• Both

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This hilarious discussion between two Daily Show writers about bar soap or body wash appeared in my YouTube feed. It's great! Lovely and relaxing...and yet strangely compelling!

So where do you land on the bar soap/body wash debate? I use both, but probably body wash more. I think it's not as drying on the skin. On the other hand, there's nothing like bar soap to get you feeling super-clean!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Bar soap - no plastic bottle waste that probably won't be recycled, and I only use it on the pits/privates/feet anyway, unless I'm scrubbing off sunscreen residue.

Plus, I can support local soap making artisans and the scents are wonderful.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bar soap - no plastic bottle waste that probably won't be recycled, and I only use it on the pits/privates/feet anyway, unless I'm scrubbing off sunscreen residue.

Yeah, I like bar soap a lot. There are some really lovely bar soaps out there. The Waterlily and Freesia ones from Fresh are beautiful. And you just can't beat the clean feeling from bar soap.

But it does annoy me the way that you end up wasting the last part of the bar because it gets too small to lather. I've tried to lather the new soap and the old sliver together to make them stick, but they don't stick. I looked up online about how to use your slivers, and all the methods were super-complicated - who's got the time? - but there was one method which involved putting your slivers in an old pantyhose knee-high sock and using them that way. Perhaps I'll try that. I have a sliver of Fresh soap right now and it's driving me crazy not being able to use up the whole bar. That stuff is NOT cheap!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am trying to switch over to bar soap and also to shampoo and conditioner bars, in another step of cutting down on my plastic waste.

However, I have done much better on that with the laundry soap, where I've 100% switched over to boxes of powdered detergent.

I rarely take a plain bath but must have the frou-frou stuff and body wash doubles as bubble bath, so it is hard to resist. Otherwise, the bubble bath and soap flavors do not match! I do use bar soap at all the sinks in the house now, though.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have über sensitive skin and use Dr Bronner's soap for babies. LOL

drbronnersoap.png

On my body only.

On my face I use La Roche posay dermo cleanser.
And Avene thermal water.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco's Kirkland bar soap for me, and body wash for my DH.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha, this is me 100%

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I’m super high class with my Ivory bar soap but it’s cheap and gets the job done.

Since I’m the only woman in the house I have to get something that works for everyone and doesn’t smell flowery :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I use slippery water!!!! I am a sucker for nice smelling stuff.

cheers--Sharon

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I’m super high class with my Ivory bar soap but it’s cheap and gets the job done.

Since I’m the only woman in the house I have to get something that works for everyone and doesn’t smell flowery :)
This is my all time favorite -
Ivory bar soap. :)

Sometimes alternate with Pears glycerine or Kirks Castile but always go back to classic ivory! :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Kirk's Castile bar soap.
Occasionally I buy handmade soap from local soapmakers.

P

Petalouda

Another +1 for dove bar soap. When my daughter had eczema as an infant, only a bar of baby dove would clear up her skin. Not even liquid baby dove worked. That was enough to convince me to ditch liquid soaps and use bar.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much love for the Dove!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Olay body wash. When I was in my late teens, there was a product called Moisturelle. Now that was slippery. I can't even find any info on it these days, but it was a long time ago.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
bar soap and liquid soap
i buy the refill bootles

if im really dirty i like bar soap so i have both in the shower and by the
basin
but a cakeo f soap is kinda messy, ive gone back to white not coloured

i have lavender soap with pumas in, in the laundry for after gardening

Gary always liked bar soap but of late he's using more liquid, but he also likes to use both

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so thick and creamy and lathers so well, though, that it doesn't last long at all!

we have very hard water

:(2

nothing much lathers
you just kind of have to have faith it is cleaning
i think thats why i go through so much dishwashing liquid

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely Dove bar soap! Nothing else makes me feel as clean!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Dr Bronners bar soaps for me. I love the rose scented one!!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I really like body wash, I use it for shaving as well. My husband prefers bar soap. I do recycle the bottles whenever possible.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Dove bar for us on the regular, and it has dings on the edges because sometimes I boogie a little when I'm showering and I drop it.
My son is the only one who uses liquid Dove because he's a fancy man.

I get local soaps from a nice lady in town sometimes.
*This reminds me that I need to get some more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results