shape
carat
color
clarity

baguette side stones- does the quality have to be the same as the center stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
First of all, thanks for all the knowledgable people on this forum! It''s making my proposal alot easier! The center stone I''m looking to get will be an "Ideal" 1.0 ct stone (round cut F color/ VS2 clarity). Does the baguettes on the sides have to be the same? The ring I found has baguettes (.33 total) with G/H color, S1 clarity. I have NO idea what the table/crown angle/crown height/Pavillion Depth/etc. is.

Questions:
1. Do I need to know these facts (crown angle/table/etc)? I know the jewler doesn''t have all those numbers on the ring, but I MUST get the ring, the problem is that if I want to change the baguettes, I may have to wait a few weeks.

2. Do I need to change the baguettes? She won''t sell me the ring by taking off the baguettes, she will have to order a new ring with new baguettes if I want to change the quality.

THANKS!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I don't know too much about baguettes, except that I have some in my semi-mount, and I like them very much!
1.gif
But I do know that you can very "safely" combine those stones, color and clarity-wise. Unless you are VERY color sensitive, don't worry about that at all. I think they will look just fine!
love.gif

Lynn

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
The way you have to look at it is that how do the side stones "face up"? G/H color side stones can look very pretty. What is the clarity on them? There is no need to change them (unless you are a perfectionist). If they look dirty to you, then for sure have them give you a better set.

Time is an issue... if you already have the center stone picked out then have it set in a solitaire and when the setting is ready... they can mount it on to the new/clean setting. This way, you can still propose on time and she has a ring on her finger and in the end you get a better quality side stones.

good luck...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results