shape
carat
color
clarity

Band Width

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondbabe

Rough_Rock
I am trying to get a feel of how thick a 3mm or 3.5mm band is in relation to a 1.5 - 2 carat diamond. I love the WF W-Prong but the diamond in the picture looks pretty big and I am not sure I will be so lucky. I just don''t want to have a large band that may dwarf the diamond. I primarily am interested in cushion or princess cuts but would like to see all rings with these measurements if you have pics.

Thanks!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think that would dwarf you diamond at all. My diamond is 2.3 carats and my ring is 4.5mm next to the diamond, and tapers down to 2.5mm on the side, and I love the way it looks! I personally really like rings that are a touch thicker...they seem classy and substantial. BTW, the w-prong is one of my favorite settings for a princess cut...drool!!! Here's a link to my ring pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-new-old-2-3-carat-oec-e-ring.49501/

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings are in my avatar...my diamond is 1.5, and the band is 5.5 mm...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, I think she means the e-ring band.

Here''s a picture of my diamond when I had it set in a 3mm band (I reset it in one that is just slightly less than 3mm). It is the lower set, diamond is 1.63 cts. (7.6mm in diameter). (Upper set is a 1 ct. diamond on a 2mm band).

IMG_0060.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker I love your rings :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2007 2:50:46 PM
Author: woobug02
diamondseeker I love your rings :)
Awww, you are sweet, woobug! Thanks!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

My bands are each 3 mm - both the engagment and the wedding band. THe asscher is 2.2 ct, measures 7.2 mm x 7.1 mm. I think it looks good because I wanted the width of the bands to match, but a thinner band does make the stone look bigger. As long as the diameter of your diamond is over 7 mm, I think 3 mm would be fine.

jgcr1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results