shape
carat
color
clarity

Bands galore!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to hear from you, @mrs-b! It would have to be an anniversary or birthday band but I can definitely conceive of more bling - teehee!

The 3.2mm "medium" size Embrace (8 pointers?) is the perfect over the top yet complementary blingy companion!
IMG_4704.jpg

Indeed! A perfect accompaniment. Love it.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm not sure how long the plating would last on my finger but my husband's WG wb looks terrible now!

I didn't try any of the channel set bands but I did see this:
https://www.fashionphile.com/tiffany-platinum-diamond-sapphire-3mm-band-ring-48-45-386039

My size but it's 3mm.
Ah sorry to hear about your husbands WG band. My husband also has a WG band and 4yrs in it still looks great, but we all react differently to wg.

I was more so thinking of this one for you. I think that it might look really lovely next to your ring and it can be found easily on the secondary market. (I might have already found one for you) I realize that channel set might not be the first choice of many, but T&Co’s channel set bands feel like butter on the hand. This particular one is delicate, it will provide a lovely contrast, some added sparkle and you wouldn’t have to worry about matching a band perfectly to your e-ring. Of course you might hate it, in which case feel free to ignore my suggestion.

If you go with an embrace style band, i’d personally recommend that you get a custom one with warmer melè to match your beautiful ACA.

Last edited:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah sorry to hear about your husbands WG band. My husband also has a WG band and 4yrs in it still looks great, but we all react differently to wg.

I was more so thinking of this one for you. I think that it might look really lovely next to your ring and it can be found easily on the secondary market. (I might have already found one for you) I realize that channel set might not be the first choice of many, but T&Co’s channel set bands feel like butter on the hand. This particular one is delicate, it will provide a lovely contrast, some added sparkle and you wouldn’t have to worry about matching a band perfectly to your e-ring. Of course you might hate it, in which case feel free to ignore my suggestion.

If you go with an embrace style band, i’d personally recommend that you get a custom one with warmer melè to match your beautiful ACA.

Hi @SimoneDi, thanks for all the recommendations! Did you find a pre-loved channel set option?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Tiffany knife edge band is one of the most affordable items at Tiffany. I would get it just to have that gorgeous Tiffany box. That was my daily set for a few years, until my fingers increased in size and the band stopped fitting. I find that wearing it with my solitaire made the center stone look bigger. ;)2
But I do feel that every gal needs an eternity band, so I vote for 2 bands :P2
Btw, did the Tiffany SAs ask if your gorgeous ring is from Tiffany?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Tiffany knife edge band is one of the most affordable items at Tiffany. I would get it just to have that gorgeous Tiffany box. That was my daily set for a few years, until my fingers increased in size and the band stopped fitting. I find that wearing it with my solitaire made the center stone look bigger. ;)2
But I do feel that every gal needs an eternity band, so I vote for 2 bands :P2
Btw, did the Tiffany SAs ask if your gorgeous ring is from Tiffany?

Hi @CareBear! Nah, she didn't ask if the soli was from Tiffany. A ~3 carat Tiffany soli would have a thicker band (and crazy price tag)!! I wouldn't turn one down tho. :tongue:

I just returned the Tiffany knife edge band as the width discrepancy bothered me from the start. I think I'm going to have to go with the BN matching set. Now it's a question of whether to get the matching white gold or platinum version as the soli has a platinum head and a 14k wg shank.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay, so I'm going to check out the matching BN knife edge band. Should I get the 14k wg or platinum version for my 14k white gold shank/plat head solitaire?

My current e-ring is 14k wg (with new platinum head from WF) https://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/nouveau-knife-edge-engagement-ring_38921

matching wedding band comes in 14k wg or plat:
https://www.bluenile.com/knife-edge-wedding-band-platinum_34241

Considerations:
-If platinum or rhodium plated 14k wg will make the K stone look brighter and whiter
-How the e-ring and wedding band will wear together over time
-I don't want to replate 2 rings -_-
-Will plat and 14k wg look off?

@mrs-b @diamondseeker2006 @SimoneDi (Simone, I think you will vote for matching wg given your preference for exact matching metals) @yssie: I would appreciate your metal expertise! Thank you for your time!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the 14k WG portion rhodium plated?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d personally go with a 14k WG rhodium plated band, then :))

That way the bands will match and wear evenly!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m leaning towards getting the platinum knife edge so I don’t have to replate two rings in the future. Just not sure if the color difference between the two bands would drive me nuts.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you'll see enough of a color difference to be concerned about. You actually can rhodium plate platinum if it bothered you. If you plan on keeping the white gold e-ring, then I'd just get the wg band. But if you think you'deventually change to all platinum for the e-ring, in that case I'd definitely get platinum for the band.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous e-ring! I love the way the classic plain diamond band looks with it in the 4th pic down on your first post. I think that's the right size to accentuate your ring and match with it, without taking anything away. I do like the plain diamond band over the ones with sapphire and ruby.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think you'll see enough of a color difference to be concerned about. You actually can rhodium plate platinum if it bothered you. If you plan on keeping the white gold e-ring, then I'd just get the wg band. But if you think you'deventually change to all platinum for the e-ring, in that case I'd definitely get platinum for the band.

I didn’t know you could rhodium plate platinum! I think I’d like to eventually change to platinum in the future so def something to consider

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous e-ring! I love the way the classic plain diamond band looks with it in the 4th pic down on your first post. I think that's the right size to accentuate your ring and match with it, without taking anything away. I do like the plain diamond band over the ones with sapphire and ruby.

Thank you, Kim! Tiffany’s classic embrace bands are dreamy, indeed!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like @yssie indicated, the WG version will match and wear evenly. It is also a cheaper version which is another plus imo, you can put the difference toward another band, for example. Because you yet don’t know how frequently you might need to rhodium re-dip, wg might be totally fine for you, or you might need to replate once a year.

If you can, I’d personally order both versions of the band and pick the one you like better in person.

Last edited:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’d like to announce the winner of the wedding band search: B2EC1904-22D2-4FE2-BE51-913E8D778FD0.jpeg

The slightest glimmer of sapphire and diamonds. Dainty and unobtrusive, she is tiny but mighty! :love:

Last edited:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’d like to announce the winner of the wedding band search: B2EC1904-22D2-4FE2-BE51-913E8D778FD0.jpeg

The slightest glimmer of sapphire and diamonds. Dainty and unobtrusive, she is tiny but mighty! :love:

Absolutely stunning!:love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love!!!! More pics please!!
Is it a full eternity?

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
That will be soooo pretty and refined on your hand all by itself, too! And, when you feel like stacking, it will play nice with the other bands!

Congrats!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It's a half eternity which is more practical for my lifestyle.
That will be soooo pretty and refined on your hand all by itself, too! And, when you feel like stacking, it will play nice with the other bands!

Congrats!
Thanks, @tigertales. I love how it's so small that it almost invites a third band to the party! :dance: It would be nice to get the plain matching knife edge band in the future but I love the uber dainty pave with the solitaire.

Love!!!! More pics please!!
Is it a full eternity?
Happy to oblige, @motownmama! :mrgreen2: I can take profile pics later. The ring is set low.
IMG_5192.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results