shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguette Shank on Round Halo Leon Mege Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I think I got it to work...

will this image be of any help to you??

MI band 5.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I am so bad at this stuff. HEre is my jackleg version.
7.gif

jackleg.JPG

Miss Aussie

Rough_Rock
Mintve

I tried for ages last night to try and photoshop the 3mm band onto the e-ring but couldn''t make it work.. Your effort looks alot better than any of mine did. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Here is a picture of a different halo e-ring and plain w-band (in yellow gold though and no stones on the shank) in case this helps.

CourtneyYellowGoldHalo.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Miss Aussie! Nebe posted this on another thread. I think I like the plain band w/ the pave ring, what are your thoughts??

plain and halo.jpg

Miss Aussie

Rough_Rock
I think the plain band with the pave shank looks great in that picture.. My jeweller had actually recommended making the e-ring with a pave shank and thin plain wedding bands either side aswell... Have you decided what you will get? There are too many choices.... At this stage i still can''t decide between:

- Square step-cut baguette shank with pave bands either side; (leaning towards this option) or
- Pave shank with thin plain bands either side; or
- Plain shank with pave bands either side (love this look with the pave wedding bands either side of the plain shank but don''t like it when ring is on its own).

Can''t wait to see your ring when it is done.. Have you decided on the size of the centre and melee stones?? I won''t be getting my ring untill around May next year (seems too long to wait) but am already talking to jewellers and looking at diamonds (i am driving my partner crazy). Given my budget of around $7000AUD ($5000 for stone, $2000 to make setting/white gold/melee), i am looking at around a 0.92-1.0 ct centre stone, D-I colour, VS1-SI1 - eyeclean, Excellent/Ideal Cut (went and saw a 0.92 F, SI1 GIA Excellent cut at Melbourne Diamond Exchange the other week for $5500) and around 1-1.5 pointers for the melee and if i have the step cut baguettes these will be 3 pointers (this is size of the ones in the copy of the tiffany ring above)

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 6:56:52 PM
Author: Miss Aussie

I think the plain band with the pave shank looks great in that picture.. My jeweller had actually recommended making the e-ring with a pave shank and thin plain wedding bands either side aswell... Have you decided what you will get? There are too many choices.... At this stage i still can''t decide between:

- Square step-cut baguette shank with pave bands either side; (leaning towards this option) or
- Pave shank with thin plain bands either side; or
- Plain shank with pave bands either side (love this look with the pave wedding bands either side of the plain shank but don''t like it when ring is on its own).

Can''t wait to see your ring when it is done.. Have you decided on the size of the centre and melee stones?? I won''t be getting my ring untill around May next year (seems too long to wait) but am already talking to jewellers and looking at diamonds (i am driving my partner crazy). Given my budget of around $7000AUD ($5000 for stone, $2000 to make setting/white gold/melee), i am looking at around a 0.92-1.0 ct centre stone, D-I colour, VS1-SI1 - eyeclean, Excellent/Ideal Cut (went and saw a 0.92 F, SI1 GIA Excellent cut at Melbourne Diamond Exchange the other week for $5500) and around 1-1.5 pointers for the melee and if i have the step cut baguettes these will be 3 pointers (this is size of the ones in the copy of the tiffany ring above)

Hey Miss Aussie-

It will be some time before I get my ring too...probably at least May, just like you :)

Right now I am leaning toward the RB cetner stone w/ round melee pave and step princess cut stones on the shank. I really like the open gallery and I am thinking of have a plain band sit flush agains the ring and upgading one day to ahve pave on eitehr side!!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, I forgot to say that I am looking at 1 carat stones too!

I am doing so much research, trying on of rings, looking at stones etc. My BF thinks its great that I want to be an educated consumer; plus, if i left it up to him, he would go to the store and pick-up the first diamond he saw!!

sounds like we are in the same boat :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results