Votes: 26 40.0%
  • Body Wash

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • Both

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
I’m a body wash person. I get icked out by bar anything because I feel like once it’s touched my skin it’s become dirty and then I’ll need to wash it off and then it’s sort of wasteful.

I use bar soap only when I don’t have another option!

(Also I have super dry sensitive skin - and hair - that hates everything. After going through I don’t know how many companies and products, I’ve found some that suit my skin/hair and will never change! Hope they don’t reformulate lol).

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dove bar for us on the regular, and it has dings on the edges because sometimes I boogie a little when I'm showering and I drop it.

Gosh, don't slip while you're throwing shapes in the shower! It's a serious hazard. I and other people I know have slipped in bathrooms and it's NOT pleasant!

May I ask if you play music and this causes you to boogie, or do you sing in the shower and can't resist dancing too, or is the music all in your head? Enquiring minds would like to know!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son is the only one who uses liquid Dove because he's a fancy man.

Oh yes, that is fancy. I've seen that Dove body wash and it's not cheap.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that video I posted about bar soap/body wash, they say that they think body wash is a relatively recent thing and that it's only been around in the last twenty years. This made me realize that yes, before the mid-Nineties or so it was always shower GEL! Does anyone else have this recollection? Shower gel was the only form of body wash available. I think they are correct that body wash - I suppose it's liquid soap - is a more recent thing.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my all time favorite -
Ivory bar soap. :)

Sometimes alternate with Pears glycerine or Kirks Castile but always go back to classic ivory! :love:

Pears glycerine! Gosh, talk about a blast from the past! I remember that being around in my early childhood, many decades ago! I think my late maternal grandmother used it and she was born in 1908!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone remember Camay soap?? That's what we had at home for YEARS growing up, but you never see it now.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for Dove bar soap!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to love bar soap! But we had to switch to body wash when we moved to this house. Our well water is hard. Bar soap interacts with the hard water to leave a hard to remove scum on surfaces and on skin.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, don't slip while you're throwing shapes in the shower! It's a serious hazard. I and other people I know have slipped in bathrooms and it's NOT pleasant!

May I ask if you play music and this causes you to boogie, or do you sing in the shower and can't resist dancing too, or is the music all in your head? Enquiring minds would like to know!

In my head, mostly. Eh, it's more middle aged wiggle, so it's the soap at stake.:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In that video I posted about bar soap/body wash, they say that they think body wash is a relatively recent thing and that it's only been around in the last twenty years. This made me realize that yes, before the mid-Nineties or so it was always shower GEL! Does anyone else have this recollection? Shower gel was the only form of body wash available. I think they are correct that body wash - I suppose it's liquid soap - is a more recent thing.

hang on ?
are we talking about two diffeernt things?
i just assumed in the context of this thread shower gel and liquid soap for all intensive purposes was kinda the same thing (almost)

Reactions: CMN

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Body wash...always St. Ives rose water and aloe body wash and an exfoliating mitt. Makes my skin super soft!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dove all the way! I buy both the bar and the body wash. Even my hubby loves dove. :bigsmile:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i had a beyoud yucky job to do in the kitchen tonight
i felt like i needed another shower (but there is that other thread on conserving water)
i used the liquid saop in the kitchen but i still felt unclean and had to go to the bathroom for bar soap

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hang on ?
are we talking about two diffeernt things?
i just assumed in the context of this thread shower gel and liquid soap for all intensive purposes was kinda the same thing (almost)

Shower gel is a detergent. Liquid soap such as Bronner's is chemically different-- it's a soap, not a detergent.
If we use Bronner's with our hard water we get the same hard-to-remove soap scum as if we used bar soap.

I use Bronner's liquid baby soap (unscented) to wash my pearls but I have to use bottled, distilled water for both the wash and the rinse.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. I use the coconut milk bar soap and I use the same scented dove deodorant.

I love the smell of coconut. I’ll look for it next time I need soap..

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone remember Camay soap?? That's what we had at home for YEARS growing up, but you never see it now.

Of course! The best part was the cameo pressed into the bar!
It was so exciting to open a new bar and see the cool cameo on there. Gosh I was such a jewelry freak, even as a little kid!
il_570xN.2991518725_hztu.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally use Dove bar soap, but every once in a while will buy Ivory. Don't know why but I like to switch up occassionally. I've never been a fan of either shower gel or liquid soap when bathing, although I do use liquid soap at the sink for washing my hands.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know they quit making Camay. That's too bad.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby and kids all use Dove Sensitive.... when the kids were infants their pediatrician once commented on how moisturized and healthy their skin was. He asked what I used bc he hardly ever saw infants with skin in such good condition. ?? It was just Dove Sensitive. I didn't use lotion or anything else on them either. Needless to say, I stuck with that.

For myself, I somehow ended up with Dr. Bonners Castile liquid soap, hemp variety. Love it.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a Dove bar fan until I read that body wash causes less soap build up in the shower
I'm all about reducing the time I have to spend cleaning, especially in the bathroom
We've been using Dial Spring Water Body Wash

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you use bar soap in the kitchen, be aware that some bacteria feed on bar soap and thrive on it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I love bar soap, they make very little sense here. I have no where to really put them and they do indeedy get sticky and gross. So shower gel it is.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no - no bar soaps at sinks for me either.

All sinks for hand washing are foaming pumps refilled (until they break) with watered down dr bronners liquid castille when they run out.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just use bar soap but I have no idea what kind. I probably have 42 bars of soap, all kinds, because my mother for some reason likes to stock me with soap, toothpaste, and shampoo/conditioner. I am in my forties…she’s a trip.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've used Dove bar soap all of my life. Did have to switch from pink to the white unscented due to perfume sensitivity.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shower gel is a detergent. Liquid soap such as Bronner's is chemically different-- it's a soap, not a detergent.
If we use Bronner's with our hard water we get the same hard-to-remove soap scum as if we used bar soap.

I use Bronner's liquid baby soap (unscented) to wash my pearls but I have to use bottled, distilled water for both the wash and the rinse.

ill have to take my glasses to the supermarket next time

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just use bar soap but I have no idea what kind. I probably have 42 bars of soap, all kinds, because my mother for some reason likes to stock me with soap, toothpaste, and shampoo/conditioner. I am in my forties…she’s a trip.

That’s love @monarch64! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results