me too. I can''t remember. I know it took less time than the pendant JKT made for me.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is a very pretty blue! I love blue:)

Love that green stone of yours too!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and setting both!
And I too was distracted by that tanzanite!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The spinel is gorgeous! The setting is really nice.. reminds me of James Meyer.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I really like your ring MTG, is it comfy as well as beautiful? Thank you for all of your wonderful pictures. I''m getting to see my own as soon as Sally is back from her trip, it''s the same design with a few modifications and a purple sapphire.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I''ve never seen a James Meyer in person, but I can see the design resemblance.

Chictomato: Thanks, that tsav is possibly my favorite colored stone ever. hehe. It''s cut by Barry. More (and better) pics here: LINK

MariedTiger: It''s actually a super comfy ring, the band is just slightly thicker than her lotus rings.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beautiful piece. I love the design of that setting.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice!! I LOVE that elegant profile.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, too. (And sorry for the "?" - I always forget to put on my eyeglasses and hence you''ll see more mistakes from me, I am afraid...).

MTG, how large is the diameter with the setting? I have some 6-mm stones but considered them too small to be set individually, but perhaps one of them will do?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Crasu,

I''m not sure the diameter in the setting, I would estimate about 8-9mm. If it helps, my ring size is a 4.5

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MTG, that is real good to know
1.gif

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I really love this ring, I keep coming back to it. I love the color and this is a setting I never would have thought I liked if someone described it but...seeing is believing. I believe it is amazing. Love the braid/twist

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks Christie!

Haha, colored stones are dangerous. I bought a blue cashmere sweater yesterday (in JULY) because it matched my new spinel ring, oy. They do look fabulous together though!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful piece, from the blue spinel, the perfect cut, to the two tone setting! I really like the profile view that clearly shows the high quality work!

BTW, that tanzanite is a killer too!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow MTG, that spinel sure has some flash, perfect in that setting. :appl:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
The colour of the spinel has got to be one of my favourites so far on this board. I really like the ring setting too. It looks like it has great craftsmanship.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
a couple of Qs if I may?

Are there side stones? If so what are they? Do you have a link to this setting maker? I'd like to check out some of her other designs. Thank You!

BEAUTIFUL Ring btw....*wipes drool*

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rparker1998 said:
a couple of Qs if I may?

Are there side stones? If so what are they? Do you have a link to this setting maker? I'd like to check out some of her other designs. Thank You!

BEAUTIFUL Ring btw....*wipes drool*

Here's Sally site:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/HeartofWaterJewels

She does have a version with diamond or cz sidestones, I don't really like small sidestones in general though as I tend to be rough with my rings.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results