shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry blue spinel in Iolani Sally setting pics

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like it''s been forever since I ordered this ring, but I finally got it! I picked it up after I got back from my summer vacay to Italy.

Anyways, I can''t express how beautiful this setting is in person. So delicate, so sophisticated, so stunningly elegant! And the spinel color turned out exactly what I wanted, kind of a twilight night sky, shifts from med blue to dark blue to violet-blue with loads of sparkles.

I know LOGR is cheaper in terms of materials, but for stones that are special to me, I send them to Sally because her settings just look much more refined in my opinion. I just wished shipping to thailand was a bit less scary!

Anyways, photos!

IMG0984.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for the hairy fingers

IMG0990.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A group shot of my Sally pieces

IMG1016.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for looking!!!

For those curious, the Mistral ring is 14k yellow, the head on the tsavorite (which didn''t photograph well at all, arg) is 18k yellow, the accents on the iolani is 14k rose, and the tanzanite pendant is 18k rose.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that spinel''s color really POPS. It''s lovely MTG!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
MTG- it is gorgeous! I love the medium blue shift of the spinel....just stunning! I hope to have a similar sally piece one day- until then I will live vicariously through you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m enjoying the sparkle show but I have to admit my eyes keep going to that tanzanite, wishing it is a blue spinel for durability.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2010 7:55:24 AM
Author: Chrono
I’m enjoying the sparkle show but I have to admit my eyes keep going to that tanzanite, wishing it is a blue spinel for durability.

Haha I know. I love the color on the tanzanite too, it''s just stunning in person, I get so many compliments on it. So far no damage to it as far as I can tell, I mostly just wear it on the weekends, and take it off when I''m at home.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
Very fine workmanship on that piece. Enjoy!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous spinel and a very pretty setting. Thanks for sharing and enjoy!!
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its lovely MTG!!
30.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks B.E.G. and Flygirl and Yingh!

Sarahbear- Thanks! I hope you get your Sally piece soon too, they really are just lovely works of art.

TL - Thanks, I really do love the workmanship, I'm tempted to get another of the same ring in red.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
MTG, looking GOOD!

Beautiful spinel, love the color and cut. I saw this ring on Sally''s "Sold" category and I knew it had to be for PS-er, did not know who yet.

Congrats, it turned out just fine and looks wonderful on your hand. Well proportioned.

I have two stones I''d planned on sending to Sally, one for a Mistral setting and my star ruby from Tucson for a lotus setting but the last posting of that wonky ring put me off until we know more about Sally''s shop. Good to see your results here.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Stoniegirl!

This is my 5th piece from Sally and I''ve only once had a small quality control problem, and she was fast and happy to remedy it. I think all jewelers make mistakes on occasion, but I do think overall Sally''s goldsmiths are fantastic. I think her head goldsmith is a bit more experienced perhaps, I don''t know if you can specially request him. Maybe if you''re making a pricey purchase? Can''t say I''ve ever asked.

I certainly get many compliments on my pieces from Sally, people think the settings look very high end and are generally impressed at the detail of them.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing your projects when you decide who to send them to!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results