• Both

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just use bar soap but I have no idea what kind. I probably have 42 bars of soap, all kinds, because my mother for some reason likes to stock me with soap, toothpaste, and shampoo/conditioner. I am in my forties…she’s a trip.

I use Basis unscented sensitive skin soap.

Your post made me laugh @monarch64. We watched my grandniece for a long weekend when she was around a year old. She was being treated for eczema for months and it hadn’t cleared up completely. My niece called asking what I had used on her skin. The eczema was completely gone. I went out and bought her 24 bars of Basis soap. After reading your post, my niece probably thought I was nuts.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no - no bar soaps at sinks for me either.

All sinks for hand washing are foaming pumps refilled (until they break) with watered down dr bronners liquid castille when they run out.

You know, as much as I'm a die hard bar soap for the shower person, it totally grosses me out when people do it for hand washing! We have refillable liquid soap dispensers for all sinks.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, as much as I'm a die hard bar soap for the shower person, it totally grosses me out when people do it for hand washing! We have refillable liquid soap dispensers for all sinks.

when i use bar soap - in my own home
i always give it a few extra rubs under the tap for good measure
but it does make a slimmy mess on the vanity
i do like the feel of a cake of soap
also for cleaning fingernails you can rake ones nails through it

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think I‘ve ever used bar soap. With no offence to those that use it - It kind of grosses me out; the drying and splitting of the soap. Also do you all have individual soaps for each person and if so where do you keep it all. My shower shelf space is limited =)2.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t think I‘ve ever used bar soap. With no offence to those that use it - It kind of grosses me out; the drying and splitting of the soap. Also do you all have individual soaps for each person and if so where do you keep it all. My shower shelf space is limited =)2.

We all take showers in different bathrooms..I have my Dove bar…My husband and son each have Dial because they need a stronger soap..haha We use them down to slivers..When we were younger and we had one or two bathrooms..we each had our own soap dish..

Reactions: CMN

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Growing up we all used the same bar of soap, whether in the tub/shower or at the sink. It didn't have the chance to get dried out or split!
There was no such thing as liquid soap or shower gel in those days.

Fun memory: Back in the 1970s in college, living in a girls-only dorm, my friend and her roommate went to the floor's bathroom/shower room at the same time. They were in adjacent shower stalls. My friend had forgotten her bar of soap and called out to her roomie, "Can I borrow your soap?"
"Sure" said a deep voice, and a hairy arm came over the wall on the other side of her stall, with a bar of soap. :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this at my local Asian supermarket today and thought of this thread. :mrgreen2:

20220823_203020.jpeg

Wow, @xsouzie! That's a heart-warming photograph. Thanks for taking it for me! Wonder if my local Asian supermarket might have it too...

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Camay bar soap is also available on both Amazon.com and Walmart.com. No idea if it's the original formula though.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive never thought about a different cake of soap for each person
i just have one in the bath and one at the basin.
(and that gardener's one in the laundry)

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, @xsouzie! That's a heart-warming photograph. Thanks for taking it for me! Wonder if my local Asian supermarket might have it too...

It definitely doesn't hurt to look! Or you can try Dollar Stores in your area. There are a few here that carry brand name personal hygiene and cleaning items. =)2

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Body wash and a salux towel...everyday.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Growing up we all used the same bar of soap, whether in the tub/shower or at the sink. It didn't have the chance to get dried out or split!
There was no such thing as liquid soap or shower gel in those days.

Fun memory: Back in the 1970s in college, living in a girls-only dorm, my friend and her roommate went to the floor's bathroom/shower room at the same time. They were in adjacent shower stalls. My friend had forgotten her bar of soap and called out to her roomie, "Can I borrow your soap?"
"Sure" said a deep voice, and a hairy arm came over the wall on the other side of her stall, with a bar of soap. :lol:

I had the same lived experience...but in the 80's. Need for "soap" never changes...

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results